1 25 26 27 28 29 Previous Next 289 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2011 9:23 AM by SPAS-Man Go to original post RSS
      • 280. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
        KON5OQU3NCE
        First of all I want to thank you so very much for taking the time and consideration to adress us players on the topic. You are making leaps and bounds towards bringing gaming to a respected medium that has community/developer interaction on a scale never before seen in another medium.

Now to the topic at hand.

I must say that the best you could hope for is something similar to that of Halo's MLG playlist. The more important rules are more or less followed and the less important rules are sacrificed for the sake of the community to enjoy the playlist.

Thank you for your time,

Trev
        • 281. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
          JulietAlphaGolf
          Definitely choose Stadium.  It's the most balanced map and is really the only one that works in a 4v4 match.

EnVioUs_ wrote:

xXAaronRodgersXx wrote:

Bump.

People need to respond to Vahn's post so that they can work on the playlist. If you dont, then dont ***** about which maps they end up sticking us with since you didnt vote on it.

No point to vote on maps that no GB/MLG player would want in the playlist. Don't make the playlist unless you can do it with MLG maps/rules.

DLC maps are not a reason to not include the playlist.  I will just delete the map pack from the dashboard so I don't have to play those maps (and then redownload later for zombies).  A lot of MLG players never even bothered to buy the map pack as the maps will never be apart of the rules, so I don't imagine this will affect a lot of people.

greencoffin72 wrote:

MLG playlists =          

My opinion.

Create a DLC for those who want to compete.  The majority of gamers DO NOT COMPETE.

Leaderboards are the casual gamer's competition.

I don't want to sound like a jerk calling you out, but you have posted in this thread giving your opinion multiple times now.  We don't need a big flame war clogging up the thread even more.  You are obviously not interested in MLG so your opinions on how the playlist should/could operate are kind of irrelevant.
          • 282. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
            resistflags
            All you need

Respawn delay
            In objective game modes it would be a MLG playlist to me then or a major improvement on the game
            • 283. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
              I understand that this would be a risk but I hope very much that you as a developer are willing to take it.  The most important aspects to have that are frustrating about public games is respawn delay (non for dom and 15 sec incremental spawn for ctf) and flak jaket because nades are such an important part of competitive.  I just wanted to voice my support for the playlist.
              • 284. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion

Vahn wrote:

Hello,

Just to catch up.

It's not realistic to expect people to understand how the game works unless you work on the game. The cost of constantly explaining how the game works is time prohibitive. Suffice to say, and I've said it over and over again, Custom Games for Private Match and Lan play have nothing to do with play lists and vice-versus.

DLC maps must be in any competitive playlist. Non DLC owners won't see them (just like how playlists work normally).

From First Strike pick one map for each of these game modes.

CTF
                Domination
                Search and Destroy

CTF - Stadium

Domination - Discovery

Search and Destroy - Kowloon

Answer with only 1 map for each game mode. Must be a First Strike map.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

• 285. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                  aksaimbot
                  havent got much time to speak, but i wanted to say this needs to be done. allmost my entire friends list consists of competitive gamers, and i know for a fact 90% of them do not play public games for the one reason of the lack of competition and the ability to use equipment and vairios other perks/attatchments ect. i personally would love to reach 15th prestige, and ive probably played the game enoght to do so, but im 5th prestige and staying hear because i cant bring myself to play public. i hope you can sort out some compromise in coding ect to bring a MLG playlist to all of us competitive gamers.
                  • 286. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                    sRzy
                    Yes just yes. Add more to the community. Especially to the people that play competitively.
                    • 287. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                      XxReggieKushxX

JulietAlphaGolf wrote:

Definitely choose Stadium.  It's the most balanced map and is really the only one that works in a 4v4 match.

EnVioUs_ wrote:

xXAaronRodgersXx wrote:

Bump.

People need to respond to Vahn's post so that they can work on the playlist. If you dont, then dont ***** about which maps they end up sticking us with since you didnt vote on it.

No point to vote on maps that no GB/MLG player would want in the playlist. Don't make the playlist unless you can do it with MLG maps/rules.

DLC maps are not a reason to not include the playlist.  I will just delete the map pack from the dashboard so I don't have to play those maps (and then redownload later for zombies).  A lot of MLG players never even bothered to buy the map pack as the maps will never be apart of the rules, so I don't imagine this will affect a lot of people.

greencoffin72 wrote:

MLG playlists =          

My opinion.

Create a DLC for those who want to compete.  The majority of gamers DO NOT COMPETE.

Leaderboards are the casual gamer's competition.

I don't want to sound like a jerk calling you out, but you have posted in this thread giving your opinion multiple times now.  We don't need a big flame war clogging up the thread even more.  You are obviously not interested in MLG so your opinions on how the playlist should/could operate are kind of irrelevant.

The objective points are poorly placed on stadium. The team that spawns by the stadium (A Flag side) will have a harder time capturing/destroying the objective on the "C Flag" side, as it is out in the open.

And why won't this thread die?
                      • 288. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion

Vahn wrote:

Hello,

From First Strike pick one map for each of these game modes.

CTF
                        Domination
                        Search and Destroy

Answer with only 1 map for each game mode. Must be a First Strike map.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

CTF on Berlin Wall
                        Domination on Discovery
                        Search and Destroy on Stadium

• 289. Re: "MLG Playlist" - Full discussion
                          SPAS-Man
                          That sounds like a great idea. But If i were to have a playlist removed it would be Team Tactical. I don't really play that.

Good luck and have a nice day

Keep it cool

Yours truly SPAS-Man.
                          1 25 26 27 28 29 Previous Next