The Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies Android Field Manual
1.1 Level of Detail
Move the Detail Level slider towards Faster if experiencing performance issues on lower spec devices.
1.2 Flight Mode
When playing a Single Player game, set your device to Flight Mode.
1.3 USB Connection
Try to avoid playing the game when your device is connected to a computer via USB.
1.4 Bluetooth Connection
Try to avoid playing the game with Bluetooth connectivity enabled on your device.
Check that you have set your Device Brightness to maximum for optimal viewing, this can be found in your Device’s Settings
2. Multiplayer \ Online
2.1 Connection Type and Multiplayer mode
Selecting connection type:
• Selecting “local WiFi” allows local play with other players who connected on the same WiFi network.
Selecting multiplayer mode:
• Selecting “single map” allows you to choose a map and then repeatedly play it in multi-player.
• Selecting “map vote” allows all connected players to vote for the map they would like to play in multiplayer.
2.2 Playing Co-Op Multiplayer
Once Single Map or Map Vote is selected, the map and list of players is displayed. If map vote was selected players will also be able to vote on the map they would like to play – after a short countdown game play will begin on the map that received the most votes.
2.3 Multiplayer Game Version
Multiplayer connections can only be made between equivalent game versions, always update your game to latest version to ensure compatibility of the game.
2.4 System Alerts and Disconnection
If you receive a system alert (low battery for example) while playing an online game you may lose connection.
2.5 Multiplayer Re-Connection
If connection to a multiplayer game is lost, a reconnection can be attempted by selecting "Re-Join last disconnected session" from the CO-OP Multiplayer menu.
2.6 WiFi Connection
When playing local multiplayer, all players will need to be connected to the same WiFi network – it is strongly advised that devices are set to “forget” any other nearby “known” WiFi networks. Also, all players should be connected to the same router and/or be on the same subnetwork.
3. Gameplay Tips
3.1 Killing enemies and spending points
Killing enemies will earn you points, you will also receive points for inflicting damage. The final score awarded for kills depends on where the enemy was shot – go for the head to earn more points!
You can spend points on new features and equipment like weapons, opening new areas of the map, activating traps and gaining perks.
3.2 Buying weapons and opening new areas of the map
New weapons can be bought from the chalk outlines seen on walls, doors and other obstructions can be opened giving access to new areas of the map, these new areas will contain stronger weapons and new features.
Only 2 weapons can be held at once (not including grenades or melee weapons) – when a weapon is bought it will replace the one currently held.
Be careful, opening new areas of the map also gives zombies new entrances in which to enter the level.
3.3 Repairing barriers and restoring power
Zombies become a threat by breaking through barriers and climbing into the same rooms as the player, approach a broken barrier and repair it to slow down the next wave of zombies – repairing barriers also earns points.
A special switch that restores power to the level can be found on each map, restoring power opens up new areas and features in the map - finding and activating this switch is an important factor in gaining a high score.
3.4 Mystery Boxes and upgrading weapons with Pack-a-Punch
Active mystery boxes can be opened (for a price) as soon as they are found, mystery boxes will award the player with a random weapon – often powerful weapons can be found that are not available on the walls as chalk outlines.
Any standard weapon in the game (regardless if it was bought from a chalk outline or obtained from a mystery box) can be upgraded by inserting it into a Pack-a-Punch machine.
Upgraded weapons are powerful and an important factor in surviving for longer and earning higher scores.
On occasion a mystery box may contain a teddy bear instead of a weapon, if a teddy bear is found the mystery box will vanish and re-appear elsewhere in the map – players need to locate the mystery box if they intend to continue using it.
Traps can only be used once power has been restored to the level, once activated traps can kill nearby enemies, some traps can also harm players so be careful not get caught in them yourself!
Sometimes enemies will drop bonus pickups after they are killed; collecting these pickups will award players with a temporary bonus:
• Double Points: All points gained are doubled for a limited time.
• Insta-Kill: All enemies will die from a single hit for a limited time.
• Nuke: Kills all enemies when collected.
• Max Ammo: Replenishes ammunition in all held weapons.
• Carpenter: Automatically repairs all damaged barricades in the current map.
• Fire Sale: For a limited time mystery boxes will appear all around the map. The cost of all mystery boxes and traps is also reduced.
3.7 Last Stand
In multiplayer, if players receive too much damage they will fall to the floor and enter “last stand” mode instead of dying immediately.
In last stand mode, you can crawl slowly and use a pistol to defend yourself, co-op partners can help you back to your feet but will be vulnerable during the revival process – if you remain in last stand for too long you will eventually die.
It’s possible to benefit from last stand in single player too, this is done by drinking the Quick-Revive perk during gameplay – in single player the Quick-Revive perk can only be used 3 times.
Perks are bought from the various Perk-A-Cola machines found around each map, power must be restored before Perk-A-Cola machines can be used (except Quick-Revive in single player).
Perks award the player with special abilities which last until the player is knocked down or killed.
Multiple perks can be used at once.
• Jugger-nog: Increases the amount of damage the player can receive.
• Quick Revive: Enables the use of last stand in single player, enables quicker team-mate revives in co-operative multiplayer.
• Speed Cola: Increases the speed of weapon reloads.
• Double Tap Root Beer: Increases the rate of fire on weapons
• Stamin-Up: Increases the speed and duration of the player’s ability to sprint.
• PHD Flopper: Negates damage received from falling long distances and being too close to explosive blasts.
4. Dead Ops Arcade
4.1 Killing enemies and earning points
Shooting and killing enemies will earn you points, score enough points and you’ll be awarded with an extra life.
4.2 Treasure and the score multiplier
During the course of game play treasure will appear in the environment, collecting treasure earns score but also contributes to increasing your score multiplier.
The score multiplier begins at x1, once enough treasure is collected it will increment to x2 effectively doubling all points that you earn – larger score multipliers make it easier to earn points and also extra lives.
The largest score multiplier that can be earned is x9 – the multiplier is reset when you lose a life.
4.3 Special Moves
2 additional special moves are available at the player’s disposal during game play:
• Tactical Bomb: Activating a tactical bomb will immediately destroy all enemies in the environment, tactical bombs are best saved until many enemies are on-screen.
• Speed Boost: Activating a speed boost will quickly boost the player across the screen killing any enemies in their path, speed boosts are best used when the player finds themselves surrounded or in a tight spot.
Special moves have limited stock and can only be used a set number of times, you’ll need to look out and collect more bombs and speed boosts once you have run out.
Many bonus pickups are available in Dead Ops, pickups come in many different forms and equip the player with short term weapons or aids – pickups need to be used regularly and effectively to succeed in Dead Ops Arcade:
• Spas 12: Automatic shot gun with wide fire arc
• Death Machine: Heavy automatic weapon dealing additional damage
• RPG-7: Explosive rockets causing high damage
• China Lake: Short range grenade launcher causing high damage
• Raygun: High Power laser weapon, each projectile ricochets when colliding with the environment
• Battle Chicken: Temporarily doubles the player’s firepower (multiple chickens can be collected at once increasing firepower even more)
• Fast Boots: Enables the player to move faster
• Sentry Gun: Automated gun turret which independently tracks and fires at enemies
• Oil Drums: Provides the player with a temporary rotating shield which can kill enemies on contact
• Teddy Bear: A special shield which can freeze or deflect incoming enemies on contact
• Electric Orb: 4-part rotating electricity shield with the potential to kill many enemies with a chain reaction on contact
• Monkey Bomb: Trap which lures in enemies before exploding and killing them
• Helicopter: Awards player with attack helicopter
• Tank: Awards player with Tank
• Nuke: Awards player with an additional tactical bomb
• Lightning Bolt: Awards the player with an extra speed boost
• Extra Life: Awards the player with 1 extra life
4.5 Bonus Rooms
Look out for special bonus rooms as you progress through the rounds, you never know what you might find...
5. In App Purchases
In order for your device to purchase consumable goods from within the title your Android OS version must be 2.3.4 or above.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies is now available for Android! Experience Zombies on the go with a fully replicated Kino der Toten and 50 levels of the cult-favorite Dead Ops Arcade.