20 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2011 7:59 AM by stunnah RSS

WOW thanks BlackOps For....

derf8966

Thanks Blackops for **** up the community more... i went back to playing mw2 again about a month ago to get ready for mw3 and all im running into are tainted blackops players..and what i mean by tainted blackops players is im constantly running into nothing but serious corner campers with coldblooded and last stand..

now i know those people exist in every cod but alot more have been popping up in mw2 then normal and i blame blackops for that..

i have over 60+ days in mw2 and its never been this full of  corner campers with coldblooded and last stand..

/rant

any one else noticing this too

Message was edited by: iif0xh0undii

• WOW thanks BlackOps For....

Rofl people in cold blooded on MW2 are nothing because they sacrifice stopping power and I murder them all.

I've noticed it a lot in hardcore games recently.  I wish there was a better solution for finding corner campers, but what can you do?!  I guess it's a play style.  People will complain about anything in MW2...last night I played (lone wolf style) in a lobby of SnD against a team of 6, and they all complained no matter what way they died.  Rushers ("Try-hards"), campers, tubers, quickscopers, etc.  They complained about EVERYTHING. 

To the OP, at least I've noticed the campers don't camp and move...so go back to the same spot and PWN!

if the FOV could be set to normal=90 and maps where not full with dark corners,it would not be so easy to hide in corners

i explain that already

kids-)

iif0xh0undii

Camping is a part of human instinct. The nescessity to surive and stay in seclosed, protected spaces rises as the situation does and MW2 definitely calls for that.

We can list many scenarios in which someone would camp more in MW2 than BO, but I doubt it would have an impact on the general perception. A single game hasn't changed this fact and a single game won't generate more campers than not. Be logical. Also, don't avoid the word filter. Convey your posts without degenerating to cursing.

esmorgue

I noticed the same thing myself. People actually thought it was working also. You see these guys trying to lay down like they have Ghost on. Like I have said before there will be very few tactics that will go along towards MW3. Some... but few.

Get killed by a camper, tell you team mate where he is. Dead camper.

Camping is a cowardly way to play, end of story. I swear to god, some people are so committed to camping, that It makes me wonder if they think they'll die in real life in they die the game.

Say what you want. Say it's in every cod; say it's not cheating; say let people play however they like; but, it's still a cowardly way to play. And don't give me that "defending" garbage. People who actually play passive defense don't sit in small area of the map. If anyone thinks camping is anything other than a sad attempt at killstreakwhoring and K/D inflation, they're either naive or stupid.

To the OP's point, yes, the newer cod's tend to ruin the older cod's because as this community grows, its  reputation weakens. People nowadays only seem to care about their stats and/or making it on YT and it's absolutely ruined the franchise. I've been playing cod since 2006 and all the old games are ruined. Want to play cod4? Well, have fun with all the fools trying to QS w/ M40A3 Acogs. Want to play cod2 or 3? Well, have fun in the 2v2 campfest!

At least in MW3 I'll be able to ruin killwhore's games by spamming the hell out of the Support Package...

colonelboston wrote:

Say what you want. Say it's in every cod; say it's not cheating; say let people play however they like; but, it's still a cowardly way to play. And don't give me that "defending" garbage. People who actually play passive defense don't sit in small area of the map. If anyone thinks camping is anything other than a sad attempt at killstreakwhoring and K/D inflation, they're either naive or stupid.

So basically the only way to play is to run around like a TDM jackass?

No thanks, I'll keep camping the objective and winning.

camping is a strategy NOT a cowardly way to play, try having not having one camper on your team in demolation (defending) adn see what happens

While I agree that campers are cowards (well, because they are for every reason you pointed out), I would have to add that this is only true in non-objective games. I also have no problem with a sniper in one spot because that is what that class needs to do (plus they are easy to find if you get shot). Camping in the non-objective based games is not a strategy, it's cowardice because they can't get out and play because they suck so bad at the game that once they start moving around they die too much. It's the only way for them to get their killstreaks, which I pitty them for. However, let's not confuse camping with strategic gameplay. Just because someone may see another person coming on UAV around a corner they are moving towards, that is not camping. Neither is waiting 30 seconds behind some cover in a high traffic area, before moving. I think a lot of players confuse camping with strategic gameplay, or blurt out CAMPER! because it seems to be the natural reaction to having a bad game.

vims1990

Players camped in MW2.

Difference was that UAV's weren't going off every 5 seconds due to stackable killstreaks &  players weren't using Cold Blooded as much as UAV's were used less.

When Black Ops removed Stopping Power, Ghost replaced Stopping Power as the dominant perk. The problem with Black Ops was the other perk choices (other than Flak Jacket) competing with Ghost weren't as good.

MW3 have some good perk choices competing with Assassin so I wouldn't worry too much.

Also, the Assault Package poinstreaks stack & Support package don't reset upon death.

• Re: WOW thanks BlackOps For....
    thebiindsniper

I would GLADLY have people using Ghost, Second Chance, and camping in corners,  rather than Stopping Power, Painkiller, Danger Close, OMA + Grenade Launcher Combo, Commando Knifing, spawn tubes, stacking killstreaks, and more.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

iiiredbeariii

NOTHING.

• Re: WOW thanks BlackOps For....

i camp more in MW2 than i did in black ops. Black ops if you camped you were killed soon. so you always had to move.

But in MW2 and scavenger pro. you can lay 2 claymores and kill a couple people and wait cause people sprint around more than playing cautionsly. then killstreaks stack so you get 4 kills or whatever. then you camp. and wait. cause you could be 1 kill from your AC130.

Black ops if you wanted a CG you had to earn in by moving around and killing.