3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 11:10 AM by boybad RSS

Drops per round

Davelo07

There has been a lot of speculation on this forum regarding how many drops you get per round so thought I'd run a test as the amount per round seems to vary for me from game to game. I will try this out on other maps and try to get some video evidence to support these figures (I tried to record but had problems with video). Nothing over 4 yet, but plenty of rounds had less than 4.

I ran the test from round 20 to round 50 on Die Rise. Training in one room, only leaving the drop if it was a nuke to ensure that I didn't miss any drops. When I am listing the drops per round, I will put LAN (Left a nuke) next to the number of drops if a nuke dropped and I didn't pick it up, but this nuke is included in the number of drops for that round. So, for example, 3 drops LAN is 3 drops, not 4. The nuke is already included in the number of drops.

DIE RISE

21   4 drops - LAN                                     31   4 drops                                                          41     2 drops - LAN

22   3 drops - LAN                                     32   4 drops - LAN                                                 42     4 drops - LAN

23   3 drops - LAN                                     33   Jumping Jacks                                                43    Jumping Jacks

24   1 drop   - LAN                                     34   4 drops - LAN                                                 44    4 drops - LAN

25   Jumping jacks                                    35   3 drops - LAN                                                  45    3 drops

26   2 drops                                              36   4 drops - LAN                                                  46    4 drops

27   2 drops - LAN                                     37   4 drops - LAN                                                  47   Jumping Jacks

28   2 drops                                              38   Jumping Jacks                                                 48   4 drops - LAN

29   Jumping Jacks                                    39  4 drops - LAN                                                   49   1 drop

30   4 drops - LAN                                     40   4 drops                                                           50    4 drops - LAN

4 is the most common number of drops, but not the only number you can get in a round. I'm not sure what round the rule of 4 is supposed to kick in, but I also have video evidence of round 22 Nuketown - no drops, and round 26 nuketown - 1 drop. Ignore the audio in the second video as there is delay (you can hear the fire sale jingle but if you watch the video it is clear that I only get a x2 that round).

• Re: Drops per round
    boybad

You should do a game where you dont pick anything up and record the outcome, also what drops you getting (2x,IK,MAX,Nuke) so we can see a pattern.

What i am really confused about is what happens when a drop drops at the end of the round and next round starts, and also when we have 2 of the same drop in one round. The formula seem to be dependent on points/kills ratio so it doesn't matter what you pick up but how much you pick up, yet it may reset in every new round.

Davelo07

boybad wrote:

You should do a game where you dont pick anything up and record the outcome, also what drops you getting (2x,IK,MAX,Nuke) so we can see a pattern.

That's the plan for the next one. My theatre mode was playing up so I no longer have this video, but I planned to go back and note down each drop. Leaving all drops would be interesting, but may be difficult. Even leaving nukes nearly downed me a few times in the later rounds!

boybad wrote:

What i am really confused about is what happens when a drop drops at the end of the round and next round starts

I've always been confused by that as well. And ending a round while a power up is still active. In the Die Rise game, if any drop was still active at the end of a round I would circle the last zombie until the power up was finished, just to keep as many things constant as possible. If the last z dropped one, I would just grab it as quickly as possible, and count it towards the round that the zombie was killed in.

boybad

Leaving all drops would be interesting, but may be difficult.

Yeah sure is, i was doing camping strategy in buddah room with AN and AK, topping it up at the end of the round then jump on a pole with sliqy to finish the round and to avoid picking anything up, also can be done on Buried with eggbeater, i dont think i have to explain that one lol, but i always stop paying attention to this between 30-40.

I would be very interested to see how often you got max.