13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2011 6:36 AM by Big_Duke_6 RSS

QUESTION!!!

I have been seeing a lot of posts for clans already, and I wanted to know how people are already making them. I didn't think we could make clans until the full version of Elite comes out. The second part is, if i get my hardened edition early again this year, will I get access to Elite a day or two also? Thank You for your time.

• QUESTION!!!

You don't need Elite to make a clan, you just make one or join one. Clans have existed long before Call of Duty even had multiplayer.

As for Elite, the beta is supposed to be back up soon, but if you get your Hardened early, I doubt you get access to the full version of Elite until midnight Nov. 8th.

• QUESTION!!!

I don't mean clan tags, the actual clans that you make on Elite that you level up and everything, thank you for responding though.

• QUESTION!!!

Again, you don't need Elite to make a clan -- clan tags, more often than not, are just used by kids to add something stupid to their name & rarely reflect an actual clan.

Now, people are either creating a new clan, adding more people to an existing clan, or trying to join a existing clan. When Elite goes live, the clan leader can set up his clan on Elite then.

• QUESTION!!!

So how do they know who the clan leader is? I understood it like clans would be more like they are on Socom U.S. Navy Seals.

• QUESTION!!!

People are just making "plans" for clans

• QUESTION!!!

I don't know how to make this any clearer. Most clans that will be on Elite have existed for years. Most clans don't have a website. Most clans are just a group of people on each other's friends lists who play regularly together. Some clans are Gamebattles teams.

When Elite goes live, one of the clan members (pre-determined) will go on Elite and set up his clan and go from there.

It seems to me like you can't even imagine a clan's existence w/o Elite. I was in a clan once back in 2007 -- if I were still in it, we'd be doing what we normally do, even after Elite launched. Elite changes nothing other than giving people new ways to find like-minded people to play with and give existing clans tournaments to play in if they so choose. I only want Elite for the cheaper DLC.

• QUESTION!!!

Really? Because it seems like clans are going to be deeper on this call of duty. Clans now have levels. If you can level up your clan then you can probably only get in a clan by invite from the clan leader. This also means that names are on a first come first serve basis.

• QUESTION!!!

All that is meaningless though. Clan rank doesn't give you anything special -- just some clan emblems & a few hours of double XP. And I'm sure Beachhead Studios has already secured clan names for all the pro teams so some 15 year old wannabes don't steal it.

• QUESTION!!!

I doubt they secured any for anybody,  maybe MW3. Why would they care whether or not the people you are calling, "pro", get the name they want? I don't believe it is meaningless at all either. One of my favorite things about Socom was the depth of the clans.

• QUESTION!!!

It's meaningless because you don't get anything. There's literally nothing (aside from clan titles & emblems) that you can get in a clan that you can't get not in a clan.

And I would almost guarantee they'll save clan names for professional teams -- why wouldn't they? They host MLG events and other tournies. Why would they let some nobody high school kid reserve OpTic Gaming or Team EnvyUs?

• Re: QUESTION!!!

I got MW3 on the Xbox yesterday. I'm signed up to Elite Premium. There doesn't seem an option to start a clan through Elite though.

I have my clan tag on the front of my gamertag (as you do in all CoD games once you've achieved a certain level) but how do I go about, through Elite, getting my clan established and inviting other friends etc to join?

Any help or advice much appreciated guys.

• Re: QUESTION!!!
    Big_Duke_6

Join a clan i am in

http://www.gunslingergaming.com/

for older players, tell em TDC7367 aka Tone sent ya.