27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 11:33 PM by Fang_1192 RSS

i.e.d's

Adeeez100

Just curious, if the fact of i.e.d's being complete crap and ruining the game has been mentioned by anybody, like seriously, please.

• Re: i.e.d's
    s_paw1

They nerfed it. You can avoid them now. What more do you want?

MadOne2099

You're right they were already hitmarker machines. They didn't need a nerf. And the idea that an explosive can be avoided once tripped is ridiculous anyway.

WarriorPoet

People are such cowards, nobody wants to get killed in a game where the whole point is killing and getting killed.  IEDs are and were easy enough to dodge without the nerf.  How do I know this to be true?  Here's my IED stats (rounded) from the beginning of Ghosts till now:  900 uses, 550 hits, 170 kills.  If it was sooooo easy like people say to get kills with the thing shouldn't my amount of hits and kills be reversed?  I think the community needs to get over in game deaths before we completely destroy this game and the future of COD.

rainmaker6

I have a little better kill rate (21.8%) but more or less the same. But those whiners won't let the facts get in the way of their agenda to nerf them.

MadOne2099

There have been way too many posts from people whining about being killed by IED's and/or explosives. It's part of modern combat units and hence part of the game. Get over it please!

DjDUB_UK

MadOne2099 wrote:

There have been way too many posts from people whining about being killed by IED's and/or explosives. It's part of modern combat units and hence part of the game. Get over it please!

Totally agree..like almost everything in this game..there is a counter..its called SIT-REP…USE IT! Leave the I.E.D.'s alone…I have been killed countless times from them..but it's just part of the game…switch up your class mid game and use Sit-Rep…simple solution really.

MadOne2099

Exactly right! I hate being killed by them but it's my own fault that I don't use Sit-rep or any other tool to counter them. Just like the people who don't like noob tubes. It's the same argument year after year.

trialstardragon

Or are you the problem just because you refuse to use the perks and counters in the game to get by them...

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

Sitrep is a must in Ghosts (imho). Campers polute the landscape by throwing IEDs around like candy, my favorite trick is to shoot at it and wait for a coward to peak around only to get killed by a fearless and brave runner'n'gunner.

iTzSurreal

IEDs/Claymores/Bouncing Betties do nothing good for the game besides provide a crutch for players. They promote camping. For the most part, they are a skill-less kill.They just aren't necessarily healthy for good game play. They are in the same class as noobtubes, riot shields, and C4.

For anyone bring up realism, this game isn't realistic at all. Look at sniping...

rainmaker6

The crutch is sat coms, oracle, ping, target finders, sitrep, recon. IED/claymores/Bettys actually exist and this is a military FPS not halo.

iTzSurreal

Sitrep isn't a crutch. It's something that contends with crutches that other players use (motion sensors, IEDs, etc). Also, I never said anything about this game being Halo. It's an unrealistic military twitch shooter. If you think it's realistic, you are delusional. Realistically you couldn't run around with a sniper quickscoping and no-scoping like it's what the sniper is made for. Also good luck drop shotting and scuf jumping in real life - especially with an LMG or sniper.

IEDs are a crutch as they remove map awareness for snipers and campers. They also allow random kills and are easily placed on a spawn.

rainmaker6

I never said it was realistic, you suggested I did.  However the crutches are the make believe stuff you need to keep from dying from the real weapons. Next crutch you should ask for is the force field so you become a bullet sponge.

If you want to complain about unrealistic quickscoping why don't you complain about your unrealistic jump shooting when you shouldn't be able to hit anything or reorient yourself in the air. Or your sitrep, ping, oracle. You're delusional if you think sitrep, oracle or ping is real. Works both ways but you only want to nerf the "crutches" other people use. When it doesn't suit you you whine it's not realistic. When it helps you, you have no problem with it being unrealistic.

Claiming IEDs remove snipers and campers need for map awareness is hilarious when you can't see a blinking light or hear the beeping.

trialstardragon

Incorrect, they are tactical equipment and when used provide a new layer to game play. People that complain about them are those that need the crutch of the, not being in the game. Because they dont want to have to adapt or changer their perks or playstyle.

They are not a skillless kills it takes skill to place them in areas where people do not pay attention because of their foolish rng headless chicken style of playing. They have no unhealthy impact on the game only a gb or mlg player thinks they do since they cant adapt to them or simply choose not to and want to remain in their tunnel vision as they move around.

iTzSurreal

Yes, that is what the game calls them. But tactical placement takes about as much tactical awareness as that found in your average rug (in other words none). Spawn points are easy to learn - just watch where you spawn. Or perhaps you can place it by one of the doors to the room you are camping in. Maybe place around that corner you're camping in.

There's also a reason GB players and MLG players are GB players and MLG players. They tend to be more tactical than your average CoD player. Most of them are players that quit pubs because of how easy pubs are. There's a reason when tournaments happen and pros play they play with e-sports rules and no IEDs. It's not because they can't adjust to them, but rather they are a cheap, free kill that adds no strategic element of any substance to the game.

It's funny how in the CoD community the esports community gets bashed on so much, yet in other games their opinion is often held as the most valid. Pro players know the game better than your or me. They play it more. Thinking differently would be ignorant. The thing is though, most of the CoD community is ignorant.

gotsomestars

Lol@ MLG being more tactical. What a joke. If they have to REMOVE half the stuff in the game to compete, the are about HALF as tactical. Makes sense no?

trialstardragon

Actually the reason why gb and mlg players are as they are is simply because they do not want to have to deal with the full game. They want a limited skill set and then claim it is competitive and takes more skill to play as they do when in truth it does not.

It is not that they are cheap it si the fact that they don't want to have to look anywhere but straight ahead. they have tunnel vision and thus don't like anything that forces them out of their precious map setups. yes they do add a level of strategy to the game. It forces players to have to be aware and look around and not just blindly move forward only looking infront of where they are going.

Pro palyers do not know the game better than anyone, they play with a limited drilled down skill set, which does not mean they know the game better.

Actually it is mlg and gb players that are ignorant when they try to assume that their view on how a game should be played is any more valid or important than anyone elses. And the CoD community as a whole knows this and does not accept their elitist attitude where they think that just because they play with limited weapons and attachments they are better than everyone else.

TheDarkOne123

If the MLG was actually competitive their setup would be no aim assist or sticky aim everyone would only be allowed to use a specific tier of perks and they would all have the same gun type and there would only be nonlethal point streaks.

ChestSplittah

So bringing up skill in a unrealistic game is, intelligent?

Good to be back. .

♤esmorgue♧

nicedrewishfela

Amazing how making minor changes to things "ruins" the game.

Or did it ruin your killstreak because you were dependent on the IED for the kill?

ChronoZombie

IEDs were absolutely fine the way they were.  SitRep and Blast shield were hard counters to them, and simply not running was a soft counter- if you heard the beep while walking you could easily get away from it.

I just had a game where I threw an IED behind the bar in Strikezone, by the B flag.  As I came around the corner I saw a guy there who drop shot me and killed me, my IED got a hit marker.  He lay down on top of the IED, which was touching his neck, and he didn't die.  This unnecessary nerf just created a second motion sensor in the lethal slot, and the motion sensor sucks enough in the tactical slot. 

TheDarkOne123

To be honest the IEDs need huge buffs I think they should be instant detonation time and a lower detection rate so they don't blow up too early then their damage needs to be buffed to 100.

jamesbond99

if you have a problem with it, use SitRep.