27 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 1:07 AM by GaudiestFiveOne RSS

CALLING ALL EXPERTS!

Gypsy816

Our community is a great resource for all things Support, and we want to recognize your expert knowledge through a new Rewards Blog content feature! Send us your best Support related guides, game tips and tricks, completed FAQ about common Support questions from the Support Forums, and more. We’ll reward you with Activision Rewards Points, and the coveted Kudos Badge!

Send in your submissions to activisionrewards@activision.com. We’ll select the best ones and publish them here, on the Activision Rewards Blog, and in the official Activision Support Forums. What are you waiting for? Send us your stuff!

d20140130-001_CS_Forum_Badges_KUDOS.jpg

Feel free to post any questions here, in the official Support Forums, or find us on Twitter.

• Re: CALLING ALL EXPERTS!
    Monticlair

This might be interesting....

OUHATEME

Help me out here ,,, the kudos badge when I first read about it was to be given to those that are helpful throughout the support forums. Has that changed?  I can understand the giving points for something that may be well written and possibly used as something in the featured content. I don't understand unlocking any rewards badge since any badge can be concidered a reward would that include badges that are in the store ? Why not offer up some sort of badge for a well written FAQ which would be earned instead of offering any badge that wouldn't be properly earned ? Perhaps I am looking at this the wrong way and if so please enlighten me . I don't mind the game style points system for the forums but I would still try to help if it wasn't there the same way others have done for me, even if it wasn't there. I already know that I am not well written but I do get my points across. So maybe next time .

Gypsy816

OUHATEME wrote:

Help me out here ,,, the kudos badge when I first read about it was to be given to those that are helpful throughout the support forums. Has that changed?  I can understand the giving points for something that may be well written and possibly used as something in the featured content. I don't understand unlocking any rewards badge since any badge can be concidered a reward would that include badges that are in the store ? Why not offer up some sort of badge for a well written FAQ which would be earned instead of offering any badge that wouldn't be properly earned ? Perhaps I am looking at this the wrong way and if so please enlighten me . I don't mind the game style points system for the forums but I would still try to help if it wasn't there the same way others have done for me, even if it wasn't there. I already know that I am not well written but I do get my points across. So maybe next time .

Yep, the Kudos Badge is given out to helpful members, and if you're writing a guide or completing a FAQ, that's pretty helpful!

As far as a new Badge, that's in the works but until then, we're unlocking a Badge of the authors choice.

Don't concern yourself too much with how well-written you think you are. We edit content before it's put up on the Rewards Blog to make sure everything makes sense.

OUHATEME

Gypsy816 wrote:

OUHATEME wrote:

Yep, the Kudos Badge is given out to helpful members, and if you're writing a guide or completing a FAQ, that's pretty helpful!

As far as a new Badge, that's in the works but until then, we're unlocking a Badge of the authors choice.

Don't concern yourself too much with how well-written you think you are. We edit content before it's put up on the Rewards Blog to make sure everything makes sense.

Ok terning off spelchek.   

Gypsy816

maccabi wrote:

Awarding any badges  isnt something I agree with , and to be honest I dont really like this idea at all for numerous reasons. But if you are intent on pushing ahead with it surely making a new user group and putting people who do this in that would be a better reward. Call it expert or something ... Then at least forum users would know they are getting advice from someone with a good rep on here ...

Unlocking any Rewards Badge is what we're using until we have a new one to offer in addition to the Kudos Badge. Chosen content will be routed through the necessary people to make sure they can be considered "experts".

maccabi

Gypsy816 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Awarding any badges  isnt something I agree with , and to be honest I dont really like this idea at all for numerous reasons. But if you are intent on pushing ahead with it surely making a new user group and putting people who do this in that would be a better reward. Call it expert or something ... Then at least forum users would know they are getting advice from someone with a good rep on here ...

Unlocking any Rewards Badge is what we're using until we have a new one to offer in addition to the Kudos Badge. Chosen content will be routed through the necessary people to make sure they can be considered "experts".

then why not just award the kudos badge?

Sorry i'm really not seeing the point of allowing someone to unlock any badge they want , some of us grinded our butts off to get badges and now posting one article will give someone else that badge?  that's basically pay to win on the gamification or rather post to win. Nope .

In other news i replied to your message

maccabi

also maybe some coordination between people writing guides so they dont all write the best one? or suggest topics and chose the best guide?

im writing one on how to look pimp with spectrum camo

Gypsy816

Gotcha, I was having a brain fart. Yeah that's fine! And we'll go through any content and make sure people aren't submitting the same thing.

boricuaboy075

bawt the code card to play on line y dos it not work

FalconR6

But I don't have spectrum camo.   How am I supposed to look pimp without spectrum camo?

I WANT SPECTRUM CAMO, WHEN DO I WANT IT, NOW.

I WANT SPECTRUM CAMO, WHEN DO I WANT IT, NOW. (Otherwise I can't be pimped out like mac,)

maccabi

FalconR6 wrote:

But I don't have spectrum camo.   How am I supposed to look pimp without spectrum camo?

I WANT SPECTRUM CAMO, WHEN DO I WANT IT, NOW.

I WANT SPECTRUM CAMO, WHEN DO I WANT IT, NOW. (Otherwise I can't be pimped out like mac,)

see while lot are busily typing away on your own faqs and guides, I have homed straight into the core demographic *those with mac envy *

But seriously (ok maybe not)

Here is my guide for correctly setting up your home network and console..

1) RTFM

2) Finished

(i even spell checked it too)

JoseNina06

This is cool im interested

Alroysh

Fix the fact everyone is getting banned for nothing! this game is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhattie

I got Banned yesterday and tried to contact them to find out why, I do not Hack ever!!! and even report players that I think are. My game started locking up after applying the latest patch and then BOOM!! I get a message saying I have been permanently banned, Tech Chat support just refereed me to the code of conduct and then left the chat, real professional. I have even purchased the Season Pass and that is now no good.

Robert0444

Why does my Ghosts doesnt join any friends' invitations? 

ghamorra

I have an entire series called Ghamorra's Book of Tactics. It's roughly 10 threads all centered around various tactics in Ghosts and facts about Ghosts. I sent an email with a link to all of them.

Shortcake2008

I get lots of strange questions from friends. How do I get a certain patch on CoD Ghosts, can I include that kind of thing or should that remain a surprise? I mean, lots of people read the FAQ's and I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's fun. 

Gypsy816

UPDATE - In response to feedback, this program will only reward the Kudos Badge for chosen content.

Radder1971

this might be stupid question but what do you get from points on here ?

Gypsy816

We're still looking for articles so submit your idea today!