15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2012 1:44 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Weapon DLC???

Yes, I know its a wonderful idea.

Just imagine every 2 monthes or so A NEW GUN!

I really hope and pray that they will do this.

AGREE?

• Weapon DLC???

They wouldn't do it because it would give players that can afford DLC an "advantage". Makes no sense, but thats what their excuse is probably.

• Weapon DLC???

They would never do it because what if your playing a game with someone who dosnt have the pack and they kill you and try to pick up the gun.. thats why.

• Re: Weapon DLC???
    rankismet

Maybe... time will tell.

Didnt they kinda imply that it would be hell coding the matchmaking for a weapons DLC? Implying that a weapons DLC would cost more than its worth?

Kaze96

I think people are taking this way to seriously. It would not be that hard of a job for Infinity Ward. It's just like adding maps, except they'd have to add a patch/update that would basically install the files on everyone's Xbox so once they picked it up, the files would reply to how it should work, but it wouldn't allow them to actually add the gun to their classes. And another thing is people are thinking guns in a DLC will all of a sudden have this big ass advantage, which is ridiculous. No, they'd just be symetrical to other guns in the game. Check out my forum post for my wishlist of weapons and my balancing ideas.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200399962?start=0&tstart=0

I was about to make a thread about this until i looked it up first to see if its been discussed. I think they could do it and all they would have to do is add a compatibility pack in the update. Its no diffrent then playing fighting games with more fighters as dlc then others. Which is why they build compatibility packs so they can still match make against each other, and so the one with the DLC can still use his content against people without it.

starbuckfrack

Jtrey303 wrote:

I was about to make a thread about this until i looked it up first to see if its been discussed. I think they could do it and all they would have to do is add a compatibility pack in the update. Its no diffrent then playing fighting games with more fighters as dlc then others. Which is why they build compatibility packs so they can still match make against each other, and so the one with the DLC can still use his content against people without it.

You do realize this is from October right

PS this doesnt work that way. Everyone would have to download the update to get all the guns to work.

When you kill a person who has a DLC gun then what happens if they dont actually own that gun DLC. You would wind up picking up a gun model that acts like one of the guns you just switched with.

Plus there are a lot newer ones than this one here that have DLC gun in the title.

But thanks for looking and not starting another thread