26 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2014 9:07 PM by hoboMurder101 RSS

What will replace your Zombies?

farmerguy95

now that BO2 has been out for a long while and the player #'s continue to slowly die down, we'll all eventually stop playing zombies (with the exception of a game here and there) So I was wondering, what are you guys going to play/do without zombies? gonna move to extinction? just play other games that arent survival? not play video games altogether?

personally, ive started going for trophies and im playing more multiplayer in TLoU.

• Re: What will replace your Zombies?
    boybad

I love co-op games so it has to be next for me, i will give a MGS a go shortly but the next co-op game has got my attention and probably any game my friends will jam together.

gonna move to extinction?

is that a joke?

morv151190

After zombies I will go back to playing sports instead of looking for another game to get into, after 3 years playing zombies with very little exercise other than work, my fitness is very bad at the moment.

farmerguy95

i wish I had that kind of self motivation! but at the same time, i love my video games!

Mr_Spaceman

Me personally, I never get tired of zombies...and never will. There's so much re-playability in this mode that i find it hard to get bored of it. Just trying to better your gameplay or high rounds and helping other players get better at the game! I don't get that much time to get on nowadays due to work commitments but when I do...I still love it with a passion.

Extinction is pretty good also if your into team survival games, doesn't come close to zombs, but it's still fun. All these people saying that it's easy...use a few relics to up the difficulty level.

LORD_GRRR

The only thing replacing my zombies will be more zombies replacing the ones I just killed. 

Nothing else even remotely looks interesting to me right now. 

matuzz

Well my zombies were replaced a long time ago. After the disappointing Black Ops 2 I have pretty much dropped completely playing zombies. I have only put 180 hours on Black Ops II zombies so far. Maybe by the next installment it will again feel fresh and I may enjoy it.

SparkleNova

Titanfall has been a nice distraction and is pretty awesome. I still play bo2 and occasionally bo1 Zombies, but what I am begging and praying for is a new survival/magical mode from raven. That's what I'm holding out for, the newa about waiting another year was pretty heartcrushing but considering ravens work in the past and their adamant hope to bring new life to cod I'm excited.

GulfCoastGirl

LORD_GRRR wrote:

The only thing replacing my zombies will be more zombies replacing the ones I just killed.

Nothing else even remotely looks interesting to me right now.

I'll be hanging out with this guy ^^^^^  killing zombies on a regular basis.   I love the challenge of making it further and the gratification I get watching those zombies die as I pump a sh*t ton of lead into them!    It just doesn't get old or boring.

I'm learning to play multi-player as well.... talk about humbling.... I'm just terrible!

Still holding out hope we will get a new zombies game soon..... if Activision doesn't want to do one, I can't imagine someone else won't.  The market seems pretty big (millions who play it).    If not, there are still all the BO1 maps that I need to learn.

maxslick

For me nothing will replace the Zombies fix. Sure I might play less but I still find that the blops2 disc is permanently in my ps3.

The zombies mode has really hit a chord with me so it will be interesting to see what is lined up for the next installment.

I think I would have to be extinct before I even contemplate revisiting Extinction. Yes I know that remark is impossible but just making a point.

theatriks

Between titles Minecraft is the closest I get to replacing Zombies, I suppose.

Zombies dies down between titles and, to a lesser degree, for a couple weeks before a map release, and during those times I revert back to achievement hunting for the most part.

I have played Extinction. In fact, it's the game mode that I've played the most on Ghosts. That's not saying very much though.

It's not terrible, but it's not zombies. It's a very different type of teamwork. It's not nearly as easy to carry people through Extinction, like you can alone in Zombies. The concept of needing competent teammates to survive is something Zombies players don't really have to deal with. Competent teammates in Zombies is more of a bonus than a requirement.

I am curious...excited?....excitedly curious as to what Sledgehammer could be bringing. We'll find out soon enough, I'm sure.

farmerguy95

im surprised a moderator was still on here. seems like they're the only ones showing this game any real attention

mister_z

GTA 5 online.. I am a huge Sons of Anarchy fan and I just joined a SOA crew on GTA online. I still can't wait for the next release of Zombies, but I need to keep myself entertained. Playing solo will only get you by for so long. So anyone wanna play some GTA hit me up.. PSN: guero_z1979

jefedemuchanina

More zombies! You can always go back and play the other installments in the series if black ops 2 tires you. No matter how far o get from black ops 1 i always seem to come back to it

Chronickells

So far zombies for me has died down I haven't played much due to public matches being very nooby now a days and it just gets boring when somebody quits so for now I have been gaming hard on Mass Effect 3 multiplayer I think you get better team players and the harder the matches are the more you have to work as a team which is why I put zombies down for now but will always go back when my friends are online.

So Mass Effect 3 is my fill in till next cod zombie is available.

maxslick

Actually I find lobbies with newbies more interesting. I find that if you help the newbie enough, they will tend to stick around.

I remember when I first started playing, no one was showing me stuff so yeah I can see why they would want to quit.

If you are lucky enough they turn into reliable teammates willing to work as an actual team.

xXMJIOLNIRXx

If Call of Duty: Black Ops III is created with the story including the return of Menendez, and he still has a drone army, maybe he attacked again but the effects of this put the world into a setting similar to Ghosts, destroyed cities, anarchy, poverty. Then for the Zombies idea, maybe instead of zombies have Drones that have different abilities, similar to Terminator 3: Rise of the machines e.g. Hunter Killer Carrier

hoboMurder101

I honestly didn't think anything could break the spell of zombies for me, but Extinction helped.  I know that there are a lot of members here on the forum that hate it, but I enjoy it.  It's something new, and I can see how they used some of our ideas on the forum into the new game (like different attachments give you different camo, yada yada).  It's most certainly not zombies, but it's fun for right now.

This past week I also bought the Yoshi edition Nintendo 3DS XL with Yoshi's New Island.  If you bought the DS and game, Pokemon X or Y came with it for free.  I bought a few other games like Wario Ware DIY and Mega Man ZX just for the heck of it so I would have a few different things to play.  It's the first Nintendo product I've owned since the Gamecube, and so far, I love it.  I haven't turned my PS3 on since lol

DeathBringer-Zen

farmerguy95 wrote:

What will replace your zombies?

Nothing... Ever!

Until they actually shut down the servers, I will continue to play zombies online, and when they do, I will continue to play it offline.

Zombie4Life