21 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 10:06 AM by claireclaws RSS

Finally IW is listening to PC gamers wanting decent teamplay!!!!

D0T-C0M

I am just thrilled to death that MW3 will finally return to the MW2 format after the diaster BlackOps was.  BlackOps and its admined controlled dedicated servers ruined it for my friends and I.  From the ego driven childish kicks to the complete control of team switching and autobalance it was a complete disaster.   Also you have admins creating servers in the ranked server list that restrict weapons, perks and equipment where it shouldn't be permitted because those config settings are only configurable in the unranked class of server but they take it upon themselves to enforce it in the server just so that it be ranked.  

I love that MW3 will have the MW2 matchmaking lobby system back but at the same time they have added dedicated servers for the crowd that likes them.  Albiet they are unranked but really have a look at the ranked servers on BlackOps and 80%-90% are really unranked with their custom rules so apparently that's what the majority really wants.

For all those QQing about unranked dedicated servers,  AT LEAST YOU GOT DEDICATED SERVERS,  those that wanted the lobby system in BlackOps WHERE LEFT COMPLETELY HIGH AND DRY!!!!

Ranking is over rated and if you really want to rank up then do in the lobby system thats the bottom line.  Its a much smaller price to pay for you because last year after a month a lot of us chucked Black Ops in the garbage and returned to MW2 eagerly awaiting MW3!!!

peace out

ch33rs

DC

• Finally IW is listening to PC gamers wanting decent teamplay!!!!

Yeah and at least we got mouse support too and they're not forcing us to use a gamepad. Thank the lucky stars, I'm saved, IW is God.

Not. Go tell your overlords that they killed the series you astroturfing twit. You're just as bad as the goons that troll CNN and write up favorable posts for dictatorships. I can understand your logic perfectly, because the servers banned certain weapons, we wanted it unranked anyway. Um...wait what?

• Re: Finally IW is listening to PC gamers wanting decent teamplay!!!!
      D0T-C0M

Hey kid aren't you supposed to be in school?  Stop trolling, my comments are legit and as much as it pains you that is the way IW is going and I completely approve. Brings out mature arguments instead of your childish attacks. 

Yeah, I'm the kid right? What mature arguments? You used "QQ" ffs you shitty troll, you're no beacon of light. You deserve a childish response for an utterly moronic argument. I'll write a proper argument when you can argue worth a damn, your argument holds as much as a soggy paper bag. Now get off the site before your teacher yells at you because you're supposed to be playing Word Munchers instead you stupid toddler.

D0T-C0M

@Mr.Non sorry your so pissed off that you can't put 2 thoughts together.  When you calm down come back and have a sensible debate.

Blah blah blah, I'm pissed off you have those extraordinary mind reading capabilities that you can use to tell I'm mad through a computer screen. U mad bro? U mad? There, see how easy that was? What was your argument again toddler? Oh that's right, you were raging at the community by yourself, forever alone.

Nobody wanted the lobby system but you, troll. Go back to XBox. Black Ops isn't a fail for teamplay, nobody knows what the hell you're talking about because while you complain about irrelevant **** like teamplay being missing in a CoD game (LOL), the rest of us are playing just fine. It's quite obvious you're a noob to the series and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You're probably the kind who rages all round long and blames your entire team for your shitty score but can't hold up yourself worth a damn 1v1. Stop worrying about teamplay and worry about yourself. Speaking of which, how does teamplay work when you're getting dconned because you're too good? Oh wait, you can't answer that because it's never happened to you in MW2.

spidy

IW,TREY or ACTi listening ??? that would be the day

they arent listening ....oh sure they throw in some unranked dedis lol and keep ranked on P2P

now i have to rank-up on some poor kids low spec laptop and 8mb/1mb wireless internet connection

wow that evens out the ranking system ,who in the world told IW thats the WAY!!!

console play mechanics wont work for PC never did never will

sure you will have some matchmaking lobby's again

then again they will be the same lobby's that where controlled by those poor kiddy laptops messing arround with your xp and rankings

D0T-C0M

Nope I never liked consoles sorry but just because someone wants different options than you does not make them a console player.   I've never played nor owned a PS3 or XBox Nice try.

Funny that you say that though because 2 of my friends only played MW2 on PS3 and I got them to switch over to PC and they haven't played PS3 since.  PC is the only way to play COD. 

[pde]paulkersey

lol no it isn't. Not from you, or IW/Treyarch's point of view. I'm not against matchmaking but I am against matchmaking being the only thing properly catered to while dedicated servers get messed over and made uncomfortable by having to create a class every time you join a server or not being able to rank up. Things like this are exclusive to matchmaking only and that's not cool at all. That's a point of selfishness.

IW - "We will do dedicated servers (hehehe), but how uncomfortable can we make them to try and force them to play our console way?"

PC is the only way to play COD if restrictions, laziness and not even trying use a server browser properly, host migration, unequal latency advantage, lag, and having no admins to ban the manipulators is your thing. Then sure. Turning a PC into a console is the only way to play

D0T-C0M

Paul now you feel what I felt when Black Ops came out.  I'm sure IW could have made it less painful but this time around those that wished for ranked dedicated servers will have to hold out another year for BO2 or choose another game.  I truly feel bad that you guys don't get what you wanted but for me personally I have nothing to complain about.

Furthermore it has nothing to do with consolizing the game.  The lobby system can be made more efficient and to me is the better system for a group of friends to just join and play.   It has nothing to do with being able to use a server browser.  It has everything to do with wanting a simple efficient way to play a game the way it was intended (not how some admin wants it to be).   Now if they had lots of 3rd party hosted dedicated servers which the lobby system would use instead of one of the gamers in the lobby, then that would be an option but its not the direction they want to go.  Its either a question of $$$ or because of the new elite system IDK but whatever the reason thats what they have chosen, theres no need to conitnue the infighting because one thing for sure its a business decision.

I say kudos to you D0T for commending IW on their decision with PC's. I completely agree with your assesment of things. It is mildly disappointing to see the PC community up in arms about having dedicated servers unranked. If I was IW I would do the same thing. The game isn't out yet and all we are getting from the PC community on this board (who knows what percentage they actually make up) is people crying about how it is going to be a hackfest like MW2 was. My guess is that IW is pretty confident in their ability to maintain security so that it isn't a hackfest aside from the fact it would be hard for them to police actual ranks on dedicated servers. I for one would not play on the PC if dedicated servers were the only official ranked stats. Simply because I don't want to be at the mercy of someone else's rules. Ultimately though what is the big deal about stats? I think it makes the most sense for IW to do it this way.

[pde]paulkersey

There are 3 main reasons there are complaints here:

-We are not getting much info about dedicated servers as they haven't been proper since CoD4. We are being lied to in relation to being told things would return like CoD4.

-We don't get to rank 'up' and save created classes(?) (which is a confusing word in these forums due to Black Ops) in dedicated servers like in CoD4. Most of us don't care about the leaderboards. We just want servers back to CoD4 status as was said by IW/SH themselves

-Some of us DO want leaderboards and Elite (Ranked Servers), but they want to do it similar to Black Ops, which had dedicated servers (although BO servers wasn't totally default; they were still restrictive and limited). They didn't want to be forced into IWNET again

All of this info is just thrown together sometimes because IW/402 won't come to this forum and answer simple questions and makes this look like the big uproar with MW2 once again.

- What other info is needed for dedicated servers? You can unlock/lock/restrict whatever you want according to Bowling. Having that level of customization and freedom for both legal and illegal hacking should not allow dedicated servers to hold official rankings. It should be an even playing field for all users

- I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to have the ability to save create a classes on a dedicated server, as long as that server is up and running. I would think it is one of the customizable features (allowing "X" amount of create a class spots). This is evidenced by the fact that it is completely customizable. You can't have complete customization without allowing this.

People want to be able to save their progress and I can understand that with regards to class setups. There are several ways to track your stats through 3rd party providers, so do it that way if it's such a concern and play your customizable matches on dedicated servers.

D0T-C0M

1- I do think they are releasing most of the info in regards to dedicated servers just not the info those complaining want to hear. They've told us they will be free stand alone servers that can be run indepently of the game.  They told us that everything will be unlockable by the admin.  They said no to ranked servers.   They hadn't talked about the little things like custom classes but really I'm not sure if that needs to be said because really if the admin controls the unlocks how can you create custom classes?

2- Well if you want COD4 servers that is fine but a large group of us prefer the direction that IW is going.   If you are asking that we return to a COD4 system and no lobby system then you and all those that agree with you will forever have opposing views and opinions to us because we love the lobby system believing that it can be made even better.  Don't forget that you did get 90% what you wanted in the dedicated server they are giving you.

3- I feel your pain about being forced into a system that you hate.  Now you know how I felt in the Black Ops system last year but complaining about it got me no where.  you'll go into the same stages as I did -->  DENIAL -->HATE-->ACCEPTANCE.  This doesn't mean you'll like it but you'll live with it as it is or move on.  Sorry that's the cold hard truth.

[pde]paulkersey

That's my point. Some of the questions we don't have answers to, you're trying to answer them yourself. That's what a lot of people have been here doing and that's not good.

Like I've said in another post, they will answer the Xbox players with even the most smallest details that can be asked 5 times already. We ask about details that are important to us because we need to know if we should spend our money or not. There are people that need to know details from IW themselves because we need to know if we should buy or not.

I'm sorry, but I didn't do like you did with Black Ops. I took mine back to the store unwrapped when people playing the game told me the info I needed. I don't do the denial, hate, acceptance thing that people do today. I'm not one of those.

Don't forget that customers shouldn't be lied to with hype and keywords when they arent really getting that. I'm trying to work with some things but it's only 15 days to go. I want to make it work, but if it isn't right at the end of the day, I can't go through your stages. I'm not THAT accepting.

spidy

its about dishing out unranked servers pretending they have all options

then again they are handicapting the players by removing customslots

so now you have to create your classes every time you connect the server

and dont say cod4 modwarfare had no customslots also

that was almost 5 years ago and brought in by custommods for unranked servers

like your ranks they where developed for unranked servers i belief for cod UO

also IW knows how to implement those things  like the great AC130 or NUKE's developed for modded "unranked "cod4 servers now full features in stock MW2

i wouldnt even mind if i had to unlock or earn weapons on every server i played on

instead of earning them globaly serverhopping