4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2014 9:28 AM by Alky6 RSS

New Maps & Rotation?

Alky6

How long does it take for new maps to go into regular rotation? I got BO2 when it was released but I don't remember how that worked.

I don't like that they mix the game modes together in a separate Onslaught category from the regular rotation. 

• Re: New Maps & Rotation?
    cranium2001

I'm guessing about a month. They're still not on Xbox. Maybe now that Ps has them they will.

TheBeastlyDude

It might be the years of drug abuse, but I seem to remember on BO2 that the maps were in regular rotation right away and were more likely to pop up if you had a party of 6, all with the DLC. And then there was also a DLC playlist for those who wanted to stick to only the DLC.

I don't know why it is different on Ghosts nor understand why, on XBOX still, it is not in their regular rotation.

Personally, if I was Activision, I would have the maps in regular rotation right away and if a DLC map gets voted on, and that someone doesn't have the map, it finds a new lobby for that player/team.

cranium2001

I have to wonder if its the lower player count (I should have specified Xbox one) or what. There has to be a way to desperate the haves from the have nots. Its not like w@w where if you didn't have the map it kicked that person. Now bit even says dlc blah blah disabled. So and so doesn't have the map(s).

Alky6

I might be wrong but in BO2 I think they had the popular game modes in the DLC section but they were all Core. I play 99% HC and found that great in the Ghosts DLC section but I hate that they rotate the game modes. I don't like KC or S&D so I have to keep backing out of lobbies till I find TDM.

If Xbox hasn't put them in rotation till now, a month seems to be the answer.  I appreciate the input folks.