30 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2014 11:10 AM by BAZTUD RSS

Will you be getting a season pass?

rankismet

This may be the first COD I do not purchase a hardened edition... (granted they have yet to announce one but let's presume they will)... Ghosts jaded the experience.

... unless...

... SH clearly states the map DLC will be in the rotation DAY ONE of the drop.

I still hope they change their business model by shifting to map DLC being free and mandatory and expanding the MDLC options...

... but I'm presuming status quo with this question.

• Re: Will you be getting a season pass?
    nicedrewishfela

I just don't know. Will have to see how the MP is first and how they are going to implement the SP this year.

Hoping they ONLY sell the SP and stop selling the DLC piece meal... The DLC shouldn't fragment the community, but bring it together.

iHattoriHanzo0

I most likely will, especially if achievements are included. Thats just me. I have issues when it comes to games. I like to master them and experience all that there is to be experienced, such as maps. No matter when they are released, although I'ld like them in rotation as soon as possible. Thats still is more of an issue of the amount of maps from launch and getting tired of them.

Then again, what is the benefit? 5 bucks? Free skin?            We'll see....

dflannagan10

Absolutely. For someone like myself that plays predominately Call of Duty MP, I see great value in the Season Pass.

highlandsparky

I vowed never to buy DLC after Blops 2...I shall continue to uphold that.

FalconR6

I got the hardened edition for Ghosts. Happy with it's value. However, because I have the map packs, and being on the X1 downunder, I am already experiencing poor matchmaking. It got to a stage last night where playing in core dom, peeps were actively saying "don't anyone leave" whilst in lobby. There was literally one lobby playable, Anytime someone left the pre-match lobby there were groans. Worst thing is - Ghosts is not even half way through its cycle.

Having said that, there will be of course a higher population on the X1 for Advanced Warfare. Regardless, I hope that Sledgehammer and ATVI shake up the way map packs are delivered.

rankismet

FalconR6 wrote:

I got the hardened edition for Ghosts. Happy with it's value. However, because I have the map packs, and being on the X1 downunder, I am already experiencing poor matchmaking. It got to a stage last night where playing in core dom, peeps were actively saying "don't anyone leave" whilst in lobby. There was literally one lobby playable, Anytime someone left the pre-match lobby there were groans. Worst thing is - Ghosts is not even half way through its cycle.

Having said that, there will be of course a higher population on the X1 for Advanced Warfare. Regardless, I hope that Sledgehammer and ATVI shake up the way map packs are delivered.

Yeah... the fracturing of playlists because of new consoles and how they integrated the DLC is my biggest issue. If they hadn't included new weapons... this would have been a waste of money to me.

Reserving judgement on AW... there is zero intel on MP right now.

tracy

I too normally invest in the hardened edition of the game, but have been burnt by both Black Ops 2 and Ghosts giving away the pre-order bonus a month or two after general release. I know the main aim is to help with matchmaking but would it have hurt them to offer something else to those who committed to buying the game when it was first announced, even if was just a code for one of the new camo's to sort of apologise to people.

Also as many people have already mentioned in threads on the Ghosts forum, now the maps are in regular rotation you either take ages to find a game or sometimes don't even see the new maps. So as it stands at the moment I will probably not be buying the season pass straight away, it would have to be an epic deal to convince to purchase, otherwise I will just wait until there is some sort of offer on for it.

vims1990

Depends on what additional content they will be adding to the game.

Can't say I've been fond of the COD season pass content. I skipped on the season pass for COD Ghosts and glad I did considering I only lasted 2 months on the game.

If it was me, the additional micro-DLC content should be included in the season pass. Sure it could be just additional camo and character customization options but I think it'll add more value to the season pass.

FalconR6

I hear you on the mdlc. But, let me take it from a different tack.

If mdlc was free for Season Pass holders, then monies would have to be generated from somewhere else. For example, if you included mdlc in the SP, then it would make sense that the cost of the SP would increase.

As it stands I have no issue with the mdlc, as 95% of it does not affect gameplay.

However, I note that I just got hold of the extra slot pack - the 5%. Well, in my opinion it has made my job easier. Having 10 slots gives me extra variance in my loadouts which I can use at various states of a match. For instance, It is easier for me to have a start off class that does not have anti killstreak properties - meaning I can have a perk that is more suited to starting off a match. Another example, I now have two LMG classes, one of which is traditional for me - an anti-air class, but now I also have a more attacking variation.  No doubt in my mind that having the extra slots is beneficial to game play ,,, and thus should not be a purchased item.

devildogj

I was so disappointed with Ghosts, it was the 1st time I didn't buy the pass so AV will have to prove it's worth the money this time around. I agree with Vims I am not a fan of how CoD does it and with the price of the DLC those that do buy should get access to all DLC

alexjt22

Not a chance.

The business model needs to change: The player base on the new consoles is not large enough yet to sustain multiple fractions of the community.

14 Stock maps does not keep peoples interest for more than a few months as COD gameplay is not fresh anymore so before they even release a map pack people have moved on to a different game because they are bored and most will not pay to have the pleasure of getting more maps just to keep the game fresh they will just move on completely from the game and some will never come back which is evident from what we are seeing in regards to sales of the game and it will only get worse unless they change things.

In my eyes they have 3 options:

• They release maps for free and expand the MDLC like you said.
    • They release the game with a mandatory online pass which is included with new copies of the game which gives you free maps but charge $5 - $10 extra for the game to begin with which will give them around the same amount of profit than they would get from having a fraction of the community buy season passes and DLC and they won't have to advertise DLC either which costs them tens of millions.
    • They only release the season pass for DLC and not sell individual DLC so you either have all DLC or none only splitting the player base into two but that doesn't solve the issue with more and more people getting bored and moving on from the game quicker and quicker with every release.
    Izjar11

Not sure yet,

Wiktorjor2001

Defenietly getting. COD G was my first season pass and i'm happy i did bought it.

newm8n

I will be buying the hardened edition if they release one, due to it being the best bang for my buck.  When I download the map packs will depend on a few things,

• Hardcore game modes
    • dlc modes
    • time of regular rotation
    • xbox one population
    ChestSplittah

I don't see it in the realm of possibility for me. I have 2 days played on Ghosts w/ Hardened Edition. Black Ops 2 broke the dlc streak. I had bought every map pack beginning with CoD4s.

philp18

sure i will get the season pass.

i am waiting for the link to pre-order hardened edition , no news about it?

gotsomestars

Absolutely not. I may not even buy the game. I already own titanfall why buy its clone? And more importantly I and thousands of others have been unable to play for 2 weeks due to OOM 12, and not only is it not fixed(somewhat understandable) , there is absolutely ZERO communication from the horrid "CS". I'd give my right index finger for the old staff back. At least they tried to help when they could. TL;DR I REALLY dislike how they treat customers.

biron_w

I haven't bought a season pass yet. I don't know if I will for this game as it depends what it's like.

The problem I've had with the past 2 CODs is that they've been brilliant for the first couple of months and then after the new year they seem to go downhill. If that happens with this I won'y buy the season pass.

kalph

probably not. ghost killed season pass for me. waste of money and time on that game. if it wasnt for extinction and the achievements I never would have even bought the game. a serious let down IMO.

thats coming from a die hard CoD fan... having played ALL games in the series. I refuse to play multiplayer on ghosts. with that said, I hope this game learns from the mistakes of ghosts

TheDarkOne123

Yea I have decided not to get it the game is garbage and only getting worse.

PUR4IDO

After the ghosts debacle, I'm not getting the hardened edition and I'm not going to pre-order. The MP needs to blow me away. I hope mp sticks to the classic cod, not some halo/titanfall type of mp. I don't want to jump 10 feet in the air, walk around cloaked. You get the point.

alexjt22

I agree and the more I hear about this game the less it appeals to me just today this was info was released which if translates to MP then I very much doubt I will be playing the game for any extended period of time:

In the new GameInformer Magazine issue, they talked a little more about what abilities players will have: boost-dodge towards cover, perform super-jumps to elevated positions, climb buildings with magnetic gloves, cloak themselves with optic camouflage, and hover in mid-air.

biron_w

I actually want to do those sort of things. COD MP has been getting stale for a while and needs some new things. Titanfall has shown that increased player movement adds an element of fun to the game.

Raketti

No. I had the Elite Premium subscription for MW3 which was basically the same than having a season pass, and i felt disappointed that they gave further discounts for the DLC etc., and also didn't like it when the Elite subscription was supposed to be extended by a month due to launch problems but it never was even after contacting ATVI support several times. I won't pay for additional content that's related to this franchise in advance anymore after that.

And there's a more important reason why i probably won't be getting any DLC, especially in advance, and that's the connectivity. Matchmaking in a smaller DLC player pool always offers me a lesser connection quality, and if that particular title is having issues with the connection to begin with having any might render the game pretty much unplayable. I used to get all the DLC, got only one map pack for BO2 because i wanted to get the Peacekeeper and ended up deleting it, and haven't bought any for Ghosts although i like the game a lot, but it's just not worth it if it means the chances of playing on a bad connection are increased.

BAZTUD

If I do not buy the game, then why would I need a season pass?

Keep your Halo OUT of my CoD!!!

If you need me, I will be playing WaW.

rankismet

BAZTUD wrote:

If I do not buy the game, then why would I need a season pass?

Keep your Halo OUT of my CoD!!!

If you need me, I will be playing WaW.

See you November 2016.

BAZTUD

2016? What about 2015? Are they pulling this Halo crap two years in a row? That would kill off all the true CoD fans. Is making the game attractive to kids all they want? Isn't it rated M for mature? Please make a CoD game for the CoD players. If they want to play Halo let them. CoD fans hate Halo. That is why people make fun of Halo hoppers.  KEEP your Halo OUT of my CoD!

rankismet

BAZTUD wrote:

2016? What about 2015? Are they pulling this Halo crap two years in a row? That would kill off all the true CoD fans. Is making the game attractive to kids all they want? Isn't it rated M for mature? Please make a CoD game for the CoD players. If they want to play Halo let them. CoD fans hate Halo. That is why people make fun of Halo hoppers.  KEEP your Halo OUT of my CoD!

You stated what you are doing... and that you aren't buying the season pass because you aren't buying the game.

What do you want... a cookie?

Zombie-Hell-Fire

I always end up getting it anyway, so yes.