5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2014 11:10 AM by ghamorra RSS

Would a CoD MMORPFPSG appeal to you?

ghamorra

The Elder Scrolls decided to give it a shot. Final Fantasy is even working on there's. Could Call of Duty work as a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing First Person Shooter Game appeal to you?

Obvious PvP matches would function as regular online games. The role playing part though would be how you earn the equipment and perks used in the online arena. Quest or missions would function just like the campaign except in this game you can group up into squads which consist of other players. Think Spec Ops from the Modern Warfare series.

It's just a fantasy right now but since there's three developers under Activision I think now would be the proper time to explore crazy ideas.

• Re: Would a CoD MMORPFPSG appeal to you?
    dtuchpunk

Really depends on how it's set up.

Not really into MMORPG's.

Will the MMORPG part be like somesort of co-op campaign. What kind of missions. Form,s of transport etc etc.

ghamorra

dtuchpunk wrote:

Really depends on how it's set up.

Not really into MMORPG's.

Will the MMORPG part be like somesort of co-op campaign. What kind of missions. Form,s of transport etc etc.

I've actually put a lot of thought into this.

CoD would have to abandon reality to make this. In the past they've been fairly true to what could happen. It's been sort of a "worst case scenario" type theme.

In the MMO players would be civilians fighting in a world without any type of government of control. You choose which alliance you're apart of; Freedom Fighters, Antagonist, or Patriots. Each faction has an ideal they're trying to push and establish as the one true ideal over the land.

You carry out missions to help your faction. These missions would be like sabotage, taking over outposts of rival factions, or stealing supplies. Mixed in will be PvP battles where two or all three sides faceoff. Winning these battles unlock weapon upgrades, armor, or equipment.

The world would be fairly massive, so after you complete a mission and you need to return to base you can toss a colored smoke grenade or drop a flare for extraction. When you go out to take on missions you can either by parachute, heli dropoff or enter by convoy.

nicedrewishfela

I don't see it working.

CoD is based on jump in jump out gameplay. Quick, fun. MMORPG's really require more of a quest-based theme.

Now... should someone try a military themed MMORPG? Could be cool. Develop your soldier in training, specialize through spec Ops training. Develop abilities like Sniping, Recon, etc... It could work.

They could slap the CoD name on it, but it would require a paradigm shift otherwise.

ghamorra

Bethesda isn't actually developing their MMO. It's another company with Bethesda financing and giving the development team the means of basing it off existing lore, characters, and such. This frees Bethesda up to make Elder Scrolls VI without being bogged down by a MMO that requires constant ongoing work.

I agree, though that this would be the opposite of what Activision has established with CoD, but as far as I know there's nothing like this and with CoDs smooth gameplay it could end up one of the most intense MMOs available. I think it's worth exploring.