13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2014 5:08 AM by ghamorra RSS

GTA5 next gen

xoMrSLAVEox

Anyone heard or read about what new things there is going to be in gta5 on next generation consoles?

1. Animals and hunting online

2. New missions and easter eggs online

3. New cars and guns and new led light under car tuning online

4. New music from radio online

Theese are what i have heard about gta5

• Re: GTA5 next gen
    Shadowelite555

These things are nice, I just wish they get the Heists out for Online though.

iHattoriHanzo0

Does this mean that these new features won't be on the older consoles? Although I enjoy GTA5 and am looking forward to storyline dlc with achievements, I'm not going to dish out another $60 just for to play multi on the new consoles.

Nothing against anyone that will. Obviously there are players that enjoy a GTA title for years. Or at least until the next one comes out.

Carvalho16

After them lying about the game 'not coming to next gen'' and their biggest online selling point; heists still not being in the game despite being a fundamental part of their original advertising I personally do not see why anyone would pay full price for the 'next gen' version a 2nd time.

illstplaya2live

Yeah I heard about the same things. But right now they need to add some things for gta online on the ps3 and xb360. They need to add more clothes mostly t shirts and hats and sneakers. They also need to add some music dlc. About 5 songs for each station would be great.

They also need to add more missions from Martin or Lamar or someone like that. They keep adding races or deathmatches but no missions. They also need to add heists. But before they add heists those other things need to be added.

Shadowelite555

I agree with the music, 5 songs per station is a good number. Also fit the genre of the station, I felt like the rock station was rather lacking in well, rock.

xoMrSLAVEox

I never play deathmatches on gta, yes much more missions and other stuff. I have done everything online except tdm and capture, theres nothing to explore or to do anymore, boring game theese days. Maybe on next gen bcoz theres wild life added, on 360 its like after nuclear war, no wild life except few birds...

cranium2001

I'm late to the party again. When are they releasing it? How exciting is this? I'm psyched.

ghamorra

I would like to officially state the below is my opinion so take that into consideration.

GTA is the most overrated game in the history of gaming. The stories are generic, the expansiveness of the open world is pointless and solely exists for bragging rights (much like Skyrim), and the overall feel of the game is not all that great. The only thing GTA should be able to brag about is incorporating so much into the game such as planes, cars, side missions, and various other activities. But even that should be taken lightly because so many games are able to do this now.

GTA should not even have gotten a 9/10. It's not nearly as great as it's made out to be and it's living off of it's past success. GTA cost 500 million to make and it took 8 years to make. That, to me, further lower my excitement.

DocChoi

You make some valid points. There is a certain mystique about the GTA games vs other sandbox games. Ever since GTA III the franchise has been hyped to a considerable degree and for good reason too. Those games were amazingly fun. I would say they probably peaked at San Andreas and from that point on things just don't seem as great.

I would say I was more hyped up about GTA V than IV due to the fact that I was expecting something like GTA San Andreas. Given that fact they had many years and endless resources to develop GTA V, there are aspects that were done well and not so well. Free roam was done particularly well in this edition as they managed to make it a pretty seamless transition switching between the three main characters. The maps are very well detailed for the most part is pretty big overall. Only wish they didn't make the large majority barren desert as city roaming is a lot more fun. Online was a gong show when it first came out since it didn't even work properly for the first month. I would hope Rockstar would be more lenient with the bad sport rules as blowing up other players' property is seen as unsportsmanlike (in a GTA?!).

I'm actually excited about it being released on next gen as hopefully the game itself will be well polished and the actual finished product rather than what they released last year. Definitely not a 9/10 when it first came out, perhaps it will be a 9-10 game when its polished for the next gen consoles.

iHattoriHanzo0

I respect your opinion. From other replies I've read of yours, I get a sense you have a broad perspective of gaming in general. I really only play a handful of games besides CoD, but I find GTA to stand alone among them. I like Rockstar in general. LA Noir and Red Dead Redemption also hold great memories in the world they create.

I wasn't overly impressed with the single player story of GTA5 compared to GTA4 years earlier. Except for the 3 character you can play between like DocChoi brought up.The Online is wear GTA5 really expanded and organized. An amazing difference from what GTA4 offered.

The one thing GTA5 has compared to my other games is amazing personality and a sick sense of humor.

ghamorra

I can't really by the "expansive open world" argument. Yes it's impressive but anymore it's a gimme. Watch Dogs, Skyrim, Dark Souls are just a few of the huge open world games that are out there. Metal Gear Solid V will be 5x larger than any other Metal Gear Game and it too will be open world. Destiny is mind blowingly massive. Arkham Knight will be crazy big too. It seems that large worlds are now default.

The thing about GTA V that I don't understand is it's obsession with criminal behavior. It hasn't evolved from that since it's inception. I would have expected Rockstar to recognize the tradition of criminal behavior and expand from that, set if off to the side and be like "you can still enjoy the nostalgia but we have more to offer". Instead, I feel like it's the same game every year just prettier. They bank so hard on something that you can go back and do in any other game.

I will say this though. GTA has the best driving mechanics of any non-driving game. Then again, it is called Grand Theft Auto.

Crinkzkull08

On a side note, I still can't believe they haven't released DLCs for single player. Which is kind of a bummer since I don't usually play online. Trevor is totally (insane) awesome...