10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2011 5:12 PM by iif0xh0undii RSS

banned for doing nothing wrong

BANNED for doing nothing wrong. I was playing black ops just before the escalation map pack came out and then when they came out i downloaded the maps when the download finished i played a ground war on stockpile and then half way through the game the game ended and said connection iterupted so i went to sleep and went back online the next day and it said can't connect to the black ops surver please try again later so i tryed again later and it still said it so i signed out of my account and signed into my brothers account and it let that account connect to the black ops surver and it was been like that since the escalation maps came out and i cant even play the campaign or solo zombies so can someone tell me how to fix this becouse i have done nothing wrong and i want to get my money's worth on both tho maps i bought so please help me.
        • Re: banned for doing nothing wrong
          vims1990

xETWx DAMO wrote:

BANNED for doing nothing wrong. I was playing black ops just before the escalation map pack came out and then when they came out i downloaded the maps when the download finished i played a ground war on stockpile and then half way through the game the game ended and said connection iterupted so i went to sleep and went back online the next day and it said can't connect to the black ops surver please try again later so i tryed again later and it still said it so i signed out of my account and signed into my brothers account and it let that account connect to the black ops surver and it was been like that since the escalation maps came out and i cant even play the campaign or solo zombies so can someone tell me how to fix this becouse i have done nothing wrong and i want to get my money's worth on both tho maps i bought so please help me.

Are you sure you're internet isn't disconnecting every so often?
          Also, do you get disconnected out of XBOX Live every time the message "Can't connect to the black ops server, please try again later?"

I had the same problem myself before. It turned out my ISP was having issues at that time.

I don't think you're banned, I think it's got something to do with your ISP.
          Contact them and get a technician to have a look at your connection.

Provide a speedtest and ping test and I'll have a look into it:

http://www.speedtest.net/
          http://www.pingtest.net/

Cheers mate.
            Loyal X Patriot

These threads are still around?
              vims1990

Loyal X Patriot wrote:

:lol:

These threads are still around?

I don't think it's a banned issue to be honest.

Coming from country with crappy ISP's, our connections seem to have issues often.

I frequently get disconnected from XBOX Live & Black Ops due to my ISP (which is considered the best in NZ) 
                This is probably just going to get you flamed...

Just sayin...

BTW: What's your GT?
                  vims1990

Kambo_says wrote:

This is probably just going to get you flamed...

Just sayin...

BTW: What's your GT?

You're right...it's been a while that we've seen a thread with this title. 

xETWx DAMO wrote:

If you can't play campaign or zombies then I'm guessing the issue is something other than a ban. A ban only bans you from playing online, it wouldn't stop you playing campaign.

Try deleting the map packs and see if you can play. Don't worry, you can download them again for free. You say this started to happen when you downloaded the map packs so I'm guessing this is the root cause of your issue
                      Did everyone miss the part that said his brother's account works fine and connects off the same box? It is most definitely a ban. It could be from black ops or M$. Can you play other online games with the account?
                        yes i can play other games online but its just black ops that i cant play
                          IDX Rider
                          Find your gamertag with your friend's account and check your stats. If it's been reset then yeah, you're banned and deserved it.
                            iif0xh0undii
                            Please refer to the Black Ops Security & Enforcement Policy:

Security & Enforcement Policy wrote:

Hey Black Ops Community –

Treyarch is committed to providing all gamers with the best online experience possible, and that means maintaining the game’s integrity. We have a zero tolerance policy against exploitation, and this is to protect the many gamers who go online to compete and have legitimate fun. Below is a brief outline of our security and enforcement policy which will remain posted and will get updated here.

The team at Treyarch has worked very hard to create a fun, competitive online environment, and we want to keep this environment clean so that the game can be played as it was intended. Users who abuse the game through modding, boosting, glitching or making offensive emblems degrade the online experience for others, and we will take action to prevent this from happening.

Bans cannot be appealed.

Keep it clean. Play nice. Have fun.

Thanks
                            - Team Treyarch

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - SECURITY & ENFORCEMENT POLICY

Modding
                            Users who have modified their hardware and have run hacked script or code. This includes modifying profile data to use illegal characters in a player’s name.

• • Instant permaban. You will no longer be allowed to play the game online. Console users who modify their hardware or profile data will also be reported to the console manufacturers.

Boosting
                            Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards.

• •     Minor offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, leaderboard entries removed once
                            • •     Major offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, permanent ban from appearing on the leaderboards
                            • •     Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Glitching
                            Users who go out of their way to exploit the game to grief other players. An example would be going outside of the map’s clearly defined playable boundary.

• •     Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online
                            • •     Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online

Unsupported Peripheral Devices
                            Users who utilize a hardware device / peripheral that is not officially licensed or otherwise supported by console manufacturers which gives a player an unfair advantage over opponents. This includes, but is not limited to, modded controllers.

• •     Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online
                            • •     Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online, complete stats reset

Offensive Emblems
                            Users who create emblems that are sexually gratuitous or racially offensive.

• •     Minor offense: 2-week ban from using the emblem editor, emblem reset to default, emblem purchases wiped
                            • •     Major offense: Permanent ban from using the emblem editor

Pirating
                            Any user who illegally acquires Call of Duty: Black Ops content will receive an instant permaban from playing the game online and will be reported to the console manufacturers.

You may view the actual Black Ops Security & Enforcement Policy at the following link:
                            http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=341470[/code:1953140i]

In accordance with section 9 of the Code of Conduct your thread will now be locked, please do not recreate it:

Code of Conduct wrote:

9. NO ONLINE GAME BAN APPEALING: Players may be banned from using in-game features / functionality for varying durations of time for violating the posted Security & Enforcement Policy. All bans are the result of a review process in which direct evidence is gathered prior to action being taken. Bans are not subject to appeal. As such, topics/posts created to discuss the merit of an ONLINE Call of Duty game ban, or the alleged innocence of a banned player, is considered a form of spam and is prohibited.

You may view the actual Code of Conduct at the following link:
                            http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=388054

If you are adamant that you weren't banned or were banned for reason you don't understand, contact customer support.

[code:1953140i]http://www.activision.com/support