5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2014 8:25 AM by BkfstWidow Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

PS3 freezing (COD Ghosts)

GRIML

Jesus... it only happens when I play COD "Ghosts" people, please stop saying that its the hardware that might be the problem, it's so annoying...

I ONLY play it with friends, never alone, usually up to 5 - 6 people and everbody's ps3 freezes AT THE VERY SAME TIME! Omg what a coincidence!

Octane and Strikezone are the worst! Yes, it tends to freeze only in certain maps!

I play COD since Cod4 man, we had other issues back there like hackers and lag, but this is new man. The game in general is not bad, but how come it can come out with a issue like that? Unnaceptable man, we pay money in order to play these games.

Hope it gets fixed soon, or people will eventually just migrate to other games, and there are some very promising and interesting games being released this year.

• Re: PS3 freezing (COD Ghosts)
    FuzzionTriQ

Same here! But this started a couple days ago, with me at least...

SavageHam

Hey FuzzionTriQ,

Just to verify, are you playing on the PS3 as well? have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and updates from your console? Do you have a disc copy or a digital copy? Did the issue start up after the most recent update?

Thanks,

^AJ

SavageHam

Hey GRIML,

I understand this can be frustrating, but we want be sure to cover all the bases when attempting to troubleshoot the issue. In this case, there is some possibility that they is a hard ware issue. When you installed the latest update, did you use a wired or wireless connection? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and utility file? Have you also tried your disc on another console or another disc on your console?

Thanks,
    ^AJ

GRIML

First of all I would like to apologize if I offended anyone with my previous post. But I wrote after freezing like 4 times, without even exaggerating, in a short period of time. To add info., game mode was always CoreDom and on the same maps, Octane and Strikezone. Fun fact, on strikezone right after the care package KEM, in between the destruction change of the map.

I entered in contact with a twitter Activision adm, he told me the exact same thing as you guys here, to delete the game save data and try again.

And so I did, played for exact 5 hours straight yesterday and no sign of the previous annoying freeze.

Of all the plp who play with me, I was the only one who actually deleted the game save data, but previously when the problem occurred, all of us would have the same freezing problem at the very same time, like I said above.

Now, was I the cause of my entire party member's console going through this total console freeze? Activision couldn't say for sure in one of yesterday's reply tweets.

Before I post the reply above I played for 4 days and had the same issue every single day. One day playing without it, that nuisance of restarting the system everytime it froze, I want to believe the problem is solved.

I was wrong, I apologize, in my specific case the problem was solved. Period.

If it starts again, I dont know, about to buy the ps4 anyways.

Hope it helps the people having the same issue, delete the game save data e install the latest patch again and give it a try.

BkfstWidow

Hey GRIML,

I'm glad to see that you were able to resolve the issue by deleting the save game data and re-installing. If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to start a new thread here in the support section of the forums and we will respond as soon as possible.

^MC