1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 111 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2012 3:29 PM by goodgoogle Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion

Not arguing that the ADS time was faster in MW2, I think you missed my point entirely. 

I said "youtube exploded with MW2 quickscopers"...not MW2 QSers exploded because of cap cards/HDPVRs.

It was already in the game since CoD1 (originated in CounterStrike), once people started to make montages, everyone wanted to do it...the only way to make a great montage was to hit a shot no one has seen before, and thus we have sniping today. 

• 41. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion
    AirborneI

It was way more accessible and easier to do with quicker ADS. IMO I dont think it was youtube videos that brought it on more. I believe it was just being easier to do in MW2. Not saying youtube montaging doesnt factor in. Between ADS quicker and montaging it berthed a communtity of it.

• 42. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion
    T-dubbyf4i

Well it was removed in Black Opsand people complained. So they added it back,although harder to do than MW2. The problem is everyone thinks they're snipers. Using MW2 as a reference right now. Any given match has probably 40% of the players as snipers. It just needs to stay how it was in COD4. I don't have a problem with that or quick draw doesn't affect snipers. A sniper rifle should not out ADS a reg gun.  Maybe they could just make a sniper only most pit playlist.

• 43. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion
    T-dubbyf4i

ALmost anyone can quickscope with practice.. It's mostly timing of the shot and some aim

• 44. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion

Wow. Really? 

Again, that's not the argument here.  Of course SOHP made it easier to ADS faster.  Go look at how many views zzirgrizz has on his channel and try to tell me youtube didn't play the biggest part in growing the QS community. 

Yes, I understand your logic, and you're right...SOHP did make it more accessible and easier...but kids doing 360s/ladder stalls/pistol switches don't care about SOHP, they care about hitting a shot and putting it on youtube. 

• 45. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion
    rankismet

Cammo_eckert__ wrote:

dude  1  thing  i hate  is  stuck  up  xbox  nubz 

ps3  gas  gots  some bloody  good  stuff  that   xbox

ps3

- blueray

- free  gamplay 

- easer controls

- better  made  stuff  that mircosoft 

xbox  well  what  is  there 

a  dvd  player  as  a disc reader    wow  :/

You forgot... PS3 is better at being hacked to crap.

I have both... take your flames elsewhere...

• 46. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion
    rankismet

Agent Gamer wrote:

Quick scoping...  It can be labeled several different things.  An exploit, all luck, all skill, easy, hard, part of the game, etc.  We can all agree to disagree on what it truely is.  Now ask yourself this question: Would removing quickscoping from Call of Duty benefit the majority of its core players?  Discuss.

Yes.

That was a quick discussion.

... and pointless since IW have ensured QS is a part of MW3.

• 47. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion
    anim4l8u

Here is the bottom line. You cannot snipe without the ability to quickscope. Point being that in BO however TA managed to make it more difficult to QS people still found a way to do it and the only people that really suffered were the genuine snipers.

In COD4, QS was a skill. It was literally possible to snipe quickly provided that you bring up your scope just enough to see the enemy in your crosshairs, held your breath, and pulled the trigger. All in quick succession. Hence the term was developed quick-scope.

In MW2, QS was nothing more than an exploit. SoH Pro allowed for a broken game mechanic in which you didnt even have to bring up your scope to fire a bullet like a laser beam at an enemy. Because it was so easy to pull off, every Tom, **** and Harry that felt like taking an hour to practice finding the sweet spot of just when that happened thought they were all bada$$. It became a joke.

Now we have terms like "hard-scope", which is just dumb. Like the ability to snipe has somehow become unimpressive if it is not done as an exploit. I have always been extremely successful sniping and here is shameless self promotion to prove it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3S1cJh8y-w

In BO, they did whatever they did and sniping feels more like dumb luck than anything else. Point being, you cannot remove the ability to really QS without making real snipers pay for it. So like or hate and I do hate what it has become, it has to be in the game for the sake of the many out there than need sniper rifles to be accurate and hit detection to be on point.

• 48. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion
    jwalk

>Implying theres no way to fix quick-scoping without hurting the 'real sniper'

Yes, there is multiple ways to fix it. QS'ing is nothing more then exploiting ADS/Auto-aim; put in stoppages for those and your G2G. For reference these are just a handful of guesses that could be refined into a better system:

-Slower scope-up speed and/or can't fire while the 'inscope animation' is working

-Continued non-SoH effect on SR's

-Reverse damage of SR's[this wouldn't make much 'sense' but could help](IE: weapon is weak at close range, stronger at mid, great at long and then redrops off; rather then how it's currently working}

-Changes to 'speed' of SR's[wether it's movement, turning, etc]

• 49. Quick Scoping... A Civilized Discussion

anim4l8u wrote:

In MW2, QS was nothing more than an exploit. SoH Pro allowed for a broken game mechanic in which you didnt even have to bring up your scope to fire a bullet like a laser beam at an enemy. Because it was so easy to pull off, every Tom, **** and Harry that felt like taking an hour to practice finding the sweet spot of just when that happened thought they were all bada$$. It became a joke.

But you do ADS, for a split second...the killcam shows that you don't scope in.  It's literally the exact same as CoD4, but with faster ADS.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next