24 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 8:29 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Killstreaks Not Stacking ?

Hi there

So twice i have tested this now and twice i have had the same result.  If its intended then call me a nub abd i'll be gone !

So i'm in game, i get my cp then predator and i die.  I don't use my CP or Predator straight off the bat and i gt get cp and predator AGAIN (while i still had the others).  I then died again and decided to use them, called in 1st PM then CP,  now wait where have the other CP and PM gone ?>?

Is this intended ?

• Re: Killstreaks Not Stacking ?

i think its been done like this to stop people saving them up and spamming them towards the end of the match i think its a good idea

Yes, this is how it is suppose to work.

Oh ok fair point i didn't know this was as intended, thanks alot for the quick replies much appreciated.

It seems that is how they intended it to be. Kinda sucks cause now when I get a PM or something I have to drop everything to call it in instead of using them at the best possible times.

I have the same result.  I like that they allow you to choose which killstreak to use when you have multiple available, but I miss saving up my predators for protecting objectives or shooting down other killstreaks.  I also miss saving up my CUAVs for when the other team had a UAV.  You might as well use your UAVs immediately even if the other team has a CUAV up, otherwise you will just cancel out your own UAV when you die and get another.

I think it may be just that way with the ones that actually kill people, my UAVs stacked several times, never past 2 though.

I think it is intended only this way. I kept mine had no problems with it. Then I noticed I wasn't getting them again. Then I realized in this game if you change classes in the middle of the game you killstreaks start over again for that class.

It's the same your weapon levels. You level up for ACR6.8 and then have another class with ACR 6.8. That weapon level will not level up in that class.

actually if u level a gun in one class it WILL level in your other classes. the weapon level is not class specific. but i hope the killstreak not stacking is just a glitch, because it totally hate deploying my killstreaks unstrategically.

I can understand the resoning behind it,  kinda sucks but oh well.

I think they need to fix it so they stack again. It's caused me to lose so many care packages because I die, respawn and get 4 kills before I have a chance to call it in. (happens a LOT on dome)

Not sure how the button config is on the console, but on PC your 1st 2nd and 3rd killstreak are mapped to 5,6, and 7 keys. If you change classes any killstreaks you have are stacked and mapped to the 4 key. Care packages are also stacked and mapped to 4. So if you have pred+heli+reaper saved up and you switch, they're all stacked and mapped to 4.

Hope that helps explain why sometimes they stack and sometimes they don't.

I'm hoping it's a glitch since the streaks mapped to 4 stack, and 5,6,7 don't. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't stack.

go for higher kill streaks and you won't have that problem

Well why should i have to go for higher kill streaks when all this fuckign lag is going on im happy if i get cobra a few times a game without getting killed after 2 kills in a row.. ill go for high kill streaks when they fix their ****,

Not always true, earlier I got my attack chopper & reaper (was running 7-9-12), died. Spawned in the middle of a sh*t storm (team defender)  immediately went straight to pavelow, lost em both, pretty lame. Granted that doesn't really happend too often, but still think it's lame.

ok well in most cases you won't have that problem

typing1handed wrote:

Not always true, earlier I got my attack chopper & reaper (was running 7-9-12), died. Spawned in the middle of a sh*t storm (team defender)  immediately went straight to pavelow, lost em both, pretty lame. Granted that doesn't really happend too often, but still think it's lame.

I really think they should limit it at 2 of the same, instead of one. Like the OP said, when you run low kill streaks like CP and PM, especially with hardline, you very often get another one before you can use your first (especially the care package). The care package, while it got a buff due to the explosive carepackage, is still often hard to defend, and I always have to run around the whole map to find a safe spot to drop my care package. Or at least let you keep one of your overlapping Kill Streaks in your Extra Slot.

Like say you run UAV, CP and PM

You get all 3, then don't die, get a UAV again, then die. I think the second UAV should go in your extra slot. And say you get all three, don't die, and then get up to CP; the UAV should get lost, but not the CP IMO. So if you have all your 3 slots filled, the highest kill streak that you get after should get stored in your extra slot.

And maybe even just add a "you can't use the same kill streak within 30 seconds of the previous", so it makes you wait 30 seconds to use your second predator missle; I think that's a pretty good idea.

I don't think its intended.. theres even a protip that states you should be able to keep more then 1 of the same KS so theres no need to worry during the loading screen

no because then you might go on a complete rampage in the last minute of the game but you can't call in your emp because you just called in a stealth bomber or something. the easiest solution is to use them immediatly after getting them. don't worry if it is a waste. you should be more focused on the objectives or having fun killing other people than the kill streaks. i gennerally call in a explosive decoy, just throw it in the middle of the map. then stealth bomber right down the middle and then call in my emp the second i get it then do it all over again. simple as that. keep in mind it gennerally only takes me 3-5 minutes to go through this cycle so i almost have to call them in right away so i can quick get the next one.

MattGrimes wrote:

I really think they should limit it at 2 of the same, instead of one. Like the OP said, when you run low kill streaks like CP and PM, especially with hardline, you very often get another one before you can use your first (especially the care package). The care package, while it got a buff due to the explosive carepackage, is still often hard to defend, and I always have to run around the whole map to find a safe spot to drop my care package. Or at least let you keep one of your overlapping Kill Streaks in your Extra Slot.

Like say you run UAV, CP and PM

You get all 3, then don't die, get a UAV again, then die. I think the second UAV should go in your extra slot. And say you get all three, don't die, and then get up to CP; the UAV should get lost, but not the CP IMO. So if you have all your 3 slots filled, the highest kill streak that you get after should get stored in your extra slot.

And maybe even just add a "you can't use the same kill streak within 30 seconds of the previous", so it makes you wait 30 seconds to use your second predator missle; I think that's a pretty good idea.

coderedonfire wrote:

no because then you might go on a complete rampage in the last minute of the game but you can't call in your emp because you just called in a stealth bomber or something. the easiest solution is to use them immediatly after getting them. don't worry if it is a waste. you should be more focused on the objectives or having fun killing other people than the kill streaks. i gennerally call in a explosive decoy, just throw it in the middle of the map. then stealth bomber right down the middle and then call in my emp the second i get it then do it all over again. simple as that. keep in mind it gennerally only takes me 3-5 minutes to go through this cycle so i almost have to call them in right away so i can quick get the next one.

No i'm just saying that you can't use the SAME killstreak (because you got it twice) within 30 seconds. Instead of losing it all together, where your most recent killstreak over writes any previous unused killstreaks of the same kind, you can keep two copies of the same, you just can't use them within 30 seconds of eachother, to prevent someone from spamming 2 predators missles at the same time or whatever.

gotcha

MattGrimes wrote:

coderedonfire wrote:

No i'm just saying that you can't use the SAME killstreak (because you got it twice) within 30 seconds. Instead of losing it all together, where your most recent killstreak over writes any previous unused killstreaks of the same kind, you can keep two copies of the same, you just can't use them within 30 seconds of eachother, to prevent someone from spamming 2 predators missles at the same time or whatever.

nuttin2say

I'll give you a really good reason why you can't stack kill streaks from my own experience.

The other night I had a match where I went 35 - 3. Within that I had a 23 kill streak.

I was running IMS, Attack Helo, and Reaper.

I called in three IMS rewards ... three Helos ... and two Reapers ... before I died once.

Lesson learned:

Your kill streaks reset after use.

That's why you can't stack them.