17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2014 11:19 AM by Raketti RSS

AW pre-order

gambit1969

If you pre-order AW from the PSN Store do you still get the bonus content for Ghosts??

Gypsy816

SavageHam

BkfstWidow

OGHuxtable

• Re: AW pre-order
    PUR4IDO

gambit1969 wrote:

If you pre-order AW from the PSN Store do you still get the bonus content for Ghosts??

Gypsy816

SavageHam

BkfstWidow

OGHuxtable

I hope you're not buying the game digitally.

gambit1969

Why, whats the problem with digital versions

PUR4IDO

gambit1969 wrote:

Why, whats the problem with digital versions

It's the same price as the physical version.

gambit1969

No the digital version from the PSN Store is cheaper

PUR4IDO

gambit1969 wrote:

No the digital version from the PSN Store is cheaper

It's $59.99 on the PSN store

$59.96 on Amazon

$59.99 at Gamestop.

How is the PSN version cheaper? Maybe I don't know my math.

gambit1969

PSN version 69.99 euro

Gamestop version 74.99 euro

Raketti

This depends on the region you live in, here the digital version is more expensive, while others get it cheaper than the disc copy.

I think i'll get the digital version even if it is more expensive for me because i usually end up playing the MP for several hundreds of hours, and it wouldn't be the first time if the laser dies out on my console. Happened to me on PS2, PS3, and chances are it will happen on the PS4 too unless i only buy digital copies.

gambit1969

I think i will be going digital this time to, as you said less stressfull on the hardware

PUR4IDO

gambit1969 wrote:

I think i will be going digital this time to, as you said less stressfull on the hardware

How is it less stressful on the hardware? It's running of the HDD on the current gen consoles. The disc  (DRM) lets you play the game of the HDD..

People shouldn't buy digital until the prices go down across the board. Even if the happens, people will end up paying more. Once the ISP's see that people are constantly dl 30-50 gigs of data on their network, they can easily add more caps.

At the moment, I am not capped, but from what I understand data caps in my area will be coming sooner than later.

Raketti

PUR4IDO wrote:

gambit1969 wrote:

How is it less stressful on the hardware? It's running of the HDD on the current gen consoles. The disc  (DRM) lets you play the game of the HDD.

You are right about this, i didn't know all games autoinstall to the HDD on the PS4 until i looked it up after reading your post. So in terms of increasing the life expectancy of your HW the digital copy offers nothing.

PUR4IDO wrote:

People shouldn't buy digital until the prices go down across the board. Even if the happens, people will end up paying more. Once the ISP's see that people are constantly dl 30-50 gigs of data on their network, they can easily add more caps.

At the moment, I am not capped, but from what I understand data caps in my area will be coming sooner than later.

I think i read somewhere that it's a conscious business decision not to sell the digital copies cheaper, because that would inevitably kill off all retail business for games and the manufactures don't want to piss of the retailers.

I'm probably still going to go for the digital copy even if it does not offer me any potential extra HW life, i think it's more handy load each game without having to change the disc and there's also no risk of ever losing your or damaging your game when it's not a phsical copy.

We also don't have any data transfer quotas in my where i live. None of our ISP's use them in any level of service when it comes to fixed connections. Only some basic 3G/4G data packages have quotas here and you can get those with unlimited transfer amounts with less than 10€ per month. It's just another regional thing.

Izjar11

gambit1969 wrote:

Gypsy816

SavageHam

BkfstWidow

OGHuxtable

I would presume you do, as its the same content. I read through this but couldn't not find your answer:

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-P re-Order-FAQ/

Raketti

A bit off-topic: Yesterday we were playing and discussing the pre-order prices here in Europe and in the US, i checked the rates and unfortunately you got it the wrong way around, the game is actually much more expensive here. We have to pay 69,95€ on the PSN store, which is 95,22$, and the game retails for 59$ (which is 43,33€) in the US. I cannot check this, but if the game is available on the US PSN store for 59$, there's a pretty big price difference of 26,62€ (or 36,23$) for a digital product.

I remember some people complaining about the prices with the past titles and some reasoned that there are transportation costs for disc copies from the US to Europe which is also not true since the PAL version of the games were made by Sony DADC in Austria. I'm not sure if this is the case with the PS4 discs as well.

Can someone tell me what the sales tax percentage is in the US for PS4 games, because that might be one explanation, and how much does the game cost in the US PSN store ? I'm probably going to buy the game anyway and it is not anymore cheaper or more expensive than any other new game here so i'm not complaining, but it would be nice to know if the difference is all taxes or do they simply charge us more because they can.