1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 236 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2014 11:12 AM by Run_N_Gunning_Camper Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    Slopat

Thank you for clarifying your point. Regarding headsets I disagree, but can respect your point. Cheers.

• 21. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    EJKHunter

A person can play just fine with only speakers, but to say the experience with headphones isn't much different is the thought process of either someone totally tone-deaf who can't tell the difference anyway (and if you are, I meant no insult there), or someone who is just looking to whine and troll on something because... I don't know why people whine or troll about nonsense like this...

It isn't a crutch, it is a tool. The game devs are not favoring a tool. Considering it is third-party and they don't get any profits from my purchase of Astro's or Turtle Beaches or whatever, it only makes a person accusing them of this seem... well I can't use the right word for it being so anti-PC, so I'll just say mental lol

Headsets are a manner to enrich your experience with a game, they allow you to hear things that others might miss (90% of which are inconsequential in competitive gaming)... Sure Amplify with TB headsets really lets you hear a goodly damn distance, but then you can without that perk too... yeah, Dead Silence is now actually what it's name suggests.. you can hear users of such perk with Amplify still, but it's tougher and not as obvious... but it is quiet and subtle enough that should you decide to just run the speakers on your tv, unless your volume is excruciatingly loud you're going to just assume Dead Silence is simply that and write it off as something you'll have to develop a different strategy for...

There is nothing wrong about using a headset, the same as there isn't anything wrong with just rocking the speakers - but given you can snag a "good" headset for about 30 bucks (again, half what you paid for this game in the first place, and it enhances all other games as well) there's no excuse to complain or whine or cry or whatever. Don't defend some inane schtick about "banning" headsets, or "headset users" being evil... its nonsense and quite frankly if you truly feel so vehement about it, then perhaps it is time you hang up the gaming boots and move on before you become just another bitter nostalgia-chump who has nothing better to do than troll forums and dream about the "good ol days"...

It's just a freaking headset... go soak your head for awhile, your brain's going bad... lol

• 22. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    TheDarkOne123

No need to insult anyone he is voicing his opinion not attacking everyone. So before you post make sure you are actually posting something productive. If you wanna have a debate keep the insults out of it. Posters these days if you disagree with them they insult and attack you.

• 23. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    trialstardragon

Actually no I am not tone deaf and there is no marked difference between the sounds from my tv and my TB when ever I use them.  My tv has built in stereo with simulates surround sound and produces the same quality and level of sound as my TB32's do.

It is a crutch if a person needs it in order to play the game and do well. a person should not need any extra tools to play the game then a tv, and controller. If they require or use any tools to enhance how they play they are using a crutch and without it probably cannot do as well.

I play the same regardless if using my headphones or the tv speakers, it makes no difference in how alert or aware I am to what is happening in the game.

The game should not cater to headset user giving them any advantage over non headset users ever. And just because the price is low on some does not mean someone should have to get them ir order to remain balanced against other players that do use them.

No one because of any sort of third party tool should have any advantage over anyone else in the game ever.

• 24. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    TheDarkOne123

Does it count as a crutch if I am going deaf in both ears? Just asking cause I can't really have my TV loud because of my neighbors.

• 25. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    trialstardragon

At that point I would say no since it is being used to bring your hearing back to par with other players with out hearing problems.

• 26. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    TheDarkOne123

Oh okay wasn't sure haha.

• 27. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    admunday

I don't hate headsets, I use them all the time playing COD.  I just disagreed with the fact that having a set meant I did not need amplify to hear all footsteps (whether users had DS or not).  It seemed like a free perk, which did not seem quite right.

That has been rectified after this patch.

• 28. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    ooOutraageousoo

Slopat wrote:

If you find they don't make playing the game any better, why don't you stop complaining about them? Or are you just trolling?

It certainly seems like that from my viewpoint...

He has TBs and says they don't improve his game or give him an advantage when he uses them instead of his TV, but then says other users are getting an unfair advantage...

• 29. Re: A lot of Hate for HEADSETS in here since the patch...
    ooOutraageousoo

TheDarkOne123 wrote:

I don't hate head set users I only hate Amplify because of how much of a crutch it is and if you don't the Dead Silence vs. Amplify thing is a problem then quickscoping isn't problem either.

I think the DS vs Amp effects everyone, not just headset users...

TBH, I haven't noticed a major difference aside DS being silent which is somewhat expected...

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next