19 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2014 7:55 AM by iHattoriHanzo0 RSS

So, will be released for 360 after all.

nicedrewishfela

All reports thus far have been stating they are focusing on Next Gen Consoles and PC for this title.

But the presence of this Sub-Forum is a clear indication that the game will, in fact, be released on the 360 Platform.

My question to everyone is... do you think it will be worth getting? My concern is that the 360 version will be an afterthought, perhaps even farmed out to another developer like Titanfall was by ReSpawn (Though I did hear the other Dev did a good job with the port).

Do you think it will matter? How many are planning to upgrade before this game comes out.. or will this announcement allow you to save your money and avoid upgrading for at least another year?

• Re: So, will be released for 360 after all.
    iHattoriHanzo0

I was far from astonished with the quality improvements from making the transition with Ghosts. But then after time and returning back to the 360, I was amazed at the difference. The other games I've played like Thief and Titanfall really made the gaming experience much better than what I had grown accustom to with the 360.

If AW is being made for the the new gen like Titanfall, I would upgrade. The 360 is great and there is nothing wrong with it, but there is definitely a noticeable difference with the One. The only problem is the new car smell will ware off, but at least you know you're getting the best possible quality.

lewdmouth

Of course it will be on the 360. Just like ghosts, the game was created for the 360 and ported to the xbox one. The only difference being slightly better graphics on the one.

spartanMook117

I wish they just continued on ghosts or modern warfare. And i don't like that its futuristic.

Maddog93268

The game looks awesome I have already pre ordered for the one and when i did it was also available for 360 as well

Shadowelite555

Well, I dont plan on having a Xbox One until a couple years from now, so if im getting COD:AW, its going to be on the 360. Probably the only difference would be the graphics.

biron_w

This will be the first COD since COD4 that I haven't bought on the 360. I'm just getting it for my PS4.

matuzz

High Moon Studios is making the last gen ports.

KTPhoenix

I seriously dont think it is worth getting. I have not played COD in a few months because of the recycled material that has come about with this series now.

Let me break down why I think this game is not worth it.

We now have 3 developers making COD; IW, Treyarch and Sledgehammer. IW is in charge of making the modern/futuristic warfare games. Treyarch is in charge of making games that are NOT modern/futuristic. And now Sledgehammer is in charge of making whatever it is they are making.

I have 2 problems with this Advanced Warfare game. This first problem being that with just the trailer alone, it looks too much like Titanfall. You see soldiers hoping around with jetpack like uniforms and using weapons that are too futuristic.

The second problem I have is, why is Sledgehammer allowed to make this game that far into the future? Doesnt anyone remember the whole lawsuit that IW hit Treyarch with when Treyarch tried to make their game take place in 2024? IW claimed they solely owned the rights to make CODs based in the future. Yet Sledgehammer is getting a free pass to do that? Something doesnt sound right here. Why prevent Treyarch from making games in the future but allow Sledgehammer to get away with it. I dont care if Sledgehammer helped IW make Ghosts (abomination that was), they are now their own separate entity when it comes to making COD so they should not be allowed to make that kind of game in terms of legal standing.

These games are starting to get too futuristic. Pretty soon we are going to have a COD version of Halo with the way things are playing out. They can only milk the series for so long before not only do things get repetitive and recycled (looking at you MW3 and Ghosts), but also when the games start looking like a different game franchise like Halo and Titanfall.

I honestly do NOT expect this game to do well. I understand that millions of people will buy the game to start but the problem there is that they are only buying it because its "Call of Duty". They are only buying it because of the name. Then they will run into the same boring recycled issues they have had in the past 3 years and then the forum will inevitably light up with people complaining how this new COD is the "worst COD to date" (and dont act like they wont because everyone here knows this happens every year with every COD) and its not going to change.

In all, I really dont think this game is worth getting at all. They are only trying to compete with Titanfall since Respawn is a rival due to who the president and ceo are (west and zampella, the ones Activision fired). Not only that but there is only so much you can milk out of a series before even your fan base says "you had a good run but that run should have ended 5 years ago, enough is enough, you are just embarrassing yourself now."

COD should have quit while they were at the top. But they didnt. Now they are releasing nothing but crap and the same issues they refuse to address.

metacod

Not sure if view whoring or stupid. It was going to come to 360 no matter what. Activision wouldn't pass up that last gen dollar.

AMMO_MAGNET

nicedrewishfela wrote:

All reports thus far have been stating they are focusing on Next Gen Consoles and PC for this title.

But the presence of this Sub-Forum is a clear indication that the game will, in fact, be released on the 360 Platform.

My question to everyone is... do you think it will be worth getting? My concern is that the 360 version will be an afterthought, perhaps even farmed out to another developer like Titanfall was by ReSpawn (Though I did hear the other Dev did a good job with the port).

Do you think it will matter? How many are planning to upgrade before this game comes out.. or will this announcement allow you to save your money and avoid upgrading for at least another year?

I do not think the game will be worth the jump to next gen. I own an xbox 1 and it just collects dust. I wish they would make the game exclusively for xbox1 that way they can focus on maximizing that systems potential.

If I had no system right now and someone said i could choose a system for free i would choose an xbox 360.

WilliamCL57

There is NO WAY they would not make it for last gen. I imagine Cod 2015 will be as well. Would you like to know why?

Install Base..   Much greater on last gen than next gen still and will be for awhile.

Over 100k online the 360 for ghosts, less than 30k during peak times on the Xbox One. (anyone on 360 want to tell me the count at this moment?)

KTPhoenix

It would most likely be for all systems. Activision is such a money hungry company that they would not pass up the opportunity to put it on all platforms.

I know there is a huge push to try to get more people on the next gen consoles but when you look at it, those consoles are not really anything special. I have both an XB1 and XB360. I can tell you that they are both practically the same with only a few differences. No major differences that would effect gameplay or experience.

Titanfall at first only wanted to be released on the XB1 but then they figured to release it for both XB1 and XB360, that in turn made them more money. Mainly because a lot of people dont even see the point in buying the next gen console. I only bought the XB1 because they kept pushing Titanfall back and i didnt feel like waiting 6 weeks after the XB1 release and a full month AFTER the original date it was SUPPOSED TO BE released.

But when I did get the system, i can tell you, it is really nothing special. Just a different interface and enhanced graphics.....thats it.

I would say to only get it for the 360. Titanfall made a great point in saying that if you wanted to upgrade your game from 360 to 1 then you would just have to pay $10 to do so. But since this is Activision we are talking about, they would most likely make you pay full price considering how greedy they are.

As for me, im going through gamefly with this game. I stand by my original statement thinking this game is not worth it. I would rather spend $16 a month to play 1 game at a time than have to pay the full $60 for a game that I may only play for a little bit and miss the full refund timeline.