6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 6:17 AM by rideruk RSS

IMS's Need to be Sped Up

Stinky666

IMS's are fantastic, that is if they actually get the kill.

99% of the time, you or your team mates end up killing the enemies before your IMS hits the floor. Which means you end up wasting $1250. Something needs to be done. It needs to go faster when shot into the air.

I surely can't be the only one to think this. I'm not wanting it to be buffed or anything, simply sped up. Maybe make it so it only targets the larger Cryptids too, I hate it when it fires 2 shots at seekers. Especially since a seeker will be dead or will have blown itself up by the time the IMS has finally hit the ground.

• Re: IMS's Need to be Sped Up
    spiderkn0ws

im with u on that brozef. other day i played with noobs to get teeth, got +4 ims asap 75% of the time didnt get kill because was alrdy dead. maybe get an upgrade in next update to have it imediate reaction

rideruk

Definitely agree with this. Its the only thing that I dislike about it. I switch between IMS and sentries but when it comes to rhinos I find the only thing sentries are good for are bait to take the heat off you for 30 seconds,whereas the IMS is a beast for that final hit whilst you reload. Perhaps an upgrade that will fire the rounds in quick succession before they explode. An almost semi automatic IMS or something.

HonstersInc

Yes it would be nice if IMS was speeded up.

Another thought though, are IMS's more of a defensive device than attacking? Example, you leave one by the drill if you need to revive someone far away. Or you deploy one to protect your back whilst you're on your turret?

I find IMS's more effective if they are strategically placed away from the main action, but not too far. By the time aliens reach you, if still alive, they would be weakened considerably.

Stinky666

They usually are used as defensive, but then isn't everything? At least, sentry guns are.

Placing an IMS at the drill to protect it means, if a hunter is on the drill, it can easily get the health down by anything up to about 20 before the IMS hits the ground.

rideruk

I do agree its a defensive manoeuvre more than anything, as are sentries, mortar and vulture as lets be honest, most of these pop out when we get swarmed or to help clear a path to a downed team mate. The IMS in my opinion is definitely best used to guard your ass when on a turret of some sort but you can still take a lot of damage by the time those explosives hit.

ROXSTARUK

I've always thought this should be sped up a bit... but on the other hand (and like the poster above stated) it's more of a defense item. If the aliens are getting killed before the IMS gets them, maybe you didn't need the IMS?