31 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 5:10 AM by USMC-NUT-KRACKER RSS

Never seen this tactic before...

Im_Old_School

Was playing KC on Prison Break the other night and ran across one of my teammates laying in the water at the base of the waterfall (behind the lumber yard) with a pistol out, facing the waterfall, just shooting at the water.  I stood there and watched him a second or two to see if I could figure out what the heck was going on.  I didn't have my headset on so I couldn't say anything to him so after I watched him empty the pistol into the river and reload I went over and fired off a few rounds in the water next to his head.  He literally stood up, looked at me, and then laid right back down and started shooting the water again.  It was the damndest thing.

Then I suddenly realized that every time this idiot racked off a shot he was showing up on the radar...and I was standing right there next to him!  So I tossed down a IED and ran.  I had no more gotten away from him when I heard the IED go off.  I went back a few minutes later and there he was again...right back at it.  I tossed down another IED and ran.  Moments later...BOOM!  For me it was like Moths to a flame.  I checked the leaderboard and saw where he was 0-10 so I had a thought that he might be helping a buddy of his on the other team boost but couldn't figure out how he would segregate himself to just being killed by his buddy.  I thought about reporting it but really didn't know how to make it reportable.  It would have been like trying report a UFO or Big Foot sighting.  He left the lobby after the game was over and went 0-22.  No doubt...

Just thought this was funny and worth a post.  I'm sure there have been funnier things happen to others, but I guess I was so intrigued by seeing this play out I really had no response.  If he was hacking it was absolutely the worst hack job EVER!

I really do like this game!!

• Re: Never seen this tactic before...
    zvers

That is pretty weird. Some people will do the stupidest things in this game. I bet the player on your team was in a clan with a player on the other team and they were simply making sure they got the win. You should of just sat in the bushes near by with a sniper or LMG. lol. Used him/her as bait!

gramthenOOb

Oh, I know what happened! He was probably a new player to the series that watched the trailer with the underwater footage from the campaign. He probably thought that all the enemies were underwater! You should take him on as your apprentice. Train him into the best COD player he can be! Haha!

I love posts like this. Sometimes, I think we all forget why we play COD, myself included. Stories like this bring it back down to earth and remind us that it's all about fun. (For him, fun is trying to play Cabella's pro bass challenge in a FPS game I guess, but who am I to judge?)

Great post. Made me laugh!

Im_Old_School

Oh here's another one.  A month or so back I had a guy on my team was the worst camper I had ever seen.  No, I'm serious...the absolute worst!

Now normally I don't give much thought to a guy, sitting in a corner, in a building just waiting for the world to come to him.  Even if he's on my team..don't care.  I'm generally too caught up in trying to keep my own ass from getting shot off to worry about whether or not this guy wants to spend his time watching the parade.  But this guy...oh no, this guy had raised camping to a new art form.

Every time I saw him in the match, instead of normal camping tactics this guy was STANDING in the corner, not sitting or laying...standing.  FACING the corner!  It was like he had spilt beer on the couch or something and been put in time out!  I didn't have time to worry about it at that moment but the second time I saw him like this I went over to him and kinda gave him a nudge and he just moved further into the corner. Never looked around, just tightened into the corner even more.

I thought for a second maybe he had gotten caught up in some sort of "You're in Time Out Now Mister" glitch or something  but then realized it was a different corner in a different building!  As nutty as I though it was, I figured he'd be dead soon enough so I went on my way.  I ran across him several more times in the match...just standing...in a corner.

I saw at the end of the match where he had gone 1-19 or something.  I immediately thought of Sheldon Cooper on the Big Bang Theory.  I figured the "1" was probably some poor bastard who was in his spot!! 

I enjoy playing this game greatly for many reasons if for no other than the never ending possibility to see this kind of wacky ****!

Good Stuff!!

toby_jugs

i had something really weird happen in a game not so long ago myself.

was playing tdm on flooded in a public game , and encountered some random guy upstairs near where the hole in the floor is and the walkway that goes to the carpark basement. i fired at him a couple of times and then realised my mag was empty and panicked, instead of shooting me dead on the spot he ran at me, i 5hit myself and scarpered round an obstacle.

he kept chase after me for at least 10 laps around the obstacle whilst i was frantically trying to reload and cancelling my own reload lol, and at no time did he try and knife me or fire.

eventually i managed to reload lol, stopped dead, turned and wasted him. at the time it really was quite funny.

god only knows what he was playing at.

USMC-NUT-KRACKER

Those are the retards that I wish I kick out of the lobby for just being stupid!

USMC-NUT-KRACKER

I was playing in clan wars with 4 other clan members, we came across this young kid (12 or so) who was a pleasure to play with. He was calling out opposing players and he was so excited while doing this. We were in whiteout, he says there are 3 guys on the ship, I said go get them, he said ok and off he went. Next thing he said was , I got 2 of them & the 3rd guy got me, I said go get him, next thing I heard was, I got him, I got him, and then I hear , what do you want me to do next? My clan and I friended him and he is free to join us anytime he is on! You should have heard how excited he was when he got a dog for the kill streak, we were laughing so hard!

Jullzwolf

Few days ago... I played a match on tdm. A random on my team was throwing ieds, standing over it and then he would shoot it and blow himself up. He did thus for the whole time. He ended with 0-127. I have no idea what he was doing... but I figured he thought if he kills himself, the enemy team got a point... which it doesn't work that way. There was a dude with a similar name on the enemy team. Or maybe he was just trying to enjoy jihad spirit.

milo-iq

On MW2 I used to sneak up on snipers/campers and lay a claymore beside them step back then shoot it, the  grief I got you'll never know especially when it was the final kill. Good fun though ! Also I remember being on terminal with some young uns and all they did was jump out of the windows along the corridor and spin shooting there sniper rifles it was like watching lemmings good target practice mind.

Wade_Rain

Sounds like a little kid was messing around. A while ago on MW3 I put down my controller and walked away. When I came back my 4 yr old nephew had my controller and he was running around in a circle shooting at the sky then the ground then the sky. I walked in right when some one said, "look at this idiot running around in a circle" but  my nephew got one kill so I guess his tactic worked a little.

Gerbera

Sometimes some people, for some reason, will just start "acting out" in some way, not caring at all about actually playing the game. Easiest Game Ever - YouTube

XD

Owsy78

Its not the same thing but I had a hilarious death by flying dog the other day... On flooded headed down mid map (by watery stuff) and a dog obviously jumped from the floor above but from my perspective it was like it flew sideways at me... last thing i saw was the belly of the dog then dead... I was like great it rains dogs in this game with teeth on their stomachs now..

Im_Old_School

Speaking of Dogs, I was playing on Whiteout and was hunkered down next to the water behind the helicopter when out of no where this guy jumps from off the hill and starts shooting at me.  I turned toward him just in time to see him, knees tucked in cannonball style,  go "pluke" right in the water.  But the best part was to see his Dog two seconds later make the same leap...right in behind him!  Splash two!!

It took me a second or two to process what I had just seen then I started laughing and thought that was either the most loyal or most idiotic Dog I had seen.  Either way I was definitely glad the Dog was dead...I really hate somebody else's Dog!

USMC-NUT-KRACKER

On MW3 at dome, I was playing with a full team, these 2 guys kept going and laying down in the grass next to the steps going down into the bunker, so we all would shoot them everytime we ran past there. When the match was over these 2 black guys said "man, we can even lay in the grass and smoke a blunt with out getting killed man"! We all busted out laughing! There were more colorful phases used that I cannot post in the forum that made it funnier!

Jmoney_02

The funny thing is, you can actually have a Bigfoot sighting on Prison Break.

xX_Dragonfire_Xx

i think that guy from your first post was trying to boost with his friend

partyhat

A while ago I was playing TDM and there was this kid playing, sounded like 5 years old. I don't know why me, but they started following me around, saved my butt a couple times and kept saying "I got your back, party hat!" It was the cutest thing.

And I got a good laugh yesterday. As soon as the count down to the start of the game ended, two teammates just started spinning in place beside each other. Around and around and around. I came across them again later and one of them was spinning in circles holding a satcom.

Im_Old_School

Just thought I would share my latest weekend sightings of the strange and unexplainable.  I played quite a few Squad matches this weekend and this being 2XP weekend there seemed to be a lot more of the beginning players (levels <10) playing Squads in both Regular mode and, believe it or not, Hardened modes.  No prestiges as there were no emblems.  In fact one guy said he had just gotten the game 3 days ago.  Now before I go any further let it be known, I have absolutely NO problems playing with people new to the game so don't let it be said I'm bashing new people and their playstyles here.  I'm just reporting what I saw.  Same if I saw a UFO or the LochNess Monster.

So here we go....it's kinda long winded but I want to paint as accurate a picture as possible so just stay with me.

Playing Blitz on Prison Break with a full group of such levels.  I round the corner from the waterfall going to the enemy portal in the Logging Camp and there stands 3 of my teamates in the middle of the enemy portal waiting for it to countdown.  There was a 4th teamate crouched against the truck waiting for the portal as well.  I figured he apparently thought 4 might be too crowded.  I had my headset on but had my mic muted.  I switched on my mic and said, "Just an FYI for you 3 guys standing in that portal, it's not gonna suck all 3 of you up at once, it's only gonna take one of you at a time.  Two of you better fall out and cover yourselves or you are all gonna get blasted all at once...even you that's crouched down by the truck".  They just stood there... I guess they didn't know what "FYI" meant.

So I started backtracking to my teams portal to see if I could slow down the pounding we were taking by the "Artificial" Intelligence.  I had no sooner gotten to the Concrete plant when I heard this massive eruption of gunfire and explosions from the enemy portal.  I looked up on the minimap just in time to see 3 bright green triangles magically dissapear from the portal and appear at our spawn point...then a 4th.  I still had my mic on so I just had to say, "Told ya so".  I then watched the minimap in amazment as all 4 of them ran, in a group, right back toward the portal.  I said, "Please don't tell me you are all 4 going to go right back over there at the same time."  One of them actually took heed to what I said and broke off but the other 3 went right back.  I saw one of the triangles dissapear when it reached the portal and then reapear at our portal ready to go again, but the other two triangles just stayed there.  A few seconds later...BOOM...BAM...BANG.  And just like that...BLOWED UP!!  About then it came up half-time.  The Artificial Intelligence Team was 8.  The Human Intelligence Team was...3.

I use the term "Human Intelligence" loosely in this story.

Then all 4 of them quit.  Yep just vamoosed...and didn't even say goodbye.  Made for a tough 2nd half for me and the fellow that stayed in the game with me as we got beat 16 to 7.  Did it bother me that a bunch of cartoon men powered by 1's and 0's had just slaughtered us?  I'd be lying if I said it didn't.   But it did give me a story to tell!

Oh, and just another FYI...it doesn't take 5 people to cap the closest flag from you at the start of Domination.  Two is plenty...Three at the most!!!

Seriously...I REALLY do like this game!

JDM_DB8_VoltageB

Exploiting! Report it every time you see it. What happens is that player probably tried to join his friends game and ended up being on the other team. So that player usually tries to help out his friends on the other team by exploiting your teams positions. If a player ever follows you on a map and continues to fire an un silenced weapon and tries to make sure he is always next you or your team mates that is called Exploiting and yes that person can be banned for it and you should always report those players as do i. They think its a joke and Activision cant do anything about it but i have called them on it and asked what that is called and they confirmed its Exploiting a way of cheating to help boost a friends stats or make you lose on purpose not caring about their own stats.

Im_Old_School

I could see where this could happen in MP but this was in Squads so I don't think there was a way one of their friends could join the AI Squad.  And if these guys WERE trying to help the AI squad better their K/D then mission accomplished!  Fortunately for me I'm not a big stats guy so it really didn't bother me that much.  Plus I would hesitate to report my team had just gotten owned by a Squad of "Artificial Intelligence" guys because they were exploiting.  IW would have thrown a party over that one!

fifty5delta

Ive seen all sorts of stupid stuff going on in the game like dudes shooting their buddies shields for points and the "wrong team" sandbaggers, but I had something happen the other day that had me and everyone watching laughing. I had the recon juggernaut on and ran across an enemy recon juggernaut! It was a COD sumo match! Nobody shot us! Just watched me and this other dude try to out dance the other guy! BTW, I lost the sumo. Still alot of good fun to be had out of this game!

bjosephd

I am still a noob (to COD, not FPS) so i do a bunch of stupid things. My favorite is unloading a clip, not killing anyone. stop halfway through a reload to scramble somewhere safe to come around a corner into more gun fire with nothing in my clip... re-itterates my gripe with not being able to hear what is going on immediately around you. but thats a different thread.

milo-iq

Come across a new one for me tonight. On stormfront joined halfway through and where you spawn at the top of the hill you got a set of steps leading up to the first room. I spawned near there and hid in the truck to get my bearings. In that room was a teammate so I headed off as I entered boom ied, I spawned down the bottom and noticed an enemy care package at the very same spot so I make my way up there by the time I'd got there a fire fight was in progress but not as you'd imagine. 2 mates were on opposite teams and using the CP as bait they'd placed ieds one over the other so as you approached you saw your team's emblem and thought it was safe Whether they were communicating using mobile phones or even in the same room on 2 separate systems I don't know but you couldn't get anywhere near them. New form of boosting?