6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2014 4:01 PM by degenerategoat RSS

Can't run MW3 on Mac

TJHJB

I purchased MW3 through steam, have been playing it for a while on windows (which is installed on a macbook pro). On Mac OS (same macbook), in store page (steam app) I click on "Play now" button but there is a pop-up error "... is not available on your current platform". The same outcome when I right-click and choose "install game". And yea, it doesn't appear on Mac library as well.

Open to any suggestions! Thanks a lot!

• Activision Support

Hello,

MW3 is not compatible with Mac OS. Although you have it installed on a separate partition of your harddrive on the Window OS, you won't be able to run the game using Mac OS.

Thanks,

^AJ

• Re: Can't run MW3 on Mac
      TJHJB

Hi AJ, thanks for your reply. I suggest you should take a look on Steam store page and community hub of MW3 to know that MW3 indeed is compatible with Mac OS and so far there are people have successfully installed and played the game. The problem is that only ones who purchased it fresh on Mac OS can install and play the game, not the ones who purchased it on PC, which was before the game come to Mac OS.

As my understanding this might not be 100% Activision issue, maybe it has something to do with Steam, but since Steam support page guided me here, so I will be much happy for your help, thank you!

degenerategoat

if I were to Re-purchase MW3 on my mac, would it work?

bafoed

+1, same problem here.

degenerategoat

Same issue here. Installed it about a year ago on windows via bootcamp... now i try to play on my mac and it is giving me that same error. Is there any way to download it for mac without buying it again?