7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2014 8:42 AM by GulfCoastGirl RSS

The spawns in KC are horrendous

BlueEyedAlien

Ive not been playing long, maybe 3 weeks, but the most infuriating thing, apart from not being able to play any core modes due to snipers, is the spawns in HC Kill confirmed. It happens soooooooooooo often where i`ll spawn on a guy whos just died and either get killed by bullets the killer had already fired at the other guy, or get sprayed down by the killer coming to collect his tag. Ive also been spawn killed so many times by player who clearly know where im going to spawn, and ive quite often joined games and been 0-4 or 0-5 after 15 secs without even raising my gun.

The games I can play are limited, as core is horrendous with tryhard quickscopers and it takes forever to kill a guy, and in HC tdm players dont move they just camp, and HC dom is always full of 6 man parties stamping on solo players, and im not good enough to plat SnD just yet, leaving me with KC. I love it as im very objective, but god the spawns are killing it for me

• Re: The spawns in KC are horrendous
    iH8boosters

I completely agree with you.. On some maps, you can literally see the person spawn back into the game.. Studio is bad about it.. There are 5 places on that map where it happens on a consistent basis.. Hijacked and Nuketown are pretty bad about it too.. I love playing Nuketown, but have mixed feelings about playing there on HC KC.. I can do really well at times, but at others I'm being instantly spawn killed by a guy looking right at me, or it will spawn me directly behind the garage wall behind the blue house and I'm shot through the wall.. I know that Nuketown is a small map, but it happens to me multiple times, every time I play there.. But, the spawns are set up for revenge.. I have learned that after I kill someone, I better start playing with eyes in the back of my head, because they will probably be running as fast as they can at me from somewhere.. What sucks about being thrown into matches, is when you get thrown into a game that's like 45-4 or 65-15 or some insanely out of hand score.. V-sat's up and high end streaks running.. Ridiculous.. I used to stay and try to ruin the other team's streaks and maybe make it somewhat close.. But now I just back right out.. I know that's probably not the "right thing" to do, but Oh well.. I play this game for fun.. It's not fun to be put in to a no win situation by a group of people who can watch you spawn and kill you before you can raise your gun..

BlueEyedAlien

Im noticing it more and more that there are groups of players, usually french, who just camp the spawns, and you dont have a chance, you just spawn and die.

Funny thing last night, I forget the map name, its up in the sky, like a complex thing, anyway, I died, respawned, and could see myself getting shot where id just been killed, and watched my body fall to the floor and shake around ~VeryWeird

The lag last night was incredible, I was going 26-4 in the day most games on average, last night it turned to me going 4-26, just crazy how much its about connection

GulfCoastGirl

iH8boosters wrote:

What sucks about being thrown into matches, is when you get thrown into a game that's like 45-4 or 65-15 or some insanely out of hand score.. V-sat's up and high end streaks running.. Ridiculous.. I used to stay and try to ruin the other team's streaks and maybe make it somewhat close.. But now I just back right out.. I know that's probably not the "right thing" to do, but Oh well.. I play this game for fun.. It's not fun to be put in to a no win situation by a group of people who can watch you spawn and kill you before you can raise your gun..

^^^^ This x 1000!    Unbelievable that they don't have a setting that you can choose if you want to spawn into games underway.  You almost always get thrown into a BAD losing situation because the team was getting stomped and surprise... they all left the game.  I'm sorry but it's not cool at all to just throw other people into these games so they can die 10 times in 20 seconds and have to take a loss.  WTF is that about?  If everyone quits, then let the other team record their win and return to lobby. 

I know there are some really good players who might enjoy the challenge of spawning in on losing games and turning it around... so it should be a setting choice.  I'm a noob... I'm not doing anyone any favors by spawning into their losing team so I'd rather wait for a fresh game to start and I don't care if that means I have to wait longer.  Honestly.... I do the same thing.  If I get dropped into a game where we are getting our as*es whooped... I back right out as well. 

Oh and don't get me started on matchmaking either!  Utterly unbelievable that by this point in the game's lifespan they haven't figured out how to match us more evenly with skill so us noobs aren't getting annihilated by people who've been playing for years.

iH8boosters

I've said the exact same thing.. Give me the option of joining that game, or waiting for a fresh lobby.. It is pointless to do that to people.. I also wish that there was a menu giving you the option of choosing what maps you DO NOT want to play.. We all have those maps that we just can't stand to play.. Give me the option of making it where I can't get put there.. Waiting longer is fine with me.. I just don't want to play some maps.. As to the matchmaking, it's a complete joke.. STILL.. Unless you have people just running around purposely acting dumb, you should almost never have a game where the final score is 75-15 in TDM, or 100-30 in KC, or 200-30 in Domination.. A game is meant to be fun.. How much fun is it to get beat that bad when the other team is made up of players who are head and shoulders better than you?? I do decent and can hold my own for the most part, but there are many, many people way better than me.. I enjoy a challenge, but a challenge and having zero chance are two different things.. Just my thoughts..

BlueEyedAlien

The lag is incredible at times, we are only talking fractions here, but you cant half notice when you have a bad connection to a host, the difference is 24-6 compared to 6-24, I pretty much lose every 1v1 no matter how much I outplay them

And these damm horrible players who use dsr snipers, and it takes them about 10 hits to get 1 on target, and you still die to them, even in close quarters

Ive also noticed a difference between this version and the wiiu version. Your line of sight is pretty much spot on on the wiiu, if you cant see them, they cant see you. But on the xbox version, I can clearly be stood behind say 1 of the tubes on Grind, get shot, and in the killcam im stood in the open like a right mong, but on my view I could only see the tube. Just crazy.

We`ll look back in years to come and think WTF where we doing playing this game

GulfCoastGirl

BlueEyedAlien wrote:

The lag is incredible at times,

on the xbox version, I can clearly be stood behind say 1 of the tubes on Grind, get shot, and in the killcam im stood in the open like a right mong, but on my view I could only see the tube. Just crazy.

We`ll look back in years to come and think WTF where we doing playing this game

Ahh yes.. my favorite is when I've unloaded half a mag into a player's chest before they've even raised their gun but they still manage to kill me and the kill cam shows they killed me before I even started firing.... just WTF?  I'm "noob bad" enough on my own.... I don't need the game helping me be worse!

GulfCoastGirl

iH8boosters wrote:

I also wish that there was a menu giving you the option of choosing what maps you DO NOT want to play.. We all have those maps that we just can't stand to play.. Give me the option of making it where I can't get put there.. Waiting longer is fine with me.. I just don't want to play some maps..

Agree again!  There are some maps I simply loathe and don't want to play ever!

I think the way the have it now is just the way it is to always have the maximum number of players in a match.  Well personally, I'd rather have a game with fewer players of somewhat equal skill level on a map that I don't hate than the BS way it is now... again, even if I have to wait a little longer in a  lobby for a match.