8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 8:25 PM by Poppa-Ghosts RSS

Stationary sound effects anyone?

brsox

I think it would be neat to add some new sound effects to the game to discourage hiding. If someone sits in one place too long, they could start letting out noises similar in volume to footsteps. These sound effects might include such classics as "trembling in fear", "heavy breathing", and "mumbling or praying". If a leaf were to blow across their field of vision, maybe even "lady like scream" would be appropriate. And if they stay in one place for an extensive amount of time, "warm crackling fire" will really help to set the mood.

• Re: Stationary sound effects anyone?
    brsox

Nobody wants to be detected while staying still?

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

How about a sound of heavy panting after you run around? That's realistic and will discourage running around too much. You run around and your character gets tired. The more you run, the louder your panting becomes. Now that's what i want the devs to do.

Highwayman0226

How about a 30 second cooldown on sprint?  Or if you sprint too long your legs get tired, and you fall down and get back to your feet slowly.  That's realistic.

brsox

I like where you are going with this realism thing. How about a dynamically changing character appearance and condition? The more you run, the better in shape you become and the less you pant. Your character could become thinner too. For people that dont move around much, their character should become fat and visibly larger. they could also let out extremely loud groaning and heavy panting while trying to move.

Tygrastic1

Maybe we should just dumb down this game to the point where the map is a football field, everyone shows up on the mini-map, and there is nothing to hide behind.  This way, you can get your awesome gun on gun action (the arcade style shooter that CoD was built on) where NO ONE can hide and you can run around LOL hipfiring everyone.  Sounds awesome!  Sign me up.

I like Highwayman's suggestions but with one addition.  Instead of falling down, you drop to your knees and throw up looking at the ground.  This way you can't use your gun.  This way, the run-n-gunners can't just fly from spawn to spawn using door A, B, or C.  Only problem, this might "hinder" the intense action and mind-boggling gun fights that every other CoD has had except Ghosts...

/endsarcasm

toby_jugs

should be able to hear campers farting imo

brsox

a loud "fart" noise followed by "What is that smell!?" or "Oh God, I just pooped my pants". This would be hilarious. Possibly even green stink lines surrounding the camper? Sort of like pigpen from charlie brown.

Poppa-Ghosts

I don't know about Riley, but he sounds like he needs to go use the restroom facilities half the time.  And what's worst of all for campers is that they love the dog killstreak; when all it really does is draw unwanted attention to the spot they are rooted in.