14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2011 5:21 PM by chalmerzxd RSS

Dislikes on MW3 & BF3 Youtube Videos

butters1320

Something has been bothering me. Everytime I go to the CALLOFDUTY Youtube channel and view a video it has roughly 60% likes and 40% dislikes. When I look at a BF3 video it has at least 90-95% likes. Why is that? Do people really hate MW3 and COD that much? Or are all of the hardcore BF3 fanboys just disliking the videos? I just don't understand why the MW3 videos have so many dislikes. At the moment this is how the two launch trailers are shaping up:

MW3: 13,838 likes, 8,980 dislikes

BF3: 10,598 likes, 337 dislikes

Why are the numbers so different? I'm not trying to start a fanboy war here. I'm tired of all of the MW3 vs. BF3 crap. I just want to know why the numbers are so skewed.

• Dislikes on MW3 & BF3 Youtube Videos

BF fanboy are inmature and think because, they dislike MW3 video's it will make us mad. I;m guessing

maccabi

butters1320 wrote:

MW3: 13,838 likes, 8,980 dislikes

BF3: 10,598 likes, 337 dislikes

Why are the numbers so different? I'm not trying to start a fanboy war here. I'm tired of all of the MW3 vs. BF3 crap. I just want to know why the numbers are so skewed.

bf fans liking what they are seeing

cod fans not liking what they are seeing

bf fans disliking cod videos

cod fans disliking bf videos

who really cares its flipping youtube, the day a like or dislike on youtube actually means somethingis the day i move to a desert island and give up on humanity

esmorgue

You answered it. They spend time looking for CoD vids and dislike them. Look at how many looks CoD has compared to BF3.

No, BF fans aren't disliking videos if you really believe that they do so you're really stupid (well of course someone does maybe 1% of dislikes come from these haters). Dislikes are because so many people hates activision for milking call of duty series. A "new" call of duty game every year. Mw3 is really similar to Mw2 there's no denial. Only few perk changes makes people feel like they got scammed. This is the real reason why even CoD fans are disliking.

• Re: Dislikes on MW3 & BF3 Youtube Videos

It's because most people on the internet who like to speak their minds through comments and discussion are usually Battlefield 3 fans/fanboys. This is why on most videos involving MW3 or BF3 almost always has arguments between the two, with BF3 almost always being more liked among the commenters.

Most people like to make the generalization that MW3 has "just a few things changed." They usually have no evidence (besides, of course, "only a few perks and weapon changes ololol!") to back up their claim and most just say it because their going with the bandwagon.

It's all about the Battlefield series being the "underdog," and people like the underdog. With the release of COD4 in 2007, the COD franchise got insanely popular for some reason.

When something becomes way too popular, has little kids & douchebags playing it, has pricy DLC with content that doesn't live up to the people's standards, it forms into something people love to hate.

There's also the talk of Battlefield being the more realistic war game for the use of vehicles such as jets, helicopters, tank, etc.

In the end, Battlefield then has a cult behind it, and they make sure to point out every flaw with MW3/Activision/Infinity Ward to make them feel like they are superior because they feel they are playing a smarter, more realistic, underdog of a game.

Those are my two cents.

By the way, I respect both of the games. They both look great. I prefer the COD franchise though. I could never really get into the Battlefield series.

dbdpandemonium

Here is why they are different. People watched the MW3 trailer and though "I did not like this" much more then people who watched the BF3 trailer.

Dont say you are not trying to start a battle between the two games when you seem to be indicating that the MW3 trailer should be doing much better and thats its a "shocker" that it has so many dislikes. Then you try and play stupid with the oh it must just be BF3 fanboys.... without actually calling them out. Its obvious you think CoD is better and thus are trying to start a fight.

Okay BoTD.. Lets say your honest about not wanting to start a fight. Why would you ever think someone on these forums has the solution to this question? Nobody could possibly know what made all those people dislike the video.

chalmerzxd

They`re both different games with different playstyles, how anyone can compare the two I`ll never know.

fantasmo

Fairly obvious why, the BF3 fanboys just constantly search up MW3, proceed to video and dis-like. Why? No idea.