40 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2011 2:43 PM by iSJx RSS

WHY THE SILENCE, DEVS?

{bhc}max|co

what the hell is going on at iw/sh, why are we pc gamers being treated like S**T ?, AGAIN, i thot lessons were learned with the mw2 fiasco, yet here

we are, a month away from release, and were still not getting ALL the answers...

now a group of modders/mappers/gamers hyave issued 402 with a list of mw3 pc specific questions,

402's response" i dont have those answers yet, " why the hell not?

i was as excited about this game as much as i was with mw2, but im getting that deja vu feeling, same ol same ol,

why the hell are no devs answering questions on here?

looks like yuo have a bombshell to drop on the pc community..

for instance.. we were told by 402 ,servers will be like cod4, why then is he quoted as saying in swedish interview that servers on mp will be geared to 2-18 players? or is that for consoles, either way, the lack of information coming to pc gamers is pathetic..

i run a cod4 clan for last 3x years, if this game isnt upto cod4 server wise, thats it for me, im done with iw/activision/treyarch/sledghammer..

YOU ARE TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS HERE LIKE CRAP ON YOUR FEET....

full interview http://www.mappersunited.com/forum/index.php?threads/r-bowling-g-schofield-inter view.1784/

• WHY THE F*****G SILENCE, DEVS?

If you're this angry pre-launch, maybe you just skip the game altogether. Not for nothing, but if I felt like I was getting raked over the coals as a 360 gamer, I just wouldn't buy MW3. Just saying..

shoudn't take more than a minute to answer all our questions... I don't want to buy bf3 because of origin, but if IW try to **** us over I might just buy bf3 instead and give it away or something. (yeah I could really do that because of all the free money I get from the state just for going to school, norway ftw lol... inb4 childish ect.)

damze

Thank god for 18 max players! Then it will at least be more balanced than the **** we had in CoD4 with 50+ player servers. MW2 on PC was not a fiasco it was a great PC title, it ran well IWNet worked and you played the game how it was meant to be played not some shitty 50+ player server with a strict set of rules. Dude get real If MW3 is anything like MW2 with more balance it will be a win. Stick to your overrated 64 player games which were balanced for max 18 players and we will enjoy MW2/MW3 in all its unmodded glory. Just because we are PC gamers doesn't give us the god damn right to mod and do whatever we want with a given game. That **** worked before but today you should be happy that they are giving us free server files and not a monopolized POS we had in lag Ops with GameServers.com

mw2 pc, good... how exactly?

• Re: WHY THE F*****G SILENCE, DEVS?
        damze

Are you for real or just trolling? The game is a blast on every platform, I played today and it was a blast as always, with no lag or anything, and yes it is still one of the most played MP games on STEAM so don't come here and say that it blows since you are obviously a minority.

takes years to get into a game, killstreaks everywhere, often a bad connection, most hackerfilled game I've tried, forced 65fov so you can't see s**t, perks like marathon commando, ect. it's mediocre at best.

damze

For you, but you are not the center of the universe so don't take your opinion as an actual fact.

some people might enjoy those 50+ slot servers ya know. in cod4 you had the freedom to play on small or big servers, custom or stock, while in mw2 you didn't.

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

damze wrote:

Just because we are PC gamers doesn't give us the god damn right to mod and do whatever we want with a given game

I payed $1200 to build a top of the line system because of the freedom gaming on the PC allows. I've bought every CoD up to WaW because of the freedom PC gaming allows. I'm spending that kind of money so I can have the god damn right. If you want to play a game where you don't have any god damn rights stick with MW2. Don't water down the experience for real PC gamers

• Re: WHY THE SILENCE, DEVS?

damze wrote:

Are you for real or just trolling? The game is a blast on every platform, I played today and it was a blast as always, with no lag or anything, and yes it is still one of the most played MP games on STEAM so don't come here and say that it blows since you are obviously a minority.

You should not take your opinion as if it is Gospel truth. You don't speak for the entire community and you shouldn't suppose that you do.

Fact of the matter is, depending on your location, IWNet will either be "ok" experience or a nightmare one. People in places like Australia or North America, where the sheer size of their geographical regions meant that they were match-made with other people hundreds of miles away from each other, put their pings (if they could see them) in the hundreds. Which meant they died a lot. That is not fun. So, just because you are lucky enough to live on a small continent like Europe or the UK/Ireland, where your personal experience may have been ok, don't be so selfish that you don't give a thought to the poor bastards who live on large continents where matchmaking is always a nightmare experience.

Most PC players DON'T want to play on a Peer2Peer network system. This has been shown to be the case not only with MW2 but other games as well. Whenever a Peer2Peer system is used for a PC game, there is a community uproar. This proves that the majority of players want dedicated servers. I don't care what small criticism you throw at dedicated servers, ultimately the system is the best that has been invented in order to play games. Testament to that fact is that they put dedicated servers in Black Ops, and PC people loved it. Now, they caved in and put dedicated servers back into the modern warfare series.

poison_pawn

damze this is a PC coversation please take you rage to the console page thank you

[pde]paulkersey

Who told you to play at those servers? This is why things get ruined by people like you. Do you know that the number 32, even 50 includes 18 players? Why does it have to be 18 max? Thousands of servers and you choose servers you don't like?

Learn to use a server browser and find those 6 player servers you want. We like choice. We like the ability to scale our servers from 2 to 32. If not, stay with matchmaking and don't worry about servers.

Oh, and we should be happy? By suffering or by keeping our money in our pockets? Learn how servers work before making such an immature comment.

Like [EW]TheO'ReilyFactor said, stick with MW2.

mralpharogue

Patience is a virtue, young one.

Patience - Some Things Are Worth To Wait

The console community hasn't had ALL of their questions answered either. Your answers will come in due time. Waiting won't kill you.

It's not about the waiting.

Does Fourzerotwo do the same as he did 2 years ago ?

claireclaws wrote:

It's not about the waiting.

Does Fourzerotwo do the same as he did 2 years ago ?

Actually, Bowling himself has never used the phrase "COD4-style", or "COD4-like". That was 1 time by Dan Amrich (OneofSwords):

http://oneofswords.com/2011/08/mw3-supports-dedicated-servers-on-pc/

No actual developer from either Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, or the Elite project (Project Beachhead) has ever used that phrase or one like it. These are the actual official announcements for MW3 dedicated servers:

http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/statuses/103858062640693248

http://twitter.com/#!/GlenSchofield/statuses/103839507169804289

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-17-modern-warfare-3-gets-dedicated-ser vers

Furthermore, even when Amrich himself used the phrase, it must not be taken out of context: never did he intend to give the impression that MW3 on PC will be "COD4-style" or "COD4-like" as a whole. It is only the way the dedicated server files work that is "COD4-style" or "COD4-like". It is illegitimate to take that phrase and try to make it look like they are trying to give the impression everything will be like it was with COD4. Lots of people around the community are doing this, and it is stirring things up, and people are now starting arguments about it when in fact it was never said.

Having said all that, there are some very important questions we PC guys need answering, and I would say at the very top of the agenda has to be this one:

------------------

If PC dedicated servers are unranked, how do we get at the weapons? Will there be progressive ranking across all unranked dedicated servers? Or will everything be unlocked on day 1? Please don't tell us there wont be any unlocks on unranked dedicated servers, as that would force us to go play matchmaking in order to unlock our weapons.

------------------

The answer to that ONE question will either be a deal breaker or not.

You forget SH Michael Condrey and Erik Strickland.  (MC blog)

Statement ES : " For users who want  deep customization and control on PC we’re also supporting  free-to-download, free-to-run dedicated servers on launch day.  Using  familiar tools, admins can download and run servers on their own  hardware, customizing access, game rules and map rotation to their  liking.

In short, we are bringing back the features of Call of Duty 4's dedicated servers that the community has requested, and we hope everyone will be excited by the outcome "

Now tell me... why didn't Fourzerotwo speak about the PC Version during his EU tour and on Twitter ?

He even refused to tweet about PC CoD Elite/ Premium. He just answers that he does not know...

Not telling is the same as lying;  when people believe this game has features that are not there; you must tell them the truth.

And that is why Fourzerotwo is accused of doing the same as he did 2 years ago.

claireclaws wrote:

You forget SH Michael Condrey and Erik Strickland.  (MC blog)

Statement ES : " For users who want  deep customization and control on PC we’re also supporting  free-to-download, free-to-run dedicated servers on launch day.  Using  familiar tools, admins can download and run servers on their own  hardware, customizing access, game rules and map rotation to their  liking.

In short, we are bringing back the features of Call of Duty 4's dedicated servers that the community has requested, and we hope everyone will be excited by the outcome "

Now tell me... why didn't Fourzerotwo speak about the PC Version during his EU tour and on Twitter ?

He even refused to tweet about PC CoD Elite/ Premium. He just answers that he does not know...

Not telling is the same as lying;  when people believe this game has features that are not there; you must tell them the truth.

And that is why Fourzerotwo is accused of doing the same as he did 2 years ago.

Ok, so that is 2 people who speak about MW3 dedicated servers as being "COD4-like". But my main point stands - other than in the context of speaking about dedicated servers being free and that anyone can run one anywhere, the term "COD4-like" or COD4-style" has NOT been used to describe any other MW3 feature.

And it is simply bonkers to say that not to say something is the same as lying. That makes all people who don't know about something guilty of the crime of lying. Elite Premium membership has not been confirmed for PC yet. That is why Bowling didn't speak about it during his European tour. Hence, he wasn't lying about it - he simply doesn't know because not everything has been confirmed yet.

{bhc}max|co

damze , soz m8, but GIVE US ALL A BREAK...

PC GAMERS WANT WHAT WE HAD ON COD4 / WAW

RANKED PUBLIC SERVERS...

now we WERE told servers would be back to/ like/ ******* simillar or whatever word is ,, to be what we had on cod4, to me that means servers ranked/unranked 32 slot easily acheivable,

NOW were told servers will be 2-18 slot... thing is WERE NOT SURE COZ INFO ISNT DEFINATE YET...coz the DEVS leave more questions than answers with each interview they give... were a month away and STILL PC Gamers are as much in the dark as we were prior to codxp last month

It is annoying whan someone like you comes on and tries to shoot down other peoples valid points...

to me you sound like an xbox freek and mabe thats the platform for you,, but US PC Guys KNOW WHAT WE WANT!!

@ Dante obviously you havent read everything thats been tweeted to and from 402, i have been hanging on his every word on twitter and interviews for past 3x months orso,

i'm getting bloody annoyed that some things like servers are now seemed to be backtracked, tell me this.. how many 18 slot cod4 servers have you played in? me? none.. i run 32 slot mod server and 32 slot ranked pub servers.. this IS what cod4 is about, and to me when 402 says were going back to cod4 type servers , this is what we should get.. NOT 18 slot crap like on BO.

The whole pc community is looking closley to what happens next, coz to me, servers will be nothing like cod4 if they are unranked 18 slot.

and maybe iw have more dastardly surprises for pc gamers, why else all this secrecy and nondisclosure of pc info..?

{BHCMax @ www.bhc-rangers.com

Erik Strickland is the Principal Engineer for the PC MP MW3 !

As 402 is just that incredible fast speaker with a great memory, and can repeat a list of things again, and again, and again...

Fourzerotwo does know all; he travels with Glen Schofield and must have some daily contact with HQ.

But this never interferes with what he must say; he is the Creative Strategist !

And don't forget it's now only 1 month till release day...

402 says things like (on ranked or unranked servers) : " That's something that hasn't been decided yet. It's something that we're working out." And this was on September 27th !

www.mapmodnews.com

poison_pawn

At the risk of sounding like capt. obvious maybe he just didn't know?

People, it's a game. No doubt in my mind the majority of the PC community will love the game.

ah it's just a game. so what.

if IW won't give us what we want it's about time someone else make a game that feels like cod, except being better. (not thinking about something like the 1000 cod-wannabe **** games)

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

veetee wrote:

People, it's a game. No doubt in my mind the majority of the PC community who have only played since cod4 and aren't in a clan or have any idea the true capabilities of PC gaming will love the game.

*fixed. Not trying to make you sound stupid because MW3 will have great gameplay and gameplay related features. But the fact that they are limiting our platform for no good reason is where people get torn up.

Also at least for unranked dedicated servers, I don't see how we couldn't have up to 64 players or at least 32 out of the box. I just don't see why they would give us public server files so we can host our own servers and then restrict sv_playerslots or what ever the command is, I forget since I rent my server from a GSP and they probably wouldn't be happy if I changed that command But if the servers are unranked, why would the devs give a damn what the limit is set to anyways?

I've been playing CoD since 2005. (vCoD). I personally love the limits, although I can understand some love the 64 player aspect.

What I think would work best, in my eyes, is setting the cap rather high, not 64 by anymeans but a comfortable 32.

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

The player limit isn't something I'm concerned with I think that for ranked servers if they want to blacklist the slot command thats fine. I just wan't  to be able to set the scorelimits and timelimits as well as maprotation and still be able to get all my weapons. I'm just trying to say that ranked dedicated servers with options need to be in this game. Even Black Ops servers are better than nothing. Matchmaking sucks by itself

Matchmaking doesn't usually hinder gameplay, but with the wide range of PC players, and smaller amount, it can pose  a problem I suppose. I play on 360's as well, and never have a problem finding a game with a good "ping" to the host player.

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

On Xbox all the hardware is the same, so most players only experience lag do to host or their own conncetion. Matchmaking also limits custom content in Mods and Custom Maps as well. Other than that, 100 kill TDMs are to short, 4 rounds are not enough per map for SD, the whole round system with black ops and MW2 is wierd for CTF. Let us change our map rotations and game rules. If we cant change those then we might as well have matchmaking only

Cool down bro. Its not Activision and Infinity Ward's fault.But I don't like that COD:MW2 is with Steam program by Valve(Can't fix its Multiplayer). And COD:MW3 must not have Steam.

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

XGhost161 wrote:

Cool down bro. Its not Activision and Infinity Ward's fault.But I don't like that COD:MW2 is with Steam program by Valve(Can't fix its Multiplayer). And COD:MW3 must not have Steam.

Actually its completely Activision's and IW's fault. Steams only affiation with the game is it prevents piracy and allows them to charge for DLC. I could care less if MW3 is steam integrated, although no is good. I stilll don't understand how you could think that this was not their Acti/IW's fault

poison_pawn

There is a lot of conversation in these forums about this or that feature.

But: The real issue is the differences between the two platforms, and the freedom to choose.

Consoles are limited by nature; they have X system resources, X control options and limited networking options.

While computers have at least 106 button keyboards and a mouse with at least 3 buttons (most gaming mice have at least 7) and the entire world wide internet at their disposal.

We do not want our games truncated; simply to create “balance between platforms”

You really want to create balance develop a 106 button controller for you dedicated gaming computers (consoles), integrated mouse, and REAL access to the internet.

Why try to turn an orange in to an apple?

Why take away our options because you limited theirs?

It’s not the pc that can’t handle leaning, VOF, MAXFPS, or massive networking etc…

If you really want to integrate platforms; bring them to us; we’re fine right where we are. Stop taking away our choices, our voices.

If we want to play a console game we’d have bought consoles

{bhc}max|co

{bhc}max|co wrote:

what the hell is going on at iw/sh, why are we pc gamers being treated like S**T ?, AGAIN, i thot lessons were learned with the mw2 fiasco, yet here

we are, a month away from release, and were still not getting ALL the answers...

now a group of modders/mappers/gamers hyave issued 402 with a list of mw3 pc specific questions,

402's response" i dont have those answers yet, " why the hell not?

i was as excited about this game as much as i was with mw2, but im getting that deja vu feeling, same ol same ol,

why the hell are no devs answering questions on here?

looks like yuo have a bombshell to drop on the pc community..

for instance.. we were told by 402 ,servers will be like cod4, why then is he quoted as saying in swedish interview that servers on mp will be geared to 2-18 players? or is that for consoles, either way, the lack of information coming to pc gamers is pathetic..

i run a cod4 clan for last 3x years, if this game isnt upto cod4 server wise, thats it for me, im done with iw/activision/treyarch/sledghammer..

YOU ARE TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS HERE LIKE CRAP ON YOUR FEET....

full interview http://www.mappersunited.com/forum/index.php?threads/r-bowling-g-schofield-inter view.1784/

Guess i answered my own question , now the only worry is wether servers can be gsp hosted or are pc self hosted...

if we have gsp servers , then fine, every other thing can be sorted by petitions and or mod tools  if they come out..