40 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 12:33 PM by ace_of_spartans RSS

3 steps forward, 5 steps back.

That seems like what IW/Sledgehammer is doing with MW3. They add something great like point streaks, but then bring back killstreak stacking and overpowered killstreaks like AC130s. They make Shotguns Primaries, but none of them can be Akimbo. They add more than 4 Snipers, but bring back quickscoping. They take away OMA, but bring back Ghost-like perks. You see what I mean? I'm going to buy MW3 for sure, already have all my money down on it, but I still know it's going to be a horribly unbalanced, laggy, possibly modded online experience for the first few months. I'm no BF3 fanboy either, I haven't even bothered playing the beta and I thought BC2 SUCKED, but it seems like MW3 won't be as balanced as Black Ops or CoD4: and balance plus fun are the two key factors in online multiplayer. It's hard to have one without the other. I hate to be one of those people who thinks MW3 will be like MW2.5, but it really seems like it's headed that way. Too bad I'm already stuck in Activision's wallet....

• 3 steps forward, 5 steps back.

Do you know how hard it is to get a 12 killstreak, mate? Especially when the maps are designed to prevent camping? Akimbo shotguns was the most annoying thing in MW2 to date. Any *** can equip akimbo rangers and just blow the **** out of someone. Unrealistic much? It was a good move removing them. Bring it back? It's been there since CoD4. Besides, if you're good enough, then you should be able to shoot the mediocre QSers before they get their shot off. Ghost was split up, first of all, to please the ******* complaining about it in BLOPS (didn't think about that, did you, kid? What more could you want? Unless you WANT to get raped by air support)

See, you're just complaining about crap they FIXED or was already there. CoD4 was a great game and it had tubes and Quikscoping. You see what I mean? And how do you know it's going to be unbalanced and laggy? Have you played the finished game yet? No? Then SHUT UP.

-It's never been really difficult to get a 12 killstreak in any CoD, if anything, it was probably easiest in MW 2, and hardest in Black Ops (because it didn't stack and your kills had to be legit). 

-It doesn't matter if the maps are designed to prevent camping, people will camp regardless.  This is only a problem if both the map design AND gun/perk mechanics heavily favor this approach (*cough*MW2*cough*)

-No, the most annoying thing in MW 2 was OMA/Danger Close classes.  There's a handful of other things that were more annoying than akimbo shotguns, but I won't argue that because I'm happy such stupidity was removed.

Get off your high horse and shove your blind loyalty aside.  Properly constructed criticism is a good thing, blind loyalty is not. 

If you're already complaining this much about a game you haven't even played, you may want to just avoid buying it.

Don't like chaining pointstreaks? Then use the Support Package & call in Sam Turrets or EMPs. Too selfish to do that? Then use a Stinger & shoot sh*t down -- shooting down enemy air support earns you a point towards your own pointstreak now.

Black Ops is balanced, but a Ghost-like perk taking up 2 perk slots in MW3 is unbalanced? Are you high? I've been playing cod since 2006 & Blops is the least balanced game since perks were introduced (Ghost, Famas; Ghost, Famas; Ghost, Famas; Ghost Famas -- yeah, that's balance). Don't like Assassin? Then call in Recon Drones or Advanced UAVs or use the Recon perk.

And lag? When has an IW game ever lagged like Blops? Never! Blops lagged so much because of its host selection -- MW3 will be similar to MW2 which suffered little lag on decent connections.

So again, if you're complaining this much now, just avoid the game. MW3 will take a huge leap forward & finally reward the team-oriented objective players while punishing objective ignoring killwhores. BUT, it's up to the player -- only selfish & stubborn jagoffs will be complaining about MW3 as a whole, because they're too obsessed with their K/D to adapt & play the game the right way.

-The problem here is the sheer principle of the whole thing.  Why should a pointstreak contribute to further pointstreaks?  It cheapens the accomplishment of achieving higher level pointstreaks and more importantly, it allows better players to exploit the system to create a negative playing experience for the lesser skilled player.  I'm pretty sure part of the principle behind stacking pointstreaks was to allow the lesser player to be able to get to higher level pointstreaks (when they normally wouldn't be able to) in order to create a more "enjoyable" experience, but the opposite end of the spectrum applies too:  better players will be able to achieve higher level pointstreaks more consistently, allowing them to terrorize the lesser skilled players more frequently.

-You must be playing with some bad players, the Famas is not the go-to rifle anymore.  All things considered, there's pretty decent diversity in perk 1 usage, even in public games, and rifle usage is fairly evenly split between the cadre of the Famas, Aug, Commando, and the Galil (the clear favorite right now).  Diversity is no different than MW 2 was at this point in Black Ops.

-Lag is worse in MW 2 because it's a faster paced game.  The faster you can kill someone, the more meaningful the ping value becomes, and the less it is about actual skill (it relies instead on ping and sheer reflexes). 

MW 3 is not a "huge" leap forward, it is exactly what the OP says it is:  it takes a few steps forward, and a few steps back. 

I'm sorry, you literally have no clue at what you're talking about.

Don't like chaining pointstreaks in the Assault Package? Use one of the MANY counters to lethal air support.

The Famas isn't the go-to gun anymore? Then why are people who still play Blops still  complaining about it? The so-called Famas nerf did practically nothing & most definately did NOT curb people's use of it. Why are most Blops videos on YT now a Famas gameplay? How about this: show me 5 combat records where someone has been killed by any gun more than the Famas. Better yet, what's your GT or PSN ID so I can check your combat record..

MW2 lagged more than Blops? You're retarded. Blops lagged so much because of its host selection which was essentially dumbed down in an attempt to lessen host advantage, so what happened was a mediocre connection would get picked to host (how often did splitscreeners pull host for chrissakes?). Ever notice there'd be a Host Migrations in MW2 if the host sucked, but the only way there was ever a HM in Blops was if the host backed out?

And if you agree with the OP, let me extend to you the same advice: DON'T BUY THE FRIGGIN GAME.

Have you even played MW3? Just wait till the game comes out before you start saying what you dislike about the game. FYI Black Ops was horribly unbalanced, 4 bar connection meant you were god.

I disagree, I think they took 5 steps forward from black ops. And CoD4 was the best multiplayer CoD so far in terms of balance and maps and fun.

• Re: 3 steps forward, 5 steps back.

Lol you guys are so mad at my post. At the guy who says Akimbo Rangers take no skill--you really think quickscoping takes any more skill? The shotguns were perfect in MW2, until everybody whined about them and made them sh!t in BLOPs. Then everyone whined again, and hopefully MW3 has found the perfect balance to make them fun to use and good but without everybody whining. Really, you're mad because you got killed by a guy using guns that only have 2 bullets in each clip and crap range? Also, if you know what you're doing it's not hard at all to get a 12-kill streak, especially when killstreaks stack. You must just be really bad.

Also, I DO have the right to judge this game because I've watched every fracking gameplay clip of it on YouTube multiple times, and unless the game drastically changes before launch, it will not be good.

Another example of what I'm saying is: Remove the awesome perks Marathon and Lightweight but bring back Deathstreaks like Juiced? Where's the balance in that?

In case you hadn't noticed, Akimbo shotguns are worse than panic knifing. One OHK shotgun is good; 2 means you don't stand a ****ing chance. Treyarch, being Treyarch decided to make shotguns primary for balance and then go the extra mile by only including 4, 2 of which sucked, and drastically removing their range.

And, apparently, if you watch YouTube videos you know exactly what the game's going to be like? Pffft. Only an idiot thinks this rubbish. You don't have the right to **** till you've actually played the game.

Aaaah, an MLCer? I see why you're such a selfish dumbass now, you're just as sad as the jackasses on MW2! Enjoy being raped by the balance, BK! I'll see you in hell!

Yes because running across the map in a matter of seconds was totally awesome. It was broken.

AirborneI

How does watching a game let you know about balance?

AirborneI

And for the record i thought BO had very good balance IMO. And I hope MW3 builds on it.

Yeah, it was so balanced EVERYONE'S Combat Record lists their most killed by weapon as the Famas. That's the definition of balance -- one weapon dominating all the other ones.

AirborneI

Don't play much huh?

What? Yes, I play cod a lot (for 5 years now, actually), but I quit Blops about 2 months ago. Are you going to say the Famas is not the weapon that appears on EVERYONE'S combat record as the weapon that's killed them the most? You're stupid if you try.

AirborneI

Guess I'll just be stupid. Your whole thread is made off of false assumptions. Time to pack in bud.

Pretty sure the famas is the best weapon in the game. Get over yourself.

AirborneI

Nothing to get over. Every time I play there is whole lot more than the FAMAS being used. Definitly not the weapon I have used most. Just BC you think it is overpowered doesn't mean everyone does. My point to my original post was this guy who started the thread is just making assumptions and I didn't think BO was SO unbalanced. And like I said I hope MW3 continues to tweak the balancing.

All I ever see is galils and famas everywhere. I'd rather play MW2 where all guns can work in given situations.

AirborneI

I found all the tubing in MW2 to be much worse for balance IMO. I think out of all the COD games including three I played MW2 the least. I wanted to like it more the engine on MW2 was so smooth. I was praying for some patches to fix stuff up.

Here's the ignorance. The Famas is OP -- like it or not, admit it or not. I never said it was your most used weapon, but it is EVERYONE'S most KILLED BY weapon. I have seen quite a few Combat Records and I've literally NEVER seen one where someone's most killed by weapon was something other than the Famas -- the friggin gun has sniper range, SMG hip fire accuracy, & next-to no recoil (even post-patch). What's your GT or PSN-ID? I 100% guarantee the Famas will be #1 on your most killed by list (followed by the Galil & 74u).

As for MW2 -- OMA/DC/NT was a community exploit that was never patched because Activision fired all the main talent at IW before it was even an issues. People cry about the lack of support in MW2, but they conveniently forget the 1/2 dozen patches prior to the "Mass Exodus."

AirborneI

I don't believe there has been a COD yet WO two or three guns that were the most used. COD4 had the M16 and MP5 that seemed to be the two favorites. W@W had the MP40 and STG44. etc...

I remember the patches IW put out. I also remember they had plenty of complaints about the OMA and Scavenger grenade launcher stuff long before they had their interna issues. And you realize all this started over this comment.

"And for the record i thought BO had very good balance IMO. And I hope MW3 builds on it."

Just an OPINION. Not meant to strat a war.

vims1990

Both Black Ops and MW2 had their issues.

If say, the old IW were still up and running, fixed up all the issues in the game including OMA/Danger Close fixes, reduced lunge on Commando, removed the Tactical Insertion from FFA and other game breaking issues, I would had played MW2 alot more.

Black Ops was a bit more balanced but dull. It was great for a while but the lack of attachment challenges, no title/emblem challenges, COD Points made the game less of a challenge & the lack of weapon variety amongst the community.

I traded in MW2 due to the fact I couldn't stand being tubed anymore. Even Blast Shield couldn't save me from these ********.

The best gun in the game is the Galil.

I see people using the Galil (most used), Famas, Aug, Commando, and to a lesser extent, the G16 and the Commando.  This isn't that different from MW 2 (TAR/SCAR/ACR/UMP).

The Galil from a statistical pov has actually always been the best gun in the game, the problem was that hip firing was too good with rifles initially, and thus the Famas (and AUG) could basically be used as an all-purpose gun to make up for their defencies (compared ot the Galil) in longer range combat.  This has been addressed though, and now the Galil is exactly where it should be stat wise.

You're complaining about people whining in a game they've played while you're whining about a game you haven't played. Seriously, don't buy MW3. I can only imagine how much crying you'll do when it actually launches.

slyaudio

I think everyone has to take a step back, relax and realise the main reason OP is an idiot is because he went and paid full pre-order for the game before he knew information on it. You take the gamble you pay the price, get over it.

mmartin

Personally, my favorite weapon is the Galil and I get killed often by Galils, AUGs, and MP5Ks. Not to mention snipers. 

If your argument holds water, then essentially you're saying there should be 1 Assualt Rifle, 1 Sub-Machine Gun, 1 Sniper, etc. No diversity whatsoever. That's boring. So what if there's a "go to" weapon that is preferred over others in the community? I'm not really sure what that means when people complain about 1 weapon being overpowered. Should there be 6 or 7 Assault rifles that are exactly the same, but with different skins? Everyone complained about the AK74U, Treyarch finally nerfed it, now nobody uses it. Is that what you want? Nerf the Famas so no one uses it then create another go to weapon?

I like and agree with what you're saying.  No matter how you approach a game, you're always going to have one approach that is superior to the others, and the only way to avoid this is by making all of the variables exactly the same.  While this is great from a pure skill pov, this is incredibly boring otherwise, and it's bad game design.  The solution thus, is not to worry about the fact that something will be better than another, but rather, create enough apporaches that are viable that it doesn't really matter, and variety achieved. 

Individuality is also important.  If multiple guns behave exactly the same (and share the same stats for the most part), then what is the point in having those multiple guns to begin with?  You're better off just having one gun do the trick and using that space and time for something more meaningful.  This was actually the worst in WaW though, and Treyarch did improve on it somewhat for Black Ops.

alright killstreaks only stack in the assualt package after 2 kills with a killstreak so if you use a airstrike and get 2 kills you only get 1 kill stacked on your killstreak. also Support is suppose to have the ability to not lose your killstreak until death number 2 because its support and no kills are directly oreinted from that killstreak area. and also Ghost exists, and quick scoping might not exist but guess what. snipers are trained to be able to aim down sites and or down the top of the scope in close combat so if they run into anyone super close and they are using there rifle they can in a way quick scope them. so it is realistic in a sense that its close combat and its rare that they even have to do that.  also stop your ******** because people such as Machinima and optic gaming said on twitter this is the most balanced cod yet. and that your AC130 and air born killstreaks were tooken out in seconds.  So yes this game for what has been being said is way more balanced for all kind of playerss.

Why every whine posts includes Quickscoping, that it wasn't implented in BO was a different story.

MW3 is IW, IW = Quickscoping.

Quickscoping got a bad name due those Youtube fanboys, but I've been doing it since COD3, spraying your ARs gets boring after a while.

deal with it.

I agree on all your other points tho.

The way I see it. The more they implement into the game, the more there is that can go wrong. That is how I feel when it comes to the new pointstreak system. Kills with your pointstreak rewards add towards your next reward, I would have though it would be an obvious thing to remove.

However, the new weapon level is an awesome idea, I've never seen anyone suggest it and I think it will change the whole way I play the game in terms of unlocking my gear for certain weapons.

Thankfully the explosives have been nerfed. It's about time they realised that people are using explosives as a primary weapon which is totally unbalanced towards people who play the game properly.

Best of all, quickscoping is back so I can finally have fun with a new CoD game. So sick and tired of the sway and bad hit-detection on BO. I could quickscope quite well on BO but it was just so unsatisfying with the L96A1 taking an age to cock back, making it very slow paced.

I can't wait for MW3!

NONE of the shotguns can be akimbo'd? Sadface. Rangers had there uses. I loved every single damn shotgun in that game (except the models). I went through an entire prestige using only shotguns cuz I was so filthy with them, they all had there different uses and were so balanced (among each other I mean). I could have a class for each one. With no akimbo, they may be a bit less versatile.

And also primary shotguns /:

Not so happy about that. But I will still use them a lotttttt.