Are you interested in socializing with Black Ops players your age but haven't been able to "weed out" all the adolescent players? Have you been unable to join traditional, time-consuming clans because, being responsible adult, you have had to juggle your free time with going to college, taking care of children, or being employed in a full time job? In short, are you interested in an online experience akin to "shooting the bull" with a group of drinking buddies? If so, then Black Ops Gunslingers is the right place for you!
We are fortunate to have over 1,600 adults registered on our homepage, and Call of Duty Friend Codes, PSNs, Game Tags, and Steam ID Master Lists that are literally growing by the week.
We have a large collection of parents,college students, working men (and women) members from around the world. We are excited for Call of Duty: Black Ops on all its platforms, and we are enjoying previous Call of Duty chapters as we wait for its release!
Click http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb to view our extensive Call of Duty contact lists.
If you would like to join the club, you need only to fulfill two things:
- 1.) Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- 2.) Register your membership at our forum: http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb
That's it! We don't ask for resumes, kill/death ratios, probation periods, or any other sort of silliness. You just want to have fun, right? So do we! If you would like to learn more about membership with the Gunslingers, feel free to visit our "Membership" page of at our website:
We like to ascribe the Gunslinger experience akin to having drinks with some buds after work or partying with them on the weekends. Nothing stops the music faster than a few knuckleheads, so we do have a few guidelines we expect people to follow during their stay:
- -Pornographic and/or obscene material is prohibited.
- -Self promotion by new members will likely be treated as spam. This includes promotion of own non-commercial websites.
- -No personal attacks on other members or various sorts of offensive behavior is allowed.
- -No glitching/hacking/cheating. We define such as purposefully accessing the game's programming or abusing a flaw in the programming to achieve an act or status that is not intended or possible otherwise.
The Gunslingers experience is as simple and non intrusive as joining up with other adults your own age and playing some Call of Duty: Black Ops at your convenience. For those of you who like to take part in activities, events, and communications beyond that simple formula, we offer several popular, optional features as well:
Forum ~we discuss everything under the sun within our extensive forums~
Chat ~we use our multiple chats to find out when members are playing, exchange contact information, or for some friendly chit-chat~ http://www.gunslingergaming.com/html/chat.html
Frosty Pints ~our infamous Friday and Saturday get-togethers fueled by booze~
Tournament Sundays ~A different game tournament every Sunday at 3pm Pacific with prizes~
Bar Leagues ~Battle for the title of The Keeper of Das Boot with other casual adults~
Event Calendar ~Our handy calendar that lets you view and sign up for Gunslinger Events~
Arcade ~Play classic arcade games such as Frogger and Pac-Man with GS member exclusive leaderboards~
Blog ~Read interviews given exclusively to the Gunslingers~
...and much, much more!
A frequently asked questions section has been added to the end of this post to help address questions by new members. Below are the questions we most often hear. Contact any GS Leader if your question has not been addressed below.
1. Are you all really adults who play COD?
-Yes. We are all at least 18 years of age or older. Every friend code for the game and every feature or event we host is exclusively for mature gamers.
2. What do I need to do to join?
-Just be at least 18 years of age and register an account in our forums. That's it!
3. Do you have a KDR requirement?
-Nope. Just come to have a good time.
4. Do Gunslinger members voice chat with each other?
-Yes, we do, and quite often. Aside from in-game mic systems, we also use Skype, which is free download software. If Skype is not possible, we also directly offer Voice Chat that has no big software downloads and no log-in requirements.
5. Is Voice Communication required?
-No. Personally I like to strategize, yell with or simply gab with other members while playing, but some members like to keep the mic off and just shoot. Whatever you prefer!
6. Do I need to quit my present clan to be part of Gunslingers?
-No. Never. Gunslingers is a nonexclusive community experience.
7. If I am also part of another clan, am I still a full fledged GS member?
-Yes. Absolutely. Every member of Gunslingers enjoys the same benefits and access to features and events.
8. What is the best browser to use while visiting http://www.gunslingergaming.com?
-Our clan's homesite works well in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. We do urge people to keep up to date with your browser updates because versions, particularly with Firefox, which has had issues with displaying i-framed flash applications.
9. How many members comprise the Gunslingers?
-Currently, the entire Gunslingers community has over 800 registered members.
10. Am I going to have problems finding people to game with at your clan during the times I play if I am not based from the United States?
-We have members from England, Australia, Ireland, Scotland, Mexico, Canada, Finland, Denmark....well, you get the idea. While the founder of the Gunslingers is based out of the United States, many of our members are from all over the globe. As one of our new members once exclaimed, "We are the clan that never sleeps!"