17 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2014 5:01 AM by Kanooke RSS

What keeps you going???

balele123

Hello everyone, I have a question for you.

What keeps you guys motivated to play extinction? Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love extinction but the thing is, I already am max prestige with only 81 escapes (I say only because I know there are some of you with over a thousand) and right now I'm only playing awakening because for some reason I always fail one challenge and I want my completionist trophy witch is the only one I'm missing.

When there is a new map and more prestiges I play non stop, also for the trophies but once I have all of that I dont have any motivation what so ever and I'm wondering how do you guys do it???

I appreciate any feedback on this matter.

• Re: What keeps you going???
    WolfyG17

The escapes are what keep me playing. When i'm done collecting trophies, I aim to escape as many times as I can. I like seeing my escape count go higher and higher. It's also my way of relaxing at the end of the day.

bobbyowens

For me it's just fun. Almost half my games have been on my local account so all those stats and scores arn't counted and I couldn't care less. When I play it gets my mind off of things and keeps me completely entertained.

Shadowstrike002

leaderboards it's nice knowing 5 million plus people get to see me being 1st on PoC

spudchucker22

What keeps me going is that it doesn't matter how often I play there is always something that I feel I can improve, ie.beating my highest scores, completed maps with increasing relics etc. but I keep playing extinction because I love it!!!!

Carvalho16

This is where I feel Zombies wins on the re-playability front.

I think Extinction could really benefit from a full blown 50 waves ala Gears of War 2. Obviously as a separate mode though. I had to laugh at the 'hardcore chaos Extinction' or whatever it's called, which gets on average about 14 players. I mean seriously? That's a worse attempt than Black Ops II's Turned mode and that was god awful.

Infinity Ward would do well just ripping off other games and just going mad with Extinction. Full blown 50 waves, upgradeable traps along with your classes e.t.c. Difficulty spike every 10 waves. Separate mode. I mean it can't be a worse alternative to the Hardcore mode which should be removed from the playlists immediately.

bobbyowens

I really like the fact there's an ending and I feel it's just as replayable as zombies. Don't get me wrong, I love zombies but it was really easy for me and I would usually just quit around level 40 or 50 because I don't have time for a 4 hour game let alone weeks on end for record breaking games in the 150+ rounds. Extinction is a little more unpredictable where in zombies I would literally find the fastest strategy and run the exact same patterns to fly through rounds. It was fun but something about the variable hive locations, spawns, and challenges keeps it fresh for me.

Chaos mode is actually pretty fun when you want to play for 10 minutes or so but it's not my favorite by any means.

Carvalho16

I personally never found anything in Extinction as fun as a game of Black Ops I Zombies on the map Ascension with PHD Flopper and Pack a Punched M72 Laws and the Mustang and Sally as backup. You literally just blow up everything in sight which is absolute carnage from the 20s onwards.

'Looping' did ruin zombies somewhat if that's all you did in every game. But if you try and play with different methods such as camping or what I did above you can have a real blast.

Zombies needed it's own campaign in which you play through 'x' waves just like you do in Extinction so you learn more about the story and the characters, but also keeping the regular Survival as an alternative. I personally think the weapon customisation in Extinction is severely lacking compared to Zombies. The guns are simple boring by comparison. For example the starting machine pistol is just as useful as the majority of purchasable unoptimised guns in Extinction. But in Zombies even the useless pistol had various uses. You could point whore with it and if you wanted to pack a punch you had to keep it equipped into the double figure rounds. Even the useless launchers like the China Lake became fun with PHD Flopper and a PaP upgrade.

But obviously I cannot be too harsh on extinction since it is a first attempt and a pretty good one. It's a shame the negative perception of the multiplayer effected people who may never try Extinction because it deserves more players than it gets.

bobbyowens

Ya man. Ascension was an awesome map. I used to run trains at the lander site near phd in the early rounds buying grenades and throwing them off the wall over and over. Insane fun! My first games of zombies ever were camping strategies in nacht der untoten. Once I learned how to train I really started having fun. My favorite rounds were always the setup round, say 1-15, because I wouldn't train. I didn't need too. But once I'd get to round 45 or so, mustang and sally and ray guns would be relatively weak and I need a t-gun or run a trap strategy.  And then there's recycling t-guns........ughhhh

I like the idea of a stand alone zombies game with a campaign. I know mob of the dead and origins had endings but I HATED doing easter eggs to do them . I pretty much made an ending for myself. I'd just set a goal round and quit once I hit it.

See, I like that all guns are useful in extinction through the entire game. You get to a point in zombies where only wonder weapons and traps are viable. You're right about camping and using odd guns to have fun but I'm the kind of guy that refuses to get overrun. As soon as rounds start getting higher and I can't stand my ground, I'm going to train. You have to train to survive in zombies. Getting shotgun from the box on round 30 is trash. On extinction, I'll run a shotgun the entire game and it's putting aliens down left and right.

Here's the thing about zombies maps, they have to be tight and claustrophobic feeling. A big open map would be so easy. Tranzit was semi open but the fog kept it tight. Same with origins but they used mud to make you move slow instead. Extinction sort of fixes a few problems zombies had. Most zombies players, especially high score or round players, stay on 1 or 2 parts of the map for most of the game. With the spread out hives and having to protect a drill, you'll utilize the entire map on extinction whether you like it or not.

I only buy cod titles for these co-op modes sans mw survival. That says a lot for the developer teams for zombies and extinction.

xoMrSLAVEox

Every match is different so i enjoy extinction

AngryBus97

The leaderboards for me.

I got my first world record solo since Awakening came out, and since then it gave me the motivation to keep playing for better scores and to keep improving.

When I just want some fun, I just go into pubs and play with randoms. I don't care about my score in co-op, I find it a bit neither-neither. Really depends on your team, and in Oz not many play for score, actually, probably only me and a few others. So instead I play with randoms and the Extinction community in Australasia I can say I'm proud to be a part of...we have some very fun and nice players.

Good thread to make by the way...

balele123

Great commentaries, one thing I learned from this is have FUN above all!!!

Can't wait for the next dlc.

Stinky666

Even with the same 4 people, with the same loadouts, no 2 games will be the same. I huge part of it is due to the challenges, but another is which cryptids spawn and when - or at least on Mayday (some times you will get lots of Phantoms, other times seeders, etc).

Kanooke

It's a fun game if you have a good team.

But I'm too busy with work to play right now, so when I do get back at it, everything should seem new again.