23 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 4:43 PM by natas2057 RSS

New Idea - Advantages given, for the losing team.

thebiindsniper

You know all about deathstreaks, and how they give the dying player a slight advantage, when things aren't going their way.  What if they made something new, that gives the entire team an advantage, when they're losing by a significant margin.

I call this idea, "Team Advantage".

Examples:

Domination - the losing team's capture speed is faster. 

Capture the Flag - Losing team's flag carriers cannot be detected; Enemy flag carrier detection enhanced.

Demolition - Plant & Defuse times are faster

(Please Note - when the losing team starts to catch up, to where the point difference isn't as significant, the enhancements go away).

Now, I didn't think of ideas, regarding Deathmatch advantages.  But in my opinion, I don't think there needs to be any for those gametypes.  If you have other ideas, or simply hate the entire topic in general, leave a reply! 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior
  • New Idea - Advantages given, for the losing team.

all bad ideas why should they get more help for being crap they get enough as it is with deathstreaks

rankismet

Sniper... while I get where you are coming from... and I'm all for balance...

... as in equal opportunity to win...

... but I would rather they take their lumps and learn from it than be given an advantage because they aren't.

• Re: New Idea - Advantages given, for the losing team.

How much help do bad players need? Rewarding players for not doing well (deathstreaks) was a bad idea to begin with, expanding the rewards is an epically bad idea.

I never had any help when I joined this community in 2006, why are all the noobs getting it now? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MAKING PEOPLE GET BETTER??

thebiindsniper

colonelboston wrote:

How much help do bad players need? Rewarding players for not doing well (deathstreaks) was a bad idea to begin with, expanding the rewards is an epically bad idea.

I never had any help when I joined this community in 2006, why are all the noobs getting it now? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MAKING PEOPLE GET BETTER??

Because IW believes in a game, where all can play and have fun.  They don't want a Call of Duty experience, where only the advanced players are welcome.  They want something, that incorporates advantages given to the newbies, so that they have a less harder time while playing the game.  More people playing the game = more money for Activi$ion.

And I honestly think the "Team Advantage" idea would be great, because it presents a better challenge, and keeps everything fresh and exciting.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

IW doesn't want that at all, Activision does because they only care about their bottom line. Sorry homie, but your idea is so bad, I guarantee it would ruin cod to the point of it losing a shitton of customers. Why would anyone want to play a game where crappy players are constantly getting rewarded for playing crappy & crappy teams are getting rewarded for losing -- look at that last sentence another way:

By rewarding bad players/teams for playing poorly, you're PUNISHING GOOD PLAYERS/TEAMS FOR PLAYING WELL. You must be one of these softies that think schools w/o grades & soccer games w/o scores are a good idea... Yeah, we need less of that, not more.

Like I said, if you don't possess the ability to improve, go play the Hannah Montana game. What do I know, right? The majority of the community is incensed at the thought that deathstreaks are returning, I'm sure they'd imbrace your idea. Luckily, your idea will never evolve beyond this thread.

@thebiindsniper

I agree 100%. My interpretation of "Deathstreaks" was that it was IW's way of minimizing spawn trapping/devastation of losing team. It's like when you are playing a racing game and you fall behind the AI for whatever reason and you manage to catch back up because of the option that is turned on called "Catch up" or whatever name they have for it. IW is using a very similar system to help the less skilled players get a fighting chance instead of just getting destroyed by spawn trapping (it will happen eventually) or get destroyed by a more tactical/experienced team. Not everyone will agree on "Deathstreaks" but I also understand on why IW created "Deathstreaks" so that the less skilled players have a fighting chance which will also minimize people leaving during mid-game like they did a lot in Blops because there was no way of coming back.

vims1990

I can see where you're coming from but to me, giving team advantages or deathstreaks will not encourage newer players to the COD franchise get better or improve on their gameplay.

I do what I can to assist new players by inviting them in parties and give them tips to become a better player because I was once that player no one wanted on their team. This is going back to the COD1 PC days.

But on COD1, were there deathstreaks when I died 4 times in a row in TDM or Deathmatch, and did capturing the HQ point go faster if my team were losing by a larger margin?

If IW wanted to help players get better, they should have added in tip videos or they could have improved on what 3arc did with combat training. Play against AI bots for a couple of hours then get into a public match. IW should have taken it one step further by implementing AI Bots to play in objective game modes.

But, they took the easy step and placed deathstreaks to frustrate the better players rather than implementing combat training for new players. I still play combat training to this day. When I jump on Black Ops, I go and play against Hardened/Veteran bots to improve on my aim and playstyle.

New players can still have fun but there are alternative solutions to make sure a new player is welcome to the franchise than by giving them crutches when they're on a bad streak.

Understandly, Activision don't want to lose their casual or new players but it shouldn't be affecting the hardcore fanbase.

Just an FYI here, but there will be instruction/tip videos in MW3 via Elite.... And as fun as Combat Training was, it wasn't all that great at helping people improve in ranked matches because the Bots acted nothing like real players & there were no objective gametypes.

vims1990

I think you misinterpreted my post.

What I said was that IW can FURTHER improve on combat training by improving the AI to get them to play objective gametypes.

It's not impossible. If you played "Brink" you were playing AI bots who were smart enough to do things such as plant/defuse bombs, repair turrets etc. It is possible in a COD game. Just use some of the AI from Single Player/Survival Mode and implement them into the combat training arena.

Treyarch started something great for the newcomers to the franchise and hope they improve on it for their next COD game.

No need for deathstreaks, just giving the new players some experience to playing a COD game.

I have a few mates of mine (who have never played COD before) who come over to play Combat Training. They love it, it's something for the newcomers to not get abused for being "noob" by the hardcore COD gamers.

Maybe some of the hardcore gamers don't understand this but for casuals, combat training was wicked fun.

Lol no, this is retarded.

brandaman

This is possibly the worst idea I've ever heard.

It could work, as long as it stays restricted to the gamemodes you mentioned. Faster/higher points for captures in HQ would be completely off...

I could see your concerns, it seems like teamed up parties really overpower others in some matches, which im hoping for a mercenary playlist, not moshpit.  Its kinda a good idea, but at the same time, maybe not.  I was really hoping things would be more gun on gun with killstreaks simplified, but instead, it seems they focused too much on em

Whats the point? If you or your team is loosing well you are loosing just like in real life there is no andventages given to loosing sights lol..

STOP REWARDING THE MEDIOCRE AND THE BAD

If they die they learn to die less, if you reward them then where's the insentive to stay alive, the whole point of an aggresive game such as this is to stay alive and kill the other team, not be given the chance to show how bad you are by dropping into last stand, activating marty or painkiller, seriously if your doing bad you should be punished with a longer rspawn time, but if you conistantly play bad then you should get an advisory notice stating "YOUR BAD, GET BETTER"

Or here's an idea a Starcraft II style ranking system to make sure noobs play with noobs, average play with average and pro's play with pro's.

Um, no.  I was disappointed that Death Streaks were still in the game, but that was uplifted by the fact that they are at least fairly balanced looking.  But giving an entire team a bonus because they're losing a game?  No, just no.

All your "Team Advantage" idea does is encourage people to NOT play as a team.

dastealth

I see where you are coming from and understand the point you are trying to make. I think the concept is very good but the core elements when implemented into COD gameplay would fail and make the game worse off. However in saying that all you people who say deathstreaks are bad because they reward the "bad players" think about all the good players who are getting rewarded through Killstreaks to get themselves more kills. You are all complaining about someone who has died 4 - 6  times in order to get their deathstreak. In the mean while you are getting your choppers and dogs, etc... Lets think for a second whats unfair here. You raining fire on someone with a chopper gunner when they are spawning. There is a saying that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Deathstreaks are like that opposite reaction, its not a reward like a Killstreak is, its more of a dig me up from the grave boost. I guarantee that most of you will use a deathstreak at least once in your MW3 gaming and if you get a kill while using it you will be a hypocrite.