1 2 3 Previous Next 90 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 9:13 AM by WOLFGOTTAGUN RSS

Old maps re-purchased. Updated: 4-9-2014

Izjar11

COD

I wanted to indulge in the entire: Being sold "re-skinned" maps as new maps topic and perhaps (if we are lucky) the developers might read this.

Do you agree that we should be sold these maps (remade)? Me = No.

I do not like this trend, with new COD titles. I want new maps, new things not old maps (revisited) into looking new. I have played many of these older maps so many times now,  but aside from that, I have already PAID for them in previous games! This is what sort of insults me now: Paying for maps, that I already once paid for!

The choice to purchase the game is mine, and that of the DLC but this one thing about DLC I dot not favor. Do not sell maps that have been paid for! Please.

If you want to build your esteem, loyalty and customer base offer us these maps for free (to all). I want new maps to play and learn and enjoy. Treyarch did this and now IW is doing it.

I want to update that last sentence: If you want to continue to provide us with the will to return sell us NEW MAPS.

I sincerely hope the developers read this and take note, for as a COD gamer I no longer want to be paying for "re-skinned" maps. I want to buy new DLC.

To those who are new to COD and never played them: Allowing them to give us already paid and played maps for free would benefit everyone.

Message was edited by: Izjar11

Message was edited by: Izjar11

• 1. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    MLDWAY1

Think of them as just 3 new maps and then they threw in an extra bonus map too.

• 2. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    Izjar11

MLDWAY1 wrote:

Think of them as just 3 new maps and then they threw in an extra bonus map too.

No, they are selling them to us. Once a dollar sign is added that means your being sold.

• 3. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    phxs72

If I recall correctly BO1 had one or two reskins in the DLC as well but when there wasn't a reskin involved I believe (could be wrong) that all we got were 3 new maps.  If that's the case, these reskins are actually more for our dollar than what we previously had.  So from that perspective it's a plus.  However, I get that you would like 4 new maps instead of 3 new and a reskin.  I look at the old maps as a bit of nostalgia and enjoy playing them even though if I wanted to I could just pop in the old game and play all of the old maps again.  I certainly wouldn't mind though if they offered the reskins as free to everyone.  I do like that they bring a few old maps back with the new game.  It doesn't concern me how they bring them back.  I just like that they do.

One more thing that I'll add is that at least for the 1st DLC they apparently did more than just reskin the map.  I never played it in MW2 but from what I understand they added an underground path that never existed before to the reskin.  So perhaps IW is making an effort to take things a little further this year and not just bringing back the exact same old map but rather a slightly re-envisioned version.

• 4. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    dtuchpunk

I don't buy dlc anymore. MW2 last time. Not worth the money anymore.

Just give is more maps from the start.

• 5. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    Kukkolfkambo

Sigh.... This type of thread pops up every time, doesn't it....

NOBODY is forcing you to buy the DLC. You aren't buying Scrapyard which is available to you in MW2, you are buying Scrapyard (Ignition) which is available to be used in Ghosts. It's not entirely the same.

Buy it or not - it's a choice.

• 6. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    Highwayman0226

Another reason I didn't get season pass this time.  Treyarch reskinned 4 maps after I paid for new ones.  If they want to please their fans with remakes, make em free.

• 7. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    Izjar11

dtuchpunk wrote:

I don't buy dlc anymore. MW2 last time. Not worth the money anymore.

Just give is more maps from the start.

This.

It would be a better thing to have maps released to us all (free) and have them sell us micro items (camos, headgear, uniforms, etc.)

• 8. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    Izjar11

Kukkolfkambo wrote:

Sigh.... This type of thread pops up every time, doesn't it....

NOBODY is forcing you to buy the DLC. You aren't buying Scrapyard which is available to you in MW2, you are buying Scrapyard (Ignition) which is available to be used in Ghosts. It's not entirely the same.

Buy it or not - it's a choice.

Fella,

I am more then aware that the decision to purchase ANYTHING is in my hands, what I am suggesting: Is no more re-skinned maps. You missed the point guy.

• 9. Re: Old maps re-purchased.
    Izjar11

Highwayman0226 wrote:

Another reason I didn't get season pass this time.  Treyarch reskinned 4 maps after I paid for new ones.  If they want to please their fans with remakes, make em free.

Yes, why are they adding these already paid for polished to look new maps? Are they lacking creativity? It must take time to make it look different and yet be the same, so why not simply give us a NEW map, unplayed / new.

from what I've been reading, the other maps are great.

1 2 3 Previous Next