1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 211 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 6:53 AM by Defibrilator Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

To clarify Unranked Dedicated Servers on PC. Admin has full control of unlocks. Can unlock all or fully customize whats unlocked in #MW3

Resource twitter.

• 71. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

No way am I buying MW3 with only 18 players (less on other maps).  That's a console limitation not a PC limitation.  And Dedicated Servers must be ranked.  How else are we to complete achievements, see or rank, k/d ratio, etc? 

But there is the nagging question of who are the hosts for dedicated servers?  It can't be that hard to see the COD4 formula for this. 

• 72. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

Not be abble to level up on dedicated servers sucks thx for the lie !

18 players max  lol another joke hey guys it's pc version !!!

No lean thx for screwing us !!!

VAC WTF go on youtube and look the vids for MW2 and BO !!! Wow yeah VAC stop the cheaters what a joke !!!

No modtool, you want to sell your maps or skins fine but give us the possibility to make our promod or pam4 for lans !!!

For Black Ops you promised a promod for competition well you've done 4 dlc to sell but no promod out thx for the bullshits !!!

Infinity Wards -> the way it mean to srew you !

Ok BF3 wins cya !

• 73. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

They mess up the game with all sorts of unwanted restrictions such as this, and then they're surprised that PC version doesn't get a lot of sales and or players? Seriously, you'd think the devs would be intelligent and figure it out. There's clearly something stopping them from satisfying the PC community, as if they're constantly looking for things to restrict on this.

You're not making the game better, you're burying it deeper, as it's already ruined anyway.

• 74. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ
    Hogscraper

I just submitted my support ticket to Steam for canceling my pre-order. I do not care one bit for lean or FPS throttling. Not even on my radar. I do care about being able to rank up in a place where my friends and I can control who else gets to play with us and are able to control how they play. If we choose to not allow tubes, that's our choice. If you choose to force us into playing with whatever random idiot the matchmaking software throws together, then we choose to not play your game. I'm only talking about thirteen people so maybe we don't matter to your larger picture of what you want to provide us, but there are other options out there.

If Elite, most of its features and all of its rewards are strictly for console gamers, why is it an issue to let people rank up on dedicated servers? I'm hoping I misread or that you misspoke in the OP but as it is, I'm out. I won't be playing BF3 because I like instant action. I will be continuing to run a Counter-Strike Source server because the stability and ease of getting rid of trash is built in to the game. I don't care if some thirteen year old hits max prestige an hour after the game launches. In 500+ hours of playing MW2 and Black Ops I have never, not one single time, looked at stats or leaderboards. I absolutely do care about being able to get rid of greifers. That's why I stopped playing MW2. Having the ability to not have some kid screaming into the mic or playing music and having the ability to permanently get rid of a cheater is my driving force in deciding where to spend my money. There is zero reason for me to want to play a COD title if I can't rank up without all the idiotic crap that comes with opening my gaming experience to the trash that play. 

• 75. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ

“or set-up their own Dedicated Server for complete control, without being restricted by any 3rd party hosting requirements” I don’t think they know what dedicated servers are. Joe Blow starting a game on his PC is not a dedicated server. A Dedicated server is one that is hosted by a 3rd party to make pings and general game play more fare for everyone, and not ranked mean no one will play in them so why even have it. At least the guys at Black Ops know what dedicated servers really are.

• 76. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ
    poison_pawn

Gromit69 wrote:

Judgin from the new edit everything can be unlocked or locked, but its all server side so we dont earn any of it, sorry but thats a deal breaker for me, i wanted my rank to transfer between match making and dedicated seemlessly.

Now im completely stumped, i cant find any games that i like the look of, the ones i do like dont come out for atleast another year, and i cant play BF3 just does'nt feel right.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, the leading tactical multiplayer WWII shooter on the PC, will take the award winning Red Orchestra franchise into the next generation of gaming. Cutting edge graphics and audio built using the Unreal Engine 3, inventive features and streamlined realism will deliver an unrivalled tactical shooter experience.

Heroes of Stalingrad will focus on the Battle of Stalingrad and the surrounding operations, both German and Russian, from July 1942 to February 1943. The game allows the player to experience one of the most brutal battles in all of human history. Delivering unrivalled accuracy and attention to detail, along with gritty, vicious combat in multiplayer and single-player modes the game will feature everything from quick, brutal firefights to more intricate and challenging tactical modes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2zogCqAI2uY

• 77. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ
    afflictedmed

If possible go with NFOservers.  Great quality.

• 78. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ
    afflictedmed

Great description of BF3.  While they have much better PC focus, I hate the gameplay.  Just wish IW could figure it out.

• 79. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PC Exclusive Information & FAQ
    afflictedmed

What are you talking about?  No such statement in the OP.  Dedi's are unranked.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next