4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2011 8:52 AM by anoreo RSS

EB Games 1 year no fuse $3.00 Guaranty change.

iwarega
      EB games one year $3.00 no fuse guaranty has changed. They only cover scratched discs only. Any cracked or broken discs will not be replaced anymore. EB games manager explained to me that the reason is, they can not resurface the disc to resell it. That's why, when you buy a new game, they try to sell you their guaranty, with out giving you the heads up. I found out myself first hand, when I showed up with a problem. Please advise friends  of the policy change.

Just keeping it real Iwan787878
        • Re: EB Games 1 year no fuse $3.00 Guaranty change.
          starbuckfrack

IWarega wrote:

EB games one year $3.00 no fuse guaranty has changed. They only cover scratched discs only. Any cracked or broken discs will not be replaced anymore. EB games manager explained to me that the reason is, they can not resurface the disc to resell it. That's why, when you buy a new game, they try to sell you their guaranty, with out giving you the heads up. I found out myself first hand, when I showed up with a problem. Please advise friends  of the policy change.

Normally I would whine this was off topic...

I dont pay for that stuff anyway. THANKS !

10 years ago my wife opted to pay the extended warranty for our furniture. Later they said a tear wasnt big enough for a scratch. When it was big enough they say we had to ship the whole thing to their repair center even though it was just the cushion that was torn.

Case being they tell you one thing to get your money. Once they get your money they tell you to read the fine print when you make a claim. The wording on the small print is just perfectly worded so that it means two thins. One version of what you THINK it means and one version of what THEY KNOW it means.

Check the Website to see if the change is there. Then make sure the salesmen dont preach to you that BROKEN is still covered. Check the signs in the store, see what they say.

I think they pulled the old switcheroo on you.
            iwarega
            Have you ever thought of doing stand up comedy? That's funny.
              maccabi
              guess they got fed up replacing disks that mothers bought in due to thier precocious ritalin starved offspring snapping after a rage quit dashboard
                anoreo

starbuckfrack wrote:

IWarega wrote:

Normally I would whine this was off topic...

I dont pay for that stuff anyway. THANKS !

10 years ago my wife opted to pay the extended warranty for our furniture. Later they said a tear wasnt big enough for a scratch. When it was big enough they say we had to ship the whole thing to their repair center even though it was just the cushion that was torn.

Case being they tell you one thing to get your money. Once they get your money they tell you to read the fine print when you make a claim. The wording on the small print is just perfectly worded so that it means two thins. One version of what you THINK it means and one version of what THEY KNOW it means.

Check the Website to see if the change is there. Then make sure the salesmen dont preach to you that BROKEN is still covered. Check the signs in the store, see what they say.

I think they pulled the old switcheroo on you.

Nobody can read fine print better than a civil court judge :P