9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2011 3:30 PM by vims1990 RSS

Kill Confirmed and Point Streaks

vims1990

I'm starting to like the idea of Kill Confirmed....encourages players to move around and they only way to win is to collect or deny dog tags.

Let's just say I may be playing more Kill Confirmed than TDM as it's more of a TDM for objective players.

But I do have one query regarding Kill Confirmed and Point Streaks.

Let's just say you're one off your Predator Missile:

If say you kill a player but you haven't confirmed the kill, will you get access to the Predator Missile after you kill the opposing player or after your or a teammate confirms the kill?

• Kill Confirmed and Point Streaks

After you kill the player you get your killstreak

brandon_vera

I feel this is going to be the game all the K/D whores play because they know most of the players will be running around collecting tags and they can just sit in a second story claymored in picking up kills but not collecting dog tags. I know they will most likely not get the win but K\D whores dont care about winning it was like all the people who would play domination and just camp at the home flag and never attempt to cap B. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

vims1990

Yeah, this is my only concern about Kill Confirmed especially if you are "lone-wolfing."

Like for any objective game mode I play, I'm considering partying up with friends more than playing solo so I'm not stuck with players who don't pick up dog tags and still get rewarded for just killing but not confirming the kill.

Yeah, I thought it was counter-intuitive to have your point streak based off the initial kill and not off the confirmed kill. If the idea was to encourage faster/non-camping gameplay, that is.

if you want to win ppl will still move to get the dog tags

vims1990

In the current state of the COD community, I don't think so.

Some players just specifically play for K/D and kills. I know a number of players who have high e-peen ratios but their W/L consists of many losses and dashboards losses.

Yes, in kill confirmed, it's about the kills but there's an objective element (dog tags)

Even in objective game modes, you do have a handful of players who don't give a crap about capturing flags and don't care about the win.

mitchbel1996

If you wanna get points for pointstreaks in Kill Confirmed, you just need to kill. I think they should change it to 0,5 points a kill and 0,5 points a confirm

• Re: Kill Confirmed and Point Streaks
      vims1990

Sounds like a good method to encourage players to confirm the kill.

But I still think that after you confirm the kill, you earn the point streak rather than before.

This way, it encourages the player or the teammate to collect the dog-tag.

Also it promotes a bit more communication with your teammate, "Hey, I can't get to my dog-tag, could you please confirm the kill so I can assist u with my Advanced UAV?" (Just an example)