21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 9:16 AM by USMC-NUT-KRACKER RSS

Clans caught boosting!

USMC-NUT-KRACKER

I know of a clan that my clan competed against and they were caught boosting, they were penalized the -666 for the Rio wars. Now they are back In business and competing? IW & Beachhead WTF? Did they learn their lesson? Maybe but I bet they learned to not be so obvious in their cheating! When they get behind...boost! When another clan gets to close in points....boost! I do not think justice was served! Does anyone know if they would have been stripped of their achievements that they won in the war that they boosted in? I find this very frustrating!   

• Re: Clans caught boosting!
    ctfw529

USMC-NUT-KRACKER wrote:

I know of a clan that my clan competed against and they were caught boosting, they were penalized the -666 for the Rio wars. Now they are back In business and competing? IW & Beachhead WTF? Did they learn their lesson? Maybe but I bet they learned to not be so obvious in their cheating! When they get behind...boost! When another clan gets to close in points....boost! I do not think justice was served! Does anyone know if they would have been stripped of their achievements that they won in the war that they boosted in? I find this very frustrating!  

if you think they're cheating again, report them to beachhead - Beachhead Studio (beachheadstudio) on Twitter

last wars me and my clan went up against a clan who were obviously boosting and nothng happened to them, so it is frusterating, but what are ya gonna do?

just mad because after this war i would have had  my red mask

hotshot237

Yea i know how you feel because that happened to my clan during the London clan wars. But the clan that beat us had 845 capture points (obviously there were boosting) but no matter because they're clan was bumped down to level 1 and had to start completely over and we ended getting the clan war victory. The reason why i know this is because before the London clan wars we had 3 clan war victories and we had to win one more in order to get the body count armor and when the clan war was complete and everything sorted itself out, we ended up with the body armor. So I am guessing that they are trying to catch the boosters on clan wars, but they can only catch one clan at a time.

Hope this helps,

YGZ-YOU_GOT_DEAD

DigitalMojo

I feel your pain I feel like the same stuff happened to us yesterday one clan captured 6 nodes in less then two hours, my clan is really good and we always take at lest 4 in the first day but no way 6 in two hours from the start time. I call BS on that. I get so pissed off at the people that play this game because someone is always finding ways to cheat the game and it will not ever be stopped because COD  is more afraid of losing money then keeping the game fair for the ones that want to paly on a fair playing level.

USMC-NUT-KRACKER

The clan that I'm talking about is still at their same level, they were not "reset" so to speak. when I looked them up yesterday they were leading their grouping but the numbers appeared to be legit, I guess my point to this is that it seems to me they just got a slap on the wrist, when in my opinion they should have been banned for a longer duration and completely reset back to level 1 and the players who took part should have been reset!

hotshot237

i understand that man but like i said if they are trying to catch the boosters and everything they can only catch one at a time. Luckily for my clan they caught them as soon as they started doing it. But I do the feel your pain whenever you try to win a clan war and you can easily beat all of the other teams, but there has to be that one ***** clan that ruins it for the rest of us that actually enjoy playing the game instead of finding loop holes and destroying it.

YGZ-YOU_GOT_DEAD

ctfw529

USMC-NUT-KRACKER wrote:

The clan that I'm talking about is still at their same level, they were not "reset" so to speak. when I looked them up yesterday they were leading their grouping but the numbers appeared to be legit, I guess my point to this is that it seems to me they just got a slap on the wrist, when in my opinion they should have been banned for a longer duration and completely reset back to level 1 and the players who took part should have been reset!

also @ W_E_A_P_O_N_11 - did you guys report those clans to beachhead during/after the last clan war?

if so, did you ever maybe think, "hmm, maybe they're not cheating"?

TheBeastlyDude

Not throwing fuel on the fire, but what makes you think the clans are boosting? I was playing last night with my clan and in the span of 5 hours, we only lost one match. We took the lead on clan ops and kept capping points faster than the other teams because we played to win fast. We never did boost. Could the clans you think that are boosting just run into the same luck as my clan seemed to?

Also this was posted on Reddit by someone at Beachhead to let everyone know how they are handling cheating on the clan wars:

C. In order to ensure a fair playing field, all console matches where a clan is playing against itself are now discarded. Additionally, the anti-cheat robots will now watch to see if clan opponents are the same from match to match, and flag clans for analysis who are winning repeatedly against the same opponents regardless of whether they are clanned. So don't do that.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

well this maybe the case now, but we know it wasnt the case prior.. in this war it seems to be fair,a nd everyone is playing fair.. what my clan did was get rid of inactive players.. this put us against clans with less people, and we are smacking the clans we are going up against UP.. so I think we just had to get more strategy

TheBeastlyDude

We had to do that strategy also. We had about 20 inactive players and it made the first clan war a nightmare for us, though we did win in the end. Another strategy we have in place is we have a party of 6 playing and if any extra players get on, they play the nodes we are holding to pad the extra wins on and slow those who might be playing the node. We also have about 2 people engineering the strategy at the time and everyone keeps following it so it's a plus.

hotshot237

Well I'm not saying that all clans that have alot of capture points are boosting but its the fact that whenever we take a node back (Domination for example) and its take an average of 10-15 mins per match and it requires 25 wins which means that they have to bring our wins down to 0 and then work their wins back up to capture it but we are only a 6 person clan and the clan that took it back only had 7 members captured it back. but the kicker is that our clan took almost 3 hours to bring them down and capture it back but then as soon as we captured it they had our wins down and took the node back within 45 mins. something seriously doesn't seem to add up there. At first I thought they were good COD players but i checked all of they're stats and not one member of their clan had above a 1.00 K/D ratio. And in my opinion you have to have a decent K/D ratio to compete in objective game modes like Domination or you are just going to get slaughtered.

TheBeastlyDude

If they are boosting, they will get flagged and dealt with. Just relax and do your best and if they are cheating, they will get their just deserts.

ctfw529

hotshot237 wrote:

Well I'm not saying that all clans that have alot of capture points are boosting but its the fact that whenever we take a node back (Domination for example) and its take an average of 10-15 mins per match and it requires 25 wins which means that they have to bring our wins down to 0 and then work their wins back up to capture it but we are only a 6 person clan and the clan that took it back only had 7 members captured it back. but the kicker is that our clan took almost 3 hours to bring them down and capture it back but then as soon as we captured it they had our wins down and took the node back within 45 mins. something seriously doesn't seem to add up there. At first I thought they were good COD players but i checked all of they're stats and not one member of their clan had above a 1.00 K/D ratio. And in my opinion you have to have a decent K/D ratio to compete in objective game modes like Domination or you are just going to get slaughtered.

"the clan that took it back only had 7 members" - how do you know this was the only clan working that node against you? just because they took it doesn't mean anything, every clan member that gets a win in that matchtype will take you down a notch. it could've been 3 or 4 clans working against you.

i'm not saying it didn't happen, but your above example is flawed simply because you don't know how many that other clan had playing, nor do you know if they were the only clan working that node against you.

USMC-NUT-KRACKER

The last clan war this clan had the -666, that means they found guilty of cheating.