1 2 3 Previous Next 84 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2014 10:53 AM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

Freefall review

Padiego

Let's calm down and actually review the god damn map. I don't like it. Meh, too crowded...too small. I guess I just like big maps and gameplay that's not very fast paced. Maybe i'm just getting old, but that's my honest opinion. So what do you think of the map?

Sidenote, kudos Atreyu. I never saw this coming. Hopefully we get some more kool aid in the future.....that extinction map got boring the first week...would be nice to have more...

• 1. Re: Freefall review
    BobbyMcGee

good to see you around. ive always liked the larger maps, thats where my fondness of blops1 comes from. well that and a million other reasons lol. i could play stonehaven all day, even though i know people hate it. there are so many areas of that map i can play well on it with any weapon. i also like all the different flanking routes.

but i also really enjoy strikezone rockin the ak, mtar works really well for me on freefall, especially all the reload spots and cover to duck behind, great for the ghillie suit even though youd think it wouldnt blend in because everything looks very industrial.

i dont think anybody is allwowed to complain about freefall on the wiiu after all the dlc chants, doesnt a fairy die every time you do or something?

• 2. Re: Freefall review
    M4GNUM

I like the map because it's new and for what it means/could mean (eShop). Not a huge fan of it only because it's a campers paradise on hardcore. I'm also having trouble distinguishing the enemy by way of frame rate drops and/or color balance. Don't have that problem on other maps. So I have to slow down on it and lurk. It's a fun shotgun map though. I'm glad it's in the rotation.

• 3. Re: Freefall review
    WiimotesRus02

I played it once with bots, I share your opinion, except I don't mind fast paced maps, but nothing much to shout about, maybe that's why it was free on release for the other consoles, and now us. Yep, its nothing special and the novelty lasted as long as it took to download..

• 4. Re: Freefall review
    imAudi5000

I agree with some of these statements but overall i like it.

pros: new

opens the door to future dlc?

compact with lots of cover

dynamic

more variety to maps on ghosts

cons: coloring is too dark and blue

took forever to get

• 5. Re: Freefall review
    WiimotesRus02

Apart from the map, the lag comp/lag (matchmaking, to keep Bobby happy) BS just makes it all pointless. Its a gloss over of a really bad game and the connection problems many people have suffered since the launch of the WiiU. To make a desperate community like ours happy all they have to do is throw you a bone and munch munch munch, just listen to you all, how easy is it to please you..

• 6. Re: Freefall review
    King_Nero-Senior

I do not like the map.  After playing it a few times all i have ran into is campers.  It also for some reason (could just be me) seems like there is more lag on that map. The colors really screw with my eyes.  I do like what it could mean for the wii u as far as possible future dlc but i am not holding my breath.  I really do not see why they don't at least put up the micro transactions since that will not split the lobbies (i won't buy them but i do think it is unfair that we do not have the option). 

so to sum up I do not care for the map but like what it could possibly mean for us.

• 7. Re: Freefall review
    barA-ehT

Im a big fan of small/fast paced maps... I just love the killing fest...

As for this map, I've only played it once... I just got lost to be honest, didnt know where to go, didnt know where the enemy team members were shooting @ me, etc... it was a bit messy for me, although I had the final kill cam (threw a nade before getting killed) which was the only thing I could save from that match lol

The thing is, after years of people screaming "WE WANT MAPZ PACKZZZ" it finally arrived, thats a good thing.

Hope I can play some games with you señor Diego, you are not coming online pretty often...

• 8. Re: Freefall review
    uscoastgaurd

Do I like it? Yes, definitely my new favorite map. But there are some things that make me want to smash my gamepad every time i play it;

The Good: Fast Paced, First DLC

The Bad: FPS Drops

The Ugly: The Spawns

Overall, I'm satisfied with it. Thanks ATU

• 9. Re: Freefall review
    like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Apart from the map, the lag comp/lag (matchmaking, to keep Bobby happy) BS just makes it all pointless. Its a gloss over of a really bad game and the connection problems many people have suffered since the launch of the WiiU. To make a desperate community like ours happy all they have to do is throw you a bone and munch munch munch, just listen to you all, how easy is it to please you..

We don't have your issues.  You won't be pleased until your lag is fixed.  I just need a few bugs fixed (and I think they were, still waiting on more detailed patch note info) and when you throw a new map on top of that it makes me quite happy. 

1 2 3 Previous Next