1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 2:28 AM by dante2010 RSS

Devs, will I be able to level up on my Dedicated Server?

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor

This question is for the devs. I'm also spamming their twitters as well, I encourage you guys to do the same. Anyways, its a simple question

Will I be able to level up on my Dedicated Server? I don't care if its unranked, Elite ranks mean jack **** to me, I'm not signing up for that console BS, steam is bad enough... I just want to be able to connect to my clans server, be able to unlock my guns along the way (or if all guns are unlocked like the menus for ModWarfare thats ok too) and have a good time. I do not want to have to touch IWNet or Elite. I want the CoD4 like game that YOU PROMISED. If you guys confirm that there will be a different unranked progression system or an option to unlock all guns for an unranked server then I will go ahead and preorder this game. If this isn't ever confirmed I guess I can wait until AlterIWnet 2.0 comes out and I can play this games multiplayer on that.

Please bump this thread as much as possible so people can see it, Also continue to spam IW/SH twitters with this question and a link to this thread so we can get a confirmation!

• Devs, will I be able to level up on my Dedicated Server?

[EW]TheO'ReilyFactor wrote:

This question is for the devs. I'm also spamming their twitters as well, I encourage you guys to do the same. Anyways, its a simple question

Will I be able to level up on my Dedicated Server? I don't care if its unranked, Elite ranks mean jack **** to me, I'm not signing up for that console BS, steam is bad enough... I just want to be able to connect to my clans server, be able to unlock my guns along the way (or if all guns are unlocked like the menus for ModWarfare thats ok too) and have a good time. I do not want to have to touch IWNet or Elite. I want the CoD4 like game that YOU PROMISED. If you guys confirm that there will be a different unranked progression system or an option to unlock all guns for an unranked server then I will go ahead and preorder this game. If this isn't ever confirmed I guess I can wait until AlterIWnet 2.0 comes out and I can play this games multiplayer on that.

Please bump this thread as much as possible so people can see it, Also continue to spam IW/SH twitters with this question and a link to this thread so we can get a confirmation!

Very good question. I want to know as well, what exactly do they mean by "unranked"? This still isn't clear. The community means one thing - it means progressive ranking. But AVTI/IW/SG seem to mean something else, because Spec Ops has an internal progressive ranking system, but is "unranked".

I asked Mark Rubins, executive Producer for MW3, what they mean by "ranked" and "unranked":

ranked - streaming live stats to Elite

unranked - no streaming of live stats to Elite

So, the terminology needs clarifying. More importantly, the "real" question needs answering: Can we progressively rank up on dedicated servers? It doesn't matter if it is an "internal" ranking system like Spec Ops. We just need some way to get at the weapons without having to play matchmaking on P2P.