19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 11:24 PM by chazgotaz28 RSS

picking up ammo BS

how is that I cant pick up ammo for a weapon that only differs from the one I have in my hands on in the back just because it has a diferent atachment?

thats ridiculus... I hope they change that in MW3 anyone agree?

• picking up ammo BS
    Fireman0025

yeah i do. i've always dound that a little screwy. just because ive gor a red dot sight and he has a silencer doesn't mean the guns use different bullets 

• picking up ammo BS

Wrong. Clearly you know nothing of guns.

If a weapon is using a suppressor, then it is also using sub-sonic ammunition. Therefore, if you are using an unsuppressed M4A1, you are using different ammo then the person using a suppressed M4A1

• picking up ammo BS

still that just supressed guns because this happens to every attachments

• picking up ammo BS

You don't need sub-sonic ammunition if you're using a suppressor. A suppressor works as intended with regular bullets. However, sub-sonic ammunition is a way to make shots quieter.

A proper suppressor will work with regular ammunition, just not as well as subsonic ammo. If you want your gun to be really quiet you use subsonic ammo and a suppressor.

With that said, in this video game, a gun attachment shouldn't change the type of bullet, and if you come across a suppressed M4A1, you should be able to use the ammo for your unsuppressed M4A1.

• picking up ammo BS

fell14043 wrote:

Wrong. Clearly you know nothing of guns.

If a weapon is using a suppressor, then it is also using sub-sonic ammunition. Therefore, if you are using an unsuppressed M4A1, you are using different ammo then the person using a suppressed M4A1

Sub-Sonic rounds are only really used for SMG's

• picking up ammo BS

I think it's the other way around.

• picking up ammo BS

I agree, it always bugged me out. Is this fixed in MW3?

• picking up ammo BS

lol maybe in MW3 you can´t pick up ammo if the weapons have diferent camo XD

• picking up ammo BS
    weird-guy

I agree, but I think they put it in to make people use Scavenger for more ammo.

• picking up ammo BS

I understand the use of scavenger, but I think this is still stupid. Either make us not pick up any at all (and have to grab the entire gun) or allow us to pick up bullets from a same type gun. Remeber COD4 when bullets combined? If you had a M9 and an Mp5 since they both used 9mm bullets you would have extra ammo for both(because they combined). I always thought that was cool.

• picking up ammo BS
    ghosthound

Try not to let the little things get to you...

• picking up ammo BS

Hm... I think you guys are wrong, when it happens to me, it's only because I hava gun with FMJ and the gun on the floor doesn't have FMJ, or I don't have FMJ but the gun on the floor does... give it a try, pick up the gun and shoot some bullets

• picking up ammo BS
    whiteknight1902

I am sure that there will be 1 gun thats more popular than anything else, so just use that with a tube and 75% of people in the same game will be using it.

• picking up ammo BS
    ifrerkinbr4di

cough

• picking up ammo BS
    combatvetizaf

I've always Scavenger, but still found it odd that you can replenish up your ammo even if the dead guy was using a different weapon - not only in type, but caliber.  Also, if they were down to two rounds you would still get 30 (or whatever).

Problem is, if you limit the perk too much, then everyone will start to use a core number of weapons which will then lead to the inevitable overpowered discussions.

• picking up ammo BS

Remember in COD4 when it seemed like almost every gun would refill your M16A4 or M4A1.  I never once ran out of bullets back then.  In MW2, and BO I felt like I was always picking up a different gun, unless I had scavenger of course..