24 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 1:30 PM by poison_pawn RSS

DEVS DO YOU WANT TO MAXIMIZE SALES OF MW3 ON PC?

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

Then confirm that MW3 PC will have Elite ranked matchmaking for people who think pubs actually matter. And for normal PC gamers who just want to have fun with their friends or clan announce ranked dedicated servers that aren't tracked by Elite. You have always said that CoD is balanced from level 1 to max level, and you've said that Elite will not take anything away from what we already have. Well, then don't take away ranked dedicated servers! who care if the server is set up no noobtubes Nuketown FFA 24/7? People who don't want to play that don't have too, If its not tracked by Elite it wont pad anyone's stats and people who want to have the "COD4"-like experience can still fully enjoy the game without ruining the integrity of Elite. Its definetaly a fair comprise, and Ranked Dedicated Servers will definetally be a make or break for 90% of the PC community

• DEVS DO YOU WANT TO MAXIMIZE SALES OF MW3 ON PC?
    damze

90% of the PC community? Where did you get those numbers, oh wait you must have pulled them out of your ass. The chances that we get ranked dedicated servers is very slim due to boosting, xp whoring (Nuketown 24/7) you name it.

• Re: DEVS DO YOU WANT TO MAXIMIZE SALES OF MW3 ON PC?

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor wrote:

Then confirm that MW3 PC will have Elite ranked matchmaking for people who think pubs actually matter. And for normal PC gamers who just want to have fun with their friends or clan announce ranked dedicated servers that aren't tracked by Elite. You have always said that CoD is balanced from level 1 to max level, and you've said that Elite will not take anything away from what we already have. Well, then don't take away ranked dedicated servers! who care if the server is set up no noobtubes Nuketown FFA 24/7? People who don't want to play that don't have too, If its not tracked by Elite it wont pad anyone's stats and people who want to have the "COD4"-like experience can still fully enjoy the game without ruining the integrity of Elite. Its definetaly a fair comprise, and Ranked Dedicated Servers will definetally be a make or break for 90% of the PC community

We don't actually need ranked dedicated servers. We just need dedicated servers with there own progressive ranking system which counts on any dedicated server you visit. It matters not a jot or iota if the server is classed as "ranked" or "unranked", just as long as we can get access to the weapons in some way (whether by unlocking things progressively, or all at once on day 1 - it doesn't matter which).

If you look at COD4, the servers weren't really "ranked" servers because there were no leaderboards. Let's just go back to that system, where there are no leaderboards, and have a progressive ranking system which doesn't count on "ranked" leaderboards. Oh, and one more thing - leave dedicated servers out of Elite. It's been this obsession with Elite which has lead to all this angst in the PC community, because it forced them to try to lock the game down so that it was all done on the same level - everyone playing friggin playlists with no settings to tweak, and very little control over how a server was configured. Just leave PC dedicated servers out of that, and let us get on with our "unranked" progressive ranking system.

It's not as "make or break" as you think.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/11/1258035395841.jpg

i got 6 hrs in MW2 and nevr joined that stupid group  ... cod is on thin ice ... with the PC guys

no ranked dedicated servers = no sale

no server admin.s = hackfest

HellBilly wrote:

i got 6 hrs in MW2 and nevr joined that stupid group  ... cod is on thin ice ... with the PC guys

no ranked dedicated servers = no sale

no server admin.s = hackfest

We don't need dedicated servers to be ranked. We just need a way to be able to access the weapons. Whether that is progressive, or unlocked on day 1 doesn't matter. Just as long as there is some way to access the weapons.

Anyway, the term "ranked" simply means streaming stats to leaderboards. We didn't have any of that with either COD4 or World at War, and that system was great!! Just give us it back please.

i under stand what your saying .. but noobs dont .. and we need noobs to get servers full ..

noobs dont play on unranked

HellBilly wrote:

i under stand what your saying .. but noobs dont .. and we need noobs to get servers full ..

noobs dont play on unranked

With PC dedicated servers, there will be a server browser. That browser will only show dedicated servers. Therefore, there wont be a tab for "ranked" and "unranked". There will just be dedicated servers showing. If a noob uses the browser, they will find all and any dedicated servers with no way to "miss" any because they will all be the same whether they are classed as ranked or unranked.

So, no need to worry about making the issue about being ranked or no sale. Just give us dedicated servers with a browser to find any server, and a way to access the weapons.

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

To clarify the 90% figure is only people who are on the fence about buying MW3. There are gonna be people who started PC with CoD4 or MW2 that don't care either way. And Dante2010 makes a great point. I could care less if I have to unlock the weapons or not. I just want to be able to play on my clans server and not have to worry about touching "You-know-what-net"

you be playing in a empty server ... cause noobs dont play unranked servers also good luick finding a server that doesnt have a goofy weapons mod on there ... cause we all know everyone is a gun expert

HellBilly wrote:

you be playing in a empty server ... cause noobs dont play unranked servers also good luick finding a server that doesnt have a goofy weapons mod on there ... cause we all know everyone is a gun expert

Please - stop talking rubbish. The vast majority of PC players who play the COD series only want to play on dedicated servers. Hence, even if dedicated servers are classed as unranked, the vast majority will still play on them.

Anything is better than playing on peer to bloody peer. So, you are wrong - we wont be playing on empty servers. The servers will be full up. It will be the matchmaking fools who sit there forever waiting for enough players to get matched with.

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

HellBilly wrote:

The majority of players who are in clans will be playing on dedicated servers, the majority of players who want to play competitive will want to play on dedicated servers, most players that know better will play better. There is a mod filter in the server browser so you wouldn't have to worry about mods if you don't want to play. Preferably ranked dedicated servers would be ideal but really all we need access to the weapons, thats all i want

poison_pawn

the whole point of dedi servers is to allow freedom of choice; if i don't want to play with TC weapons mod i can choose not to. you talk about "noobs" like it equals dumb; just because someone is new doesn't mean they're unable to think for them selves. by the way you mention COD4, WAW, and MW2, i would think you where you where new. I've been playing COD since day 1 (10/29/2003) and if not for the PC community this game would not have grown in to the massive empire that it is today; (where do you think this game was developed?) who remembers the community mod heat of battle? half the map in UO (united offensive) came from that mod,Awe, Extreem, openwarefare...etc. i know of at least one amature mapper who went to work for activision Paulo88, point is like Dante and others have already said we don't care about your leaderboards and all the extra crap. we just want OUR game back! the rest of you console gamer can do what you like; just leave us alone

HellBilly wrote:

i support this since matchmaking sucks

but there should just be a limit on wnat admins can do

many cod 4 servers are a joke, i dont want them to change the walking speed

or they make 50!!! people server and then you play on a map made for 12 ?

i dont want them changing stats of the gun,scope speed or any thing like that

some mods are great like

only sniper,knifing disabled,one bullet in pistol,no kill streaks,and trowing knife,no death streak

ffa

that is the best server for mw2 i have played and still playing

{bhc}max|co

PC Gamers want what we had on cod4 and waw

ranked public servers and unranked mod servers

we do not need the "leaderboard " crap that comes with elite...dont forget clans have plenty of ways to stat track their servers for clanmembers and regulars..

at the end of the day..

elite leaderboards will end up being topped by the haxors, till vac finds a way to ban em

meanwhile us clan pc guys who run and admin servers can help control the vermin that are haxors,  by banning them locally and reporting them to vac/elite/iw or whoever, just like we do with punkbuster/punkbusted/pbbans/gv/ggc and other anti cheats..

Cheating is big business and hackers will always be in front ,untill their particular hack is caught and then easily banned by all servers..

hackers have to be stopped the source.. by closing down the websites that advertise them.. but im straying from the point here....

GIVE US DEDICATED RANKED SERVERS, these servers should be un altered just like stock servers on cod4/waw...

The servers that get changed ie weapons / settings etc, these can be unranked or modded public servers whereby ranks are local to that particular server only..

what we DONT want,  is having to rank up on every server we visit..

{BHCMax @ www.bhc-rangers.com

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

snapr68 wrote:

i support this since matchmaking sucks

but there should just be a limit on wnat admins can do

many cod 4 servers are a joke, i dont want them to change the walking speed

or they make 50!!! people server and then you play on a map made for 12 ?

i dont want them changing stats of the gun,scope speed or any thing like that

some mods are great like

only sniper,knifing disabled,one bullet in pistol,no kill streaks,and trowing knife,no death streak

ffa

that is the best server for mw2 i have played and still playing

I think most people are confused on what mods are and what they have to do with public servers. In CoD4 and WaW, mods have their own special rank-up and stats than do stock. This is because mods have thier own seperate folder with in the game needed to run. You won't see a ranked "levelprogression" modded server because the mods don't use that. What I'm talking about for dedicated servers are ranked (in terms of level progression) servers in which I can use /rcon or a config or CP to change settings such as scorelimit, timelimit, and map rotation barebones and hardcore. I just want to be able to set how long I can play certain maps and what order I'm gonna play them. If IW wants to blacklist certain commands such as g_speed and g_gravity thats fine. No one is ever really gonna change that unless there doing private or unranked. Also bring back devmap to unranked. All the different commands that you can do in dev mode makes it ideal to practice and learn maps as well as helps in testing mods

I want COD:MW3 PC to be sale 30% of its price. LOL

{bhc}max|co

yes they do!!

next year it will be 250 bucks for you to enjoy cod

Absolutly agree OP they either need to stop giving us pc gamers crap we don't want or find a way for it to all work like used in the good old days of cod4.