30 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 2:37 PM by Kothar44 RSS

Quit Percentage Stat?

zzyzzwix

I was just thinking yesterday about how many people were whining about being thrown into losing games, and how I hate it when randoms earn me a loss despite little fault on my end, One tangent lead to another and eventually I thought that rather than having a ragequit loss affecting your W/L, how about a quit percentage that is affected when you leave instead? It would actually make W/L a meaningful and valid stat considering how many times a lot of hard work gets put into the W/L stat only to lose it to matchmaking giving you a lobby with 65-17 scores?

Discuss.

• Re: Quit Percentage Stat?
    RepublicSoldier

Yea I been thinking along the same lines. Battlefield has it it would be nice to have it here also.

illstplaya2live

Bad idea. This would mean that the person who leaves would have a great win/loss record because they would only stay in the game for wins and when they were losing they would leave but the loss would turn into a quit game instead of a lost game. They would end up with no losses.

iivrruummii

If you quit, then it should count as a loss and hurt your game completion stat.

If you stay, then it should only count as a loss.

If you have more than a 10% disconnection percentage then you get a locked title of Quitter until you get below 10%. You have an XP deduction of 25%

If you have more than a 25% disconnection percentage then you get your stats, kills and wins, wiped and get a permanent title of Rage Quitter, and you have a XP deduction of 75%

If you have more than 40% disconnection percentage, you can no longer level up until you get down below 25%, and you get a permanent title of Chronic Quitter.

Kothar44

If it exceeds 50% can we electrocute them?    I'm starting to like this.

TheBeastlyDude

This might be the most thought out answer to a problem in this game that is actually not an extreme answer. I do believe 10% disconnection might be too low to start calling someone a quitter. If they quit, for whatever reason, 1 out of 10 games, I ain't going to be mad at you. Perhaps 20% or 1 out of 5 games would make a little more sense. Have the steps at 20%, 35% and 50% and I'll be good with it. Also add to the list of punishment that at 35%, you can no longer help out in clan wars so that there is the added pressure from their clan to not be a quitter.

Kothar44

So, you want a way to bail on a game that you're not winning so your w/l ratio goes up huh?  Do you really think any of us believe you would only use it when you got put into a 65-17 lobby?  Do we really need something to rectify an event that happens once every 2 years (being dropped into a 65-17 lobby)?

Admit it, you just want a way that you can bail and not take a loss when you get to the end of tdm and you trail 72-66 so your w/l ratio does not go down.  After all, it take a ton of sins to go up appreciably and one loss makes it drop bad.

I have an alternative.  Don't be so caught up in your w/l stat.  I don't care if your w/l is 0.86, 1.14, 1.86 or 17.2.  I doubt you can find 5 people on these forums that DO care what your w/l record is, or if it went up or down 0.13 last month.  YOU may find YOUR w/l important, but how much meaning does it still have for you if you know it it only that high because you use the "Quit Percentage" bail exploit to achieve it?

zzyzzwix

Wow. Way to completely veer off of the subject.

And no. Next time, I suggest you keep your 'assumptions' to yourself.

CANDIMANNVIN

Your post seems to be only to antagonize.

The amount of times I have been 'dropped' as you so eloquently put it into a lobby of around 65-17 on tdm or dom at 150 + is ridiculous, you get spawn killed to hell.

So it's safe to say I disagree with your comment, maybe once you start a match you cannot leave until it has completed?

Kothar44

Of course it is.  His complaint is that others quit matches, so he gets put into matches that are a guaranteed loss.  His solution is a new stat that allows him to quit without damaging the stat that is important to him - W/L. The only thing he wants is the same ability to quit as the ones that left before him, except without taking that same action affecting the stat he prefers to think of as important.

On top of that, he wants us to think that him and his ilk would only use that "quit without harming W/L" option in games he was dumped into trailing by huge margins.  I know darned well he would use it to preserve his precious W/L record in games where the end is near and he is on the losing side.   

Quitting mid-match is already a huge problem, creating a way for it to be done without penalty to a favorite stat would only increase the frequency with which it occurs.

What do you think would happen if we used this same new stat and eliminated your kills/killed from a match you left for calculating kdr?  Everyone negative would just bail.  In this case, the losing team just bails near the end and no one ever takes a loss.  Why would anyone support that?

zzyzzwix

My "complaint" (which by the way, wasn't even a complaint, don't know where you got that from, but I'm going to paraphrase it for you now, you're welcome) would only be true if I had a W/L worth defending. Last time I checked, I haven't signed up for Elite and I've only shared my PSN to one other person on this site and guess what, you're not that person. So tell me Kothar44, how would you of all people know that I was really trying to defend my W/L stat when in reality, you don't know a damn thing about my stats? For all you know, I could run around with Riot Shields and care less if I got the win or not. My W/L could be a 0.22 for all you know, so I suggest you take that 'ilk' and shove it up your arse.

That alone should be enough to undermine your stupid posts, but no, let's go a little further, shall we? Especially since you alone don't seem to be getting the message: I am a man of logic and reasoning, so what's the first thing I'm going to do when I keep running into a known issue? I'm going to try and come up with a somewhat tangible solution complaint, where the discussion in said complaint would help it fine-tune itself, as it has done so in this thread. Where did I say this was a result of my bad games? Want to know why I came up with this thread? Because I'm quite sure I replied to three different threads with the same subject within two ******* weeks with my response generally being 'What can you do?', so guess what, I tried to come up with a solution complaint, which wasn't held in poor regard with anyone except you, who went on to make a b*tchfit rant on a goddamned IDEAS thread, like my (imperfect, by the way) solution complaint was meant to be some sort of ******* conspiracy, that would make Alex Jones proud. Well done!

This is the second time you've shown you're only capable of acting like a ******* idiot on my thread, so if you'll do me a favour and keep your mouth shut on my other threads complaints, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

xX--MattySW--Xx

I think the problem you will have with this is the genuine leavers: lost connection, power failure, emergency at home (or nagging wife!) etc. These people will feel a bit agrieved if they get put in the quitters pool.

ehess001

I think more stats is a waste. How much different would this game be if there were no K/D, W/L etc... I am not a stats guy, I have no idea what my W/L is, and I don't care enough about it to bother looking it up.  So maybe that's why this makes no sense to me.  Do people look at others players W/L? or is this just more of a personal thing knowing your own W/L? Not trying to be a jerk, just wondering...

Izjar11

Though not a bad idea, what purpose do you think another stat would do?

What the game should do is reinstate another probation period on those players who tend to QUIT allot more than usual, I mean allot in a day.

zzyzzwix

The initial concept was that it would add a degree of validity to W/L ratios. For instance, a person who has a 3.20 W/L and a 72% quit percentage doesn't necessarily have the most valid W/L stat, but I also noticed quite a lot of 'I hate joining games late' threads popping up, and how I noticed they'd actually benefit more from leaving the game instead.  I suppose it would need quite a lot of refining if something like that were to actually work out, and probably isn't the best solution, but stuff like this is up for discussion here.

phxs72

Since this is probably the 3rd thread on this subject today, I guess I'll weigh in.  Everyone that joins a losing match late gets a loss.  Therefore everyone's w/l is affected in the same way.  None of us are immune from joining late matches.  You could remove the lose from the programming and everyone's w/l would rise proportionally.  So the 70% (just pulling a number out of thin air here) that you might seek would suddenly be as common as the 45% that you see a lot for solo players today.  In other words that higher w/l wouldn't be special.  The only upside to the current situation is that it does punish those that lobby hop.  In other words, if you join a lobby just to turn around and leave it and you do that a lot then your w/l will be lower than the average.  That is a self imposed punishment that you could easily avoid just by playing out the match.  I know that you are going to say but these guys suck.  Well that may be true or it could be that the guys in the lobby you joined got there the exact same way you did and had nothing to do with the match being so lopsided.  I can't tell you the number of times that I've joined a lobby on the losing side of things and by staying in that lobby either won the match or flipped the tables on the other team in the next match.  Sometimes just adding one more competent person to a lobby is all a team needs to win.  Have you even considered that perhaps the reason a team is losing is because they've been fighting in a 4 vs 6 or maybe a 3 v 6 practically out of the gate against a team of good players?  I say that the current system affects all of us with the guts to fight equally and those that lack guts get to deal with the punishment for not being brave enough to fight.  I don't particularly care if they change the system but the one that is in place is working as intended.

iivrruummii

phxs72 wrote:

Everyone that joins a losing match late gets a loss.

You only get a loss on Ghosts if you select your class.  If you don't select your class you get kicked for inactivity but you don't take a loss.

phxs72

That is true which just makes this whole concern about taking a loss that much more silly.  There's already a built in system to avoid it for those that just can't stomach joining a losing match.

kurt24

I support anything that discourages quitting in-game.

TG-ThoMz

Calling players 'quitters' is just silly. I understand that there are players that leave games for all sorts of reasons. I know that there are even players that dashboard games to not negatively effect their stats. However, standard mp matches are made solely for players to enjoy and have fun. If your job happens to be a pro gamer, then that is the only time you need to put any level of commitment into playing. It's a video game, just like Super Mario or any other, the fact that you play online against other human players was and is designed by developers to just integrate social interaction to an otherwise individual activity (same with split-screen). As long as a player follows the rule inset by the developer, than coming/going/how they participate/if they participate is all their own choice.

Playing a video game (non-professionally) should be just about the lowest priority in someone's life, done solely for fun- If this is not how you see it, then stop playing MP matches and find some sort of competitive seen (there are plenty).

Game devs want everyone to have fun, but that doesn't mean that one players idea of what's fun is the same as someone else's.

zzyzzwix

Then what's the problem? I'm going to assume that your post is about the 'quitters' aspect, and yes it is! I get that games are meant to be enjoyed, but what do you think would be the outcome if players were allowed to leave games without any repercussions? For one, the moment anyone got a killstreak and the lobby emptied, they would never fill up again.The moment anyone started using a broken weapon, people would disappear, and the game would be a complete shambles.

RepublicSoldier

I don't think so and here is my reason for saying so. For those stat junkies every time they and their team are getting their butt kick they would have to think man I going to take a hit. So it come to bring up the rest of the team and actually team play or take the hit on the stat their pick.

Schoat333

I think having the stat would be cool, but it should still count as a loss.

xX--MattySW--Xx

There is an easy solution to all the quitting - why don't they just remove the 'leave game' option? The only way to leave would be to quit game, which would take time and would be a hassle.

I mean why is the optiin to leave even there anyway? just for rage quitting surely?

kurt24

After thinking about this for a day or so i came to realize that this stat would only be important to good players who play in full parties or clans.  This stat would not mean anything to a random(good player or not).  And this is the player that is the root of the problem.

How about every time someone leaves a game they take 10 deaths and a loss as a penalty.  Have it affect kd and you will see results.

This will surely cause an outrage.  LOL