43 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 10:10 AM by Horrorman RSS

    Oktoberfest !?

      you ever heard about the german Oktoberfest !? it´s one of the biggest happenings in germany...
      so i´m curious if you guys know the Oktoberfest, or maybe some of you where already there !?

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest

      Member
      Horrorman
        • Test #1
          Re: Oktoberfest !?
          Is it something to do with beer?
          Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 12:42 AM
          • Test #1
            Re: Oktoberfest !?

            Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

             

            Is it something to do with beer?



            yea amongst others...
            Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 12:46 AM
            • Test #1
              Re: Oktoberfest !?

              Horrorman wrote:

               

              Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

               

              Is it something to do with beer?



              yea amongst others...



              5 stars (thread) just coz your horrorman
              Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 12:49 AM
              • Test #1
                Re: Oktoberfest !?

                Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

                 

                Horrorman wrote:

                 

                Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

                 

                Is it something to do with beer?



                yea amongst others...



                5 stars (thread) just coz your horrorman



                thanks :P
                Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 12:59 AM
                • Test #1
                  Re: Oktoberfest !?
                  Never heard of it. But it looks like one hell of a party/festival.
                  Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 1:28 AM
                  • Test #1
                    Re: Oktoberfest !?

                    Trinity30! wrote:

                     

                    Never heard of it. But it looks like one hell of a party/festival.




                    yea it is  i was there a few times :P
                    Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 1:52 AM
                    • Test #1
                      Re: Oktoberfest !?
                      its one of the things i must do before i die thats for sure.
                      Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 1:55 AM
                      • Test #1
                        Re: Oktoberfest !?
                        Even in Finland we know what Oktoberfest is

                        Man,you germans are awersome,getting drunk as hell just because the crops went well
                        Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 3:53 AM
                        • Test #1
                          Re: Oktoberfest !?
                          i know about it and i wish i could go to it
                          Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 3:55 AM
                          • Test #1
                            Re: Oktoberfest !?
                            We have a HUGEOktoberfest celebration where i live in Kitchener, Ontario. I actually supply the Oktoberfest at the Concordia club with a bunch of stuff every year. Its a really fun time..good beer, great food, fun times.

                            some people think the music and stuff is cheesy...but trust me if you haven't experienced it..you have no idea how much of a blast it actually is.

                            http://www.oktoberfest.ca/

                            Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 4:07 AM
                            • Test #1
                              Re: Oktoberfest !?
                              yea indeed, that looks amazing aswell  

                              Raven473 wrote:

                               

                              its one of the things i must do before i die thats for sure.


                              you won´t be disappointed

                              AlphaTech wrote:

                               

                              Even in Finland we know what Oktoberfest is

                              Man,you germans are awersome,getting drunk as hell just because the crops went well


                              yea true dat
                              Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 4:11 AM
                              • Test #1
                                Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                i live in la crosse, wi and we have a big festival for octoberfest too its the bomb
                                Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 4:41 AM
                                • Test #1
                                  Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                  I lived in Mainz for two years, love Germany and the culture. Ocktoberfest is der bomb!!!!
                                  Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 4:41 AM
                                  • Test #1
                                    Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                    Horrorman wrote:

                                     

                                    Trinity30! wrote:

                                     

                                    Never heard of it. But it looks like one hell of a party/festival.




                                    yea it is  i was there a few times :P




                                    Except he didn't remember it
                                    Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 4:42 AM
                                    • Test #1
                                      Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                      We have a local oktoberfest every year here in Delaware. Not exactly the same but we do get some great beers most have probably never had before. Food + beer + music = always a good time.
                                      Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 6:27 AM
                                      • Test #1
                                        Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                        Actual Oktoberfest used to be just one big festival in Munich but now it's basically the entire country just celebrates for a few weeks. All bars/cafe's have specials like 2 beers and some sausage stuff for 5 bucks...etc and they supply "oktoberfest beer" everywhere. It runs from the middle of September to the first weekend of October. I was in Germany 3 years ago from mid September to mid October and literally everywhere I went there was Oktoberfest signs. One place even had 72 ounce cups of beer for a just a few Euros. Great times
                                        Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 6:47 AM
                                        • Test #1
                                          Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                          Horrorman wrote:

                                           

                                          you ever heard about the german Oktoberfest !? it´s one of the biggest happenings in germany...
                                          so i´m curious if you guys know the Oktoberfest, or maybe some of you where already there !?

                                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest



                                          I lived in Germany for 6 years so I know of it i just stupidly never went.  I was in the British Army and based near to Hannover so it was a fair old drive to Munich.
                                          Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 7:01 AM
                                          • Test #1
                                            Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                            Hell Yeah! I love OKTOBERFEST!!! Getting drunk and get surrounded by a bunch of sausages...wait, does that sound gay?





                                            Love Oktoberfest.:smile:
                                            Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 7:06 AM
                                            • Test #1
                                              Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                              Every day is Oktoberfest in my life.

                                              "Its Da beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
                                              Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 7:59 AM
                                              • Test #1
                                                Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                Sgt Elias 207 wrote:

                                                 

                                                I lived in Mainz for two years, love Germany and the culture. Ocktoberfest is der bomb!!!!


                                                yea it is der Bomb

                                                hqWeedEater wrote:

                                                 

                                                We have a local oktoberfest every year here in Delaware. Not exactly the same but we do get some great beers most have probably never had before. Food + beer + music = always a good time.


                                                im really amazed that a lot of US guys have something similar like the Oktoberfest

                                                reaper2792 wrote:

                                                 

                                                Actual Oktoberfest used to be just one big festival in Munich but now it's basically the entire country just celebrates for a few weeks. All bars/cafe's have specials like 2 beers and some sausage stuff for 5 bucks...etc and they supply "oktoberfest beer" everywhere. It runs from the middle of September to the first weekend of October. I was in Germany 3 years ago from mid September to mid October and literally everywhere I went there was Oktoberfest signs. One place even had 72 ounce cups of beer for a just a few Euros. Great times


                                                true dat

                                                wr1500 wrote:

                                                 

                                                I lived in Germany for 6 years so I know of it i just stupidly never went.  I was in the British Army and based near to Hannover so it was a fair old drive to Munich.



                                                damned, you really missed something :sad:

                                                Hornswoggled wrote:

                                                 

                                                Hell Yeah! I love OKTOBERFEST!!! Getting drunk and get surrounded by a bunch of sausages...wait, does that sound gay?
                                                Love Oktoberfest.:smile:


                                                me too :P and it doesn´t sound gay
                                                Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 8:36 AM
                                                • Test #1
                                                  Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                  hey Kiefdong there is already a thread about Oktoberfest...look here
                                                  Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 10:12 PM
                                                  • Test #1
                                                    Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                    Horrorman wrote:

                                                     

                                                    you ever heard about the german Oktoberfest !? it´s one of the biggest happenings in germany...
                                                    so i´m curious if you guys know the Oktoberfest, or maybe some of you where already there !?

                                                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest


                                                    Dude, everybody in the world, including the United States, is aware of Oktoberfest.  Ja ja. ;D
                                                    Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 10:16 PM
                                                    • Test #1
                                                      Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                      Horrorman wrote:

                                                       

                                                      Sgt Elias 207 wrote:

                                                       

                                                      I lived in Mainz for two years, love Germany and the culture. Ocktoberfest is der bomb!!!!


                                                      yea it is der Bomb

                                                      hqWeedEater wrote:

                                                       

                                                      We have a local oktoberfest every year here in Delaware. Not exactly the same but we do get some great beers most have probably never had before. Food + beer + music = always a good time.


                                                      im really amazed that a lot of US guys have something similar like the Oktoberfest

                                                      reaper2792 wrote:

                                                       

                                                      Actual Oktoberfest used to be just one big festival in Munich but now it's basically the entire country just celebrates for a few weeks. All bars/cafe's have specials like 2 beers and some sausage stuff for 5 bucks...etc and they supply "oktoberfest beer" everywhere. It runs from the middle of September to the first weekend of October. I was in Germany 3 years ago from mid September to mid October and literally everywhere I went there was Oktoberfest signs. One place even had 72 ounce cups of beer for a just a few Euros. Great times


                                                      true dat

                                                      wr1500 wrote:

                                                       

                                                      I lived in Germany for 6 years so I know of it i just stupidly never went.  I was in the British Army and based near to Hannover so it was a fair old drive to Munich.



                                                      damned, you really missed something :sad:

                                                      Hornswoggled wrote:

                                                       

                                                      Hell Yeah! I love OKTOBERFEST!!! Getting drunk and get surrounded by a bunch of sausages...wait, does that sound gay?
                                                      Love Oktoberfest.:smile:


                                                      me too :P and it doesn´t sound gay




                                                              Many of our towns and cities were settled by German Immigrants, we are the melting pot of the world. My great grandparents were german and many Americans have German Heritage.
                                                      Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 11:10 PM
                                                      • Test #1
                                                        Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                        Hmm, Horrorman, is there a lot of arrests and fights in Oktoberfest? It just seems like something which would attract that sort of behaviour, especially with drunk people.
                                                        Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 11:26 PM
                                                        • Test #1
                                                          Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                          Trinity30! wrote:

                                                           

                                                          Hmm, Horrorman, is there a lot of arrests and fights in Oktoberfest? It just seems like something which would attract that sort of behaviour, especially with drunk people.



                                                          no not really, only a few ones...but there is a lot of police there to prevent such things :P
                                                          Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 11:28 PM
                                                          • Test #1
                                                            Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                            I heard of it, and I wanna go.
                                                            Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 11:29 PM
                                                            • Test #1
                                                              Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                              Horrorman wrote:

                                                               

                                                              Trinity30! wrote:

                                                               

                                                              Hmm, Horrorman, is there a lot of arrests and fights in Oktoberfest? It just seems like something which would attract that sort of behaviour, especially with drunk people.



                                                              no not really, only a few ones...but there is a lot of police there to prevent such things :P



                                                              Ah ok, so long as I don't wake up in an alley with broken bones and limbs. I would enjoy it.
                                                              Last Edited: Sep 25, 2009 11:40 PM
                                                              • Test #1
                                                                Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                i would love to go atleast once..
                                                                Last Edited: Sep 26, 2009 8:09 AM
                                                                • Test #1
                                                                  Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                  My brother has been there (we live just 50 kilometers from the german border) he said it was awesome
                                                                  Last Edited: Sep 30, 2009 12:12 PM
                                                                  • Test #1
                                                                    Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                    Oktoberfest happens every year, it runs from the last weekend in September thru October 31st. I attended a Oktobertfest gathering in Huntington Beach california this past Saturday. Beer, Beer, some brats, and more frik'n beer. The beer babe's are frik'n the stuff of dreams
                                                                    Last Edited: Sep 30, 2009 12:17 PM
                                                                    • Test #1
                                                                      Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                      Happy Oktoberfest!

                                                                      A week of getting drunk begins!
                                                                      Last Edited: Sep 19, 2010 5:35 AM
                                                                      • Test #1
                                                                        Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                        We have a massive Oktoberfest celebration near me In Kitchener, Ontario every year. 
                                                                        http://www.oktoberfest.ca/
                                                                        ..a Great parade, beer halls, amazing German food, schnitzel, sausages ,sauerkraut and a whole list of other Nom nom's..good music and great times.. Not to mention massive beer halls filled with some cuties

                                                                        i usually go to the Concordia Club for a few nights of over indulgence...
                                                                        Last Edited: Sep 19, 2010 6:02 AM
                                                                        • Test #1
                                                                          Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                          O'zapft is - The Octoberfest has started again   I remember this thread    Just yesterday when this years Octoberfest started again, I was thinking about to bump this thread.
                                                                          This time a Mass Beer do cost 8,90 Euro, and you are not allowed to smoke in the Beer Tends anymore. WTF
                                                                          Last Edited: Sep 19, 2010 8:37 AM
                                                                          • Test #1
                                                                            Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                            i live in la crosse, wi which is home of one of the biggest oktoberfest's in the country! and home of the worlds largest six pack
                                                                            Last Edited: Sep 19, 2010 9:26 AM
                                                                            • Test #1
                                                                              Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                              Horror be sure that you have some braincells left after the fest. 
                                                                              Last Edited: Sep 19, 2010 11:00 AM
                                                                              • Test #1
                                                                                Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                                                DanielWW2 wrote:

                                                                                 

                                                                                Horror be sure that you have some braincells left after the fest. 



                                                                                hmmm what braincells !?   
                                                                                Last Edited: Sep 19, 2010 11:35 AM
                                                                                • Test #1
                                                                                  Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                                  So, what do you do Horror?

                                                                                  Do you join in the outside Festivities or just stay in the bar with your friends?
                                                                                  Last Edited: Sep 19, 2010 11:51 AM
                                                                                  • Test #1
                                                                                    Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                                                    Hornswoggled wrote:

                                                                                     

                                                                                    So, what do you do Horror?

                                                                                    Do you join in the outside Festivities or just stay in the bar with your friends?



                                                                                    I can´t go this year to Munich, but something similar is starting in my city next week, and be sure about i´m there 

                                                                                    this is the link for english speaking ones 

                                                                                    http://www.cannstatter-volksfest.de/index.php?id=2&L=1
                                                                                    Last Edited: Sep 19, 2010 12:43 PM
                                                                                    • Test #1
                                                                                      Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                                      me and my wife are trying to make a trip to the fest in munich i've heard so many great things i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                      Last Edited: Sep 22, 2010 10:56 AM
                                                                                      • Test #1
                                                                                        Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                                        Who's ready for Sausages!

                                                                                        ...wait, that didn't come out right.

                                                                                        Last Edited: Sep 26, 2011 8:42 AM
                                                                                        • Test #1
                                                                                          Re: Oktoberfest !?
                                                                                          I'm thinking of going to an Oktoberfest this year.
                                                                                          I had my first German ale yesterday.  

                                                                                          Last Edited: Sep 26, 2011 8:44 AM
                                                                                          • Test #1
                                                                                            Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                                                            Dont_Shoot_me23 wrote:

                                                                                             



                                                                                            5 stars (thread)


                                                                                            *Crys*
                                                                                            Last Edited: Sep 26, 2011 8:57 AM
                                                                                            • Test #1
                                                                                              Re: Oktoberfest !?

                                                                                              GoNavy_09 wrote:

                                                                                               

                                                                                              I'm thinking of going to an Oktoberfest this year.
                                                                                              I had my first German ale yesterday.  



                                                                                              And do you liked it !?
                                                                                              Last Edited: Sep 26, 2011 10:10 AM