1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 115 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2012 1:27 AM by esmorgue Go to original post RSS
  • 80. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    nuttin2say

esmorgue wrote:

I'm so ready for it. They are coming out with another launch trail. Excuse the term [to keep us messing our pants]. They have said they have a security team that will help monitor these things now. Also that they relied on the security of the consoles more than they should have. I cant blame them for that. It was a learniing curve that sometimes we all have to go through. Yet we can still hope that they get SUPER tough on those reported and break this cycle.

Having been reported for cheating myself, I can tell you the current system works very well. I don't hack/mod/cheat in any way nor ever have. That doesn't stop people that get pissed because you spanked them from reporting you.

My point is that whatever system is in place, it has to be thorough enough to make sure that people that are not cheating are not penalized. Treyarch was merciless when they started implementing their system, if everyone recalls. But they were merciless with people they had hard evidence against.

I don't know what exactly they do or don't do to catch cheaters ... but I will say this:

You just never know when a member of their security team is in a match with you.

• 81. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    esmorgue

I know a couple that play all the time. They'll even wind up in vids. They let you add them or tweet that they want to play a game.

• 82. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    nuttin2say

esmorgue wrote:

I always wondered if there could be a class action lawsuit against the hackers.

Would have to be brought by the immediate party that was harmed, i.e. Activision/Console Makers/Developer company.

The community of players, however, could look to those companies for relief since those companies are the ones that promised you, the community, a game with specific characteristics and features that included valid performance statistics.

Would be hard to do now since the companies have implemented changes to prevent all the harm.

• 83. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    nuttin2say

djtn wrote:

Just ban their MAC address. Every XBOX has a unque MAC address.

I like this idea.

But it may already be in use. Xbox, I know, already works with Treyarch toward preventing and punishing hackers/cheaters.

• 84. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    esmorgue

I would like ACTIV/PS3/Xbox/PC, towork together to keep them off the other console. I know that some just get taken off one and move to the next. There has to be a method they can use to let each other know when and who was banned for whatever reason.

• 85. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    nuttin2say

I would love that, too. I just don't see how its going to be possible.

I was watching how Treyarch handled going after these jerks earlier this year. People got nuts with the reporting mechanism but apparently it worked out. In any case, I really think Activision played a much larger role than did Treyarch. I know Treyarch worked closely with Xbox, as well. From that I'm assuming they worked with all the other console makers, as well. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it because the people getting banned were mostly from Xbox and PS3 consoles. PC works different so Activision can go after them a little more directly.

Two things I noticed the most of were this. First, a lot of the people getting banned by Treyarch were also posting on the XBox Live site. That means they were getting console bans, not just Treyarch bans. Second, a lot of them were buying second subscriptions and attempting to open new accounts. That did not work I know from the crazy amount of complaints about it (I was LMAO off, too). The only way that could not work was that Xbox was blocking the console in one way or another.

At the time I was also getting emails from people wanting to sell their Xbox consoles. At first I thought it was spam but I did some checking on Craigslist and Ebay and, what do you know, there were tons of used consoles for sale. And every one of them came with the assurance that they were not "banned consoles." Yeah, right. You could buy consoles as cheap as $25 at the time. The point is that definitely Activision and Microsoft got serious on banning cheaters. Real serious.

Can you imagine? You drop $200 to $300 on a console, another $60 on a subscription ... only to think it is only your account that got banned so you go drop another $60 on another subscription ... only to find out you have to buy a whole new console??? Over $720 !!! plus tax !!! and still can't cheat !!!

You're right, they just jump to another console ... but consoles are not cheap. I love it. I want them to spend tons of $$$ on consoles and memberships. Maybe when mommy and daddy find out why they're dropping so much money on the little brats the cheating will slow down ... and it looks like that is exactly what happened.

• 86. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    esmorgue

I agree. That is some funny stuff. You almost want to hug yourself knowing that you caused some of that by reporting them. You should have been on the Black Ops forums. There were these silly guys getting on there just to ask why they got banned, it was there little brother and his friend. Oh we used to tear them up on there. The mods would let it turn into a free for all on them, unless we got really out hand with them. Some of the Mods on there actually work for Treyarch. Awww. that was good times over there.

• 87. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    gallp13

To bloody right mate good times tonnes of fun and hours of entertaining forum content ;)

• 88. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    esmorgue

"why did I get banned?" "My brother made the offensive emblem while i was gone to school" Get the hell out of hear! They know good and damn well they did that crap. Or the infamous..."I didnt glitch to get to the 15th on purpose, I just went into a lobby with my buddy and we were playing around and it happened". BAN them all for there "Crimes against GAMERS"

• 89. How would everyone feel about a across the board console ban on PS3/Xbox for Hackers/Modders?
    nuttin2say

I was there. And I'm not shy about telling the real reason I was watching how Treyarch handled it:

I was SERIOUSLY this close >< to finding a lawyer and putting together a class action suit. $60 a pop and 10s of millions of users? There is ZERO excuse for not making a real, bonafide effort at keeping hacks out of the game.

Worst of all, they were promising a product for that $60 that was not being delivered.

But I was patient and patience does have its virtues. I am plenty satisfied with how Black Ops got rid of 99% of the problems on that end ...

... but MW1, W@W and MW2 still need to be cleaned up, too. Otherwise stop selling copies without disclaimers.