27 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 7:54 PM by daisy1212 RSS

    Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

      Lately I have been playing Black Ops and most of the people who play now just use Ghost and just Camp. It pretty much makes this game obsolete especially a lot of the Kill-Streaks are useless. Using spy plane and other forms of aerial attacks are useless. The only good perks really are Counter- Spy Plane, RC-XD, Blackbird, Attack Dogs, and Valkyrie Missiles. While the other Kill-Streaks are useless since a lot of people are Camping with Ghost. This should be fixed in some way possible because I like playing TDM but when an entire team uses Ghost and Hacker and Camp it really is hard to find anyone to kill.

      People most common perks used are Ghost, Sleight of hand, and Hacker
      The guns most used are Famas, Aug, Ak-47, and Galil with Suppressors attached to each
      Secondary could be anything
      Then you got people either using Motion Sensor or Claymore
      This is just an example of what most people use now a lot of the variety of weapons using has gone down. I myself still use any perks, guns, and attachment to try something new.

      Ghost camping has just gone to the point where I just want to sell this game back but I love playing zombies. The other day I decided to playing MW2 I saw the problem with that game everyone was just Noob Tubing
      They just use One Man Army over and over again just to Noob Tube. I think One Man Army is a great perk hopefully in MW3 they make it so that Grenade Launchers are unable to be resupplied.

      Still though in MW2 not many people used Ghost and Suppressors which was great but MW2 mistake was Unlimited Noob Tubing and Kill-streak Stacking which made a lot of Campers.

      While in Black Ops people use Ghost and Camp so they can just get their Kill-Streaks since they can't Kill-streak Stack in this game.
      Member
        • Test #1
          Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
          Can't wait for MW3. MW2 wasn't a camper's paradise, which made easy targets for me. Not to mention FLak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Sleight of Hand Pro break the game
          Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 4:45 PM
          • Test #1
            Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

            An Oreo wrote:

             

            Can't wait for MW 2.5. MW2 wasn't a camper's paradise, which made easy targets for me. Not to mention FLak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Sleight of Hand Pro break the game



            /fixed
            Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 4:49 PM
            • Test #1
              Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
              Its not MW2.5..
              you do understand the PURPOSELY went for it to look like mw2 and cod4....
              Thats what everyone, INCLUDING you is going to pay for.
              Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 4:51 PM
              • Test #1
                Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                TheOneWhoNeverShowers wrote:

                 

                An Oreo wrote:

                 

                Can't wait for MW 2.5. MW2 wasn't a camper's paradise, which made easy targets for me. Not to mention FLak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Sleight of Hand Pro break the game



                /fixed


                I never understand why people say that.
                Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 4:51 PM
                • Test #1
                  Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                  To be honest black ops isnt full of campers.  Its full of people complaining of campers. If someone waits for five seconds people think there camping
                  Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 5:09 PM
                  • Test #1
                    Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                    dallasducks1234 wrote:

                     

                    To be honest black ops isnt full of campers.  Its full of people complaining of campers. If someone waits for five seconds people think there camping




                       Thread creator, please quit whining. I've seen too many threads about Ghost and how it is supposedly "overpowered" or makes the game to challenging for red-dot hunters. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm tired of proving Ghost haters wrong. If you really need to post something about Ghost, do it in one of the hundreds of available threads.
                    Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 5:45 PM
                    • Test #1
                      Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                      Brandaman wrote:

                       

                      TheOneWhoNeverShowers wrote:

                       

                      An Oreo wrote:

                       

                      Can't wait for MW 2.5. MW2 wasn't a camper's paradise, which made easy targets for me. Not to mention FLak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Sleight of Hand Pro break the game



                      /fixed


                      I never understand why people say that.



                      Because at first glance it looks a lot like a large expansion of MW2 with more guns.
                      Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 5:47 PM
                      • Test #1
                        Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                        OP please stop ******* about a perfectly fine as is perk. Don't like that your 3 killstreak isn't giving you kills because of ghost? Use Black Bird. Getting killed by someone camping with ghost(Not everyone)? Don't come back dumbass. Getting killed while looking at your radar? Use you eyes. Problems solved.
                        Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 5:50 PM
                        • Test #1
                          Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                          i use ghost pro  soh pro and hacker pro and i rush
                          Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 5:52 PM
                          • Test #1
                            Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                            uhjuk wrote:

                             

                            i use ghost pro  soh pro and hacker pro and i rush



                            Same and im not afraid to be seen on the radar cause I run with Galil Dual Mag. Ghost Pro is just nice for me because I can take out air support and be stealthy. Maybe that is why people are complaining? Because Ghost Users are kicking their ass. :p
                            Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 6:06 PM
                            • Test #1
                              Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                              Jackel. wrote:

                               

                              Brandaman wrote:

                               

                              I never understand why people say that.



                              Because at first glance it looks a lot like a large expansion of MW2 with more guns.


                              doesn't mean it will be true. leave it to haters to jump to conclusions about a game before it's even out. and besides one could say that about ANY sequel.
                              Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 6:12 PM
                              • Test #1
                                Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                                Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 6:28 PM
                                • Test #1
                                  Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                  Godzilla77 wrote:

                                   

                                  Jackel. wrote:

                                   

                                  Brandaman wrote:

                                   

                                  I never understand why people say that.



                                  Because at first glance it looks a lot like a large expansion of MW2 with more guns.


                                  doesn't mean it will be true. leave it to haters to jump to conclusions about a game before it's even out. and besides one could say that about ANY sequel.



                                  If it was MW2.5 then we can say the same thing about every Cod after Cod 4. Cod Mw2 was just Cod 4.5, Cod WaW was Cod 4.5, same with black ops.
                                  Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 6:31 PM
                                  • Test #1
                                    Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                                    Hopefully point streaks won't be as campy as kill streaks.
                                    Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 6:45 PM
                                    • Test #1
                                      Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                                      It seems this problem is spilling into other venues as well.

                                          The sporting goods industry is on its deathbed because of this. Hunters are giving up and not buying new weapons and hunting gear simoly because for some reason wild animals dont show up as giant red dots while they are walking through the woods.
                                         
                                          Football players are threatening to quit because they find it unfair that quarter backs are able to fake a pass and hand off instead.
                                          
                                          The automotive industry is at risk of lawsuits because people are walking out in the streets not looking both ways .... and of course its the auto makers fault because they dont project a big red image of a moving vehcle into the brains of pedestrians.
                                          
                                           Regulation poker games will soon be required to use cards with faces on both sides. But the problem is that in the mean time, players are getting shot by other players for not showing them their hands.
                                          
                                           Las Vegas has had a plague of protesters picketing outside any magic acts.
                                         
                                           There have been numerous lawsuits over scratch-off tickets. I got in on this one myself, we have a class action lawsuit going against the state of ohio right now. Can you believe that they actually sold many of us poor souls tickets that were losers. We had no way to know that until we scratched the gooey stuff of the outside of them ........  We were hornswaggled!!!!
                                      Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 8:28 PM
                                      • Test #1
                                        Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                        TheOneWhoNeverShowers wrote:

                                         

                                        An Oreo wrote:

                                         

                                        Can't wait for MW 2.5. MW2 wasn't a camper's paradise, which made easy targets for me. Not to mention FLak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Sleight of Hand Pro break the game



                                        /fixed



                                        MW3's campaign starts 1 day after, if not the same day, MW2 ends, so why would you want it to look different. IW is totally revamping the killstreak system, adding new weapons and equipment along side some favorites from previous CoDs, and tweaking/updating the IW 4.0 engine so it feels like you're playing MW with MW2 graphics.
                                        Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 8:35 PM
                                        • Test #1
                                          Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                          Turbofresh wrote:

                                           

                                          TheOneWhoNeverShowers wrote:

                                           

                                          An Oreo wrote:

                                           

                                          Can't wait for MW 2.5. MW2 wasn't a camper's paradise, which made easy targets for me. Not to mention FLak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Sleight of Hand Pro break the game



                                          /fixed



                                          MW3's campaign starts 1 day after, if not the same day, MW2 ends, so why would you want it to look different. IW is totally revamping the killstreak system, adding new weapons and equipment along side some favorites from previous CoDs, and tweaking/updating the IW 4.0 engine so it feels like you're playing MW with MW2 graphics.


                                          Actually, no. it is MW3, not MW with MW2 graphics.
                                          Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 8:56 PM
                                          • Test #1
                                            Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                            Godzilla77 wrote:

                                             

                                            Jackel. wrote:

                                             

                                            Brandaman wrote:

                                             

                                            I never understand why people say that.



                                            Because at first glance it looks a lot like a large expansion of MW2 with more guns.


                                            doesn't mean it will be true. leave it to haters to jump to conclusions about a game before it's even out. and besides one could say that about ANY sequel.



                                            Well that is true, but the graphics look just like MW2's. They don't look like they event tried to add any new details or textures. Probably should wait until the game comes out but that's just me.

                                            Edit: Remember, I said "at first glance".

                                            EA sports games are all the same thing with minor tweaks it seems.
                                            Last Edited: Aug 11, 2011 9:11 PM
                                            • Test #1
                                              Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                                              Another fail rant about ghost and camping.. when all it really is a hidden attempt and crying about not being able to red dot hunt because they are a run and gunner and do not understand about using eyes instead of the baby monitor all the time. And crying becaue their attack helicopter can get them free kills as easily as it did in modded world of fail 2.
                                              Last Edited: Aug 12, 2011 1:35 AM
                                              • Test #1
                                                Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                                                Nobody uses cold blooded in mw2 because stoping power was a must however in mw3 it was confirmed that there will be no need for stopping power because all the guns will have enough power alone. Let's see how that pans out...
                                                Last Edited: Aug 12, 2011 2:16 AM
                                                • Test #1
                                                  Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                                  static-viking wrote:

                                                   

                                                  Nobody uses cold blooded in mw2 because stoping power was a must however in mw3 it was confirmed that there will be no need for stopping power because all the guns will have enough power alone. Let's see how that pans out...



                                                  Ghost ******* with stopping power......
                                                  Last Edited: Aug 12, 2011 2:19 AM
                                                  • Test #1
                                                    Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                                    static-viking wrote:

                                                     

                                                    Nobody uses cold blooded in mw2 because stoping power was a must however in mw3 it was confirmed that there will be no need for stopping power because all the guns will have enough power alone. Let's see how that pans out...


                                                    LOL.. nobody used ghost? LOL.. wrong I did.. to hide from constant air support.. since I am a tactical player and not a headless rusher.
                                                    Last Edited: Aug 12, 2011 2:26 AM
                                                    • Test #1
                                                      Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                                      An Oreo wrote:

                                                       

                                                      Can't wait for MW3. MW2 wasn't a camper's paradise, which made easy targets for me. Not to mention FLak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Sleight of Hand Pro break the game



                                                      OMA tubers destroyed any fun to be had in MW2 TDM.

                                                      Flak Jacket was the response - now you actually have to shoot people.  :o
                                                      Last Edited: Aug 12, 2011 4:58 AM
                                                      • Test #1
                                                        Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD
                                                        People who say Ghost isn't overpowered, use Ghost. It is overpowered. Why can I go 3:0 KD every game with Ghost? Because its easy mode, aka over powered. You will never see IW or Sledgehammer putting a perk equivalent to Ghost in such a non-competitive perk tier.

                                                        Its cliched anyway - Ghost silenced famas ******* will be known forever as cheap scrubs.
                                                        Last Edited: Aug 12, 2011 6:09 AM
                                                        • Test #1
                                                          Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                                          DynamicStriker wrote:

                                                           

                                                          People who say Ghost isn't overpowered, use Ghost. It is overpowered. Why can I go 3:0 KD every game with Ghost? Because its easy mode, aka over powered. You will never see IW or Sledgehammer putting a perk equivalent to Ghost in such a non-competitive perk tier.

                                                          Its cliched anyway - Ghost silenced famas ******* will be known forever as cheap scrubs.



                                                          Either that or it means you cant adjust to appearing on the enemies minimap. How is it I switched from Ghost + Suppressor flanking to Hardline + LMG rambo approach and had no negative impact on my stats? Hmmmm, methinks its more a case of your lack of versatility rather than ghost being OP'd.
                                                          Last Edited: Aug 12, 2011 6:24 AM
                                                          • Test #1
                                                            Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                                            Bieltan wrote:

                                                             

                                                            DynamicStriker wrote:

                                                             

                                                            People who say Ghost isn't overpowered, use Ghost. It is overpowered. Why can I go 3:0 KD every game with Ghost? Because its easy mode, aka over powered. You will never see IW or Sledgehammer putting a perk equivalent to Ghost in such a non-competitive perk tier.

                                                            Its cliched anyway - Ghost silenced famas ******* will be known forever as cheap scrubs.



                                                            Either that or it means you cant adjust to appearing on the enemies minimap. How is it I switched from Ghost + Suppressor flanking to Hardline + LMG rambo approach and had no negative impact on my stats? Hmmmm, methinks its more a case of your lack of versatility rather than ghost being OP'd.




                                                            You might well be a better player than I am, but Ghost is overpowered and I am not the only one who thinks that. The majority do. Why don't big youtubers use it? Because everyone knows it is a cheap way to play. I don't even care what youtubers do or think, but its testament to what the community think of this perk.

                                                            But, if I'm honest I think its because its made a large change in the way the game plays, in that tactical players who chose cold blooded or UAV Jammer over SP were few and far between. People find it hard to adjust to, as do I and I can admit it. I just hate the way that a fast paced arcade shooter has been slowed down so much. I think that is what my gripe is. No homo.
                                                            Last Edited: Aug 12, 2011 6:43 AM
                                                            • Test #1
                                                              Re: Ghost Campers complaint to Treyarch and the future of CoD

                                                              they use thier mod controllers and no one does anything about it

                                                              Last Edited: Nov 7, 2013 7:54 PM