5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 4:07 PM by zzrob RSS

My New Clan Website *NEED FEEDBACK*

I am trying to start a clan called, "RAGE". I just finished my website, "mw3rage.webstarts.com". Please visit this page and give me feedback on my website. Thank You, and best Feedback gets question points.

• My New Clan Website *NEED FEEDBACK*
    dastealth

Ok so I had a quick look at it and I will list some things below.

There is a very bold (strong) colour scheme - the red especially. Try toning it down. Also there is a massive white space around the outside on my display. Try to fill this with a shadow or smooth pattern which compliments the page. Also use the <a href="mailto:....." when putting a contact email. Give yourself more structure to the page as it is very confined. Look around at other clan websites also as they can give you ideas. Here is a http://r3nd.fastneasyweb.com.au/ to my clan. It is by no means perfect but I enjoy using the site

Hey its skwock here! I like your website and agree with the guy above me. Also you should perhaps add more to it. Example: Forums, videos, ect..

I also LOVe dasteath's website and would hope also if he could also give some feedback on my website. Its about 5 months old and i put alot of effort into it!

50CaliberGames.webs.com

dastealth

I really enjoyed looking at your website. It looked fairly professional and well structured. The login features appear to be working well and the backgrounds for each individual page work well. You seem to be on the right track in terms of your clan and its needs. My only questions are - Did you write most of the coding yourself or use the page builder & do your members edit pages themselves?

• Re: My New Clan Website *NEED FEEDBACK*

Sorry to dig up an old post. Agree 100% with da stealth. I am actually in the same clan as da stealth and we are currently going through a new website phase, the new site is at http://www.r3nd.com would appreciate some feedback thanks

• Re: My New Clan Website *NEED FEEDBACK*
      zzrob

They will do you for the short term,  and are a good start to get your clan out there but they offer you no learning along the way, i started playing with websites years before all this site maker stuff, and made my site, if you could call it a site about 10 years ago using windows notepad , then i moved on to MS front page for covenience....learning along the way,  eventually i played with a bit of php among other things....anyway!!! long story short... once you have the knowledge you can make a site to suite your exact needs if not more, and make it look damm sexy too

check for example http://www.zugzwangclan.co.uk/ uses an old version of "webspell" cms heavily modified (backend by me 2 years ago) 

this site is due for the bin as were pretty much done with PC now lol...and i have a habit of wanting to build new sites every year or so, im over due

messing with code is not as necessary as it used to be, you can install the CMS in 5 mins and be up and going ...you don't even have to worry about coding a theme because chances are there will be one to suite you already made, not to mention mods ect

i really do wish you luck and success XD