43 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 1:06 PM by Z-12 RSS

Quick Question on Javelin glitch

SilentPhenom
      I just released a Javelin glitch thread to have it patched.

Right now, my question is, is it considered a hack? Can't you get banned for doing it intentionally? If you can, I think we should tell that to the glitchers so they stop. I don't think you can get banned for doing it at all since it is a glitch not a hack, but I don't know. I really hope it gets patched :( I wanna play the game normally......
        • Re: Quick Question on Javelin glitch
          nu3gawhat
          You're a ******* idiot.
            Lord_CoD
            Why on earth did you have to create another thread you pillock? Couldn't you just have added to your other one, or even better to the other threads started by other people? You know the ones subtley named 'Javelin Glitch' & 'Javelin Bug'!?
              AnonymousDoesNotForgive
              "Normally" to you, would be "handicapped" to us. I'm not trying to poke fun at you, but honestly, play Cod4 for a few hours then come back to MW2 and you'll see exactly what I mean.

And no.. it's not a hack. You didn't modify the game code in any way at all.
                SilentPhenom
                ^^Responding above

I have CoD4. I played on those dedicated servers for TWO YEARS!! I am a CoD series fan, following since the first one. Look, I played MW2, and I have it, and I went BACK to MW1. ANd i didn't like it. It was returning to nade spams, boring weps, and abusive admins. Now admins rock, but there's a number of abusive ones. And it's hard finding a regular game. i appreciate custom mods and maps but sometimes, enough is enough, I just wanna play normally. I still prefer dedicated servers and mods, but IWnet works amazingly, period, and I love MW2.

Now to everyone else, I didn't put this in the other thread BECAUSE that one was feedback. This one is just a question. Have I become a famous troll on these boards? Labeled troll because I go against the boycott and prove MW2 is great and that Inifnity Ward still cares for us? Seriously guys, please get the maturity back....
                  SilentPhenom
                  also @AnonymousDoesNotForgive

I'm part of the PC community too, so don't say that normally to me is handicapped to you guys. I am a TRUE PC gamer. The PC community today, is a bit....immature. The community I grew up with adapted and played when we understood the developer was not at fault. We were never handicapped, we never let small limitations get the best of us. If the game was fun and awesome, it was fun and awesome. Period, thus it was worth a buy.

You guys need to get some strength and be able to not let these tiny changes bring you down. Okay, they were big changes that will affect, but be more optomistic, and don't let tiny things like "that one out of 50 games had lag in it" get to you....and don't let hate spread to you.
                    Lord_CoD
                    Originally posted this in your other thread about Javelin but here it is again...

@ SilentPhenom. Dude you've proved nothing in these forums. I read through them and saw a lot of posts from you in which you claim to prove one thing or another but you haven't backed up any of your arguments with a single verifiable fact. Proof requires evidence, that is to say undeniable fact. All you have presented as your proof are your opinions and they are not fact. The only thing you've proved is that you have absolutely no clue whatsoever about anything!
                      AnonymousDoesNotForgive
                      @SilentPhenom : If what you say is true, and you are a true pc gamer, then you would have clearly understood the plight of the pc gamer. It's NOT IWNet that's the issue here, although it's a very large part of it.

The problem is that Activision and Infinity Ward got it in their thick little heads to mislead the PC gaming community for months saying "It'll be the way it was for multi and you'll all love it" and had hundreds of thousands of preorders secured. Then, 3 weeks before release, they quietly change everything and hadn't notified a single pre-ordered customer to let them know of the changes. Millions of people were effectively baited and switched and have every right to be pissed off.

To add insult to injury, the games code clearly shows Xbox references everywhere and translations of XBox live to say "IWNet" instead. Basically what it boils down to was this title was made with 360 in mind then transposed to a PC. Any "True PC Gamer" with even the slightest of debugging or coding skills could see this. Activision and IW said "it's not a port" ... so now, baited, switched and lied to.

The final nail in the coffin is unfortunately what a LOT of console players ignorantly pay in to. (Definition if ignorant does NOT mean stupid so don't get offended.. look it up if you don't know what it means) XBox live makes you PAY to use YOUR internet connection that you already PAY for. Basically they've turned this game into a torrent. IWNet is simply a tracker, we're all peers connected to each other. What does this mean to you and I? You are on a residential internet connection with fast download speeds but crippling upload speeds. P2P is dependent on efficient upload speeds. Basic 1.5 meg connections have a 10k/sec upload rate. That's good enough for a 1 on 1 match only.

Oh... and they inflated the price 10 dollars ... that's 20% inflation from CoD4's cost. Inflation during the worst recession in the past half century... AND they want you to pay for DLC's now even though we did with the 10-dollar price-hike.

Chances are if they keep IWNet.. it'll go to IWNet 2.0 with a monthly service fee. So now you get to PAY to use their tracker to connect to other players to use your horrid upload speed on an internet connection you already PAY for.

This is why people are jumping your ****. You should have already known all this. Any "True PC Gamer" knows this because they know the in's and out's of their system, their connection, and their community; Clearly something this company has forgotten.
                        Lord_CoD
                        ^^

very well put sir, nice job.
                          SilentPhenom
                          @Lord_CoD

You want proof? Look at pay to play threads, they have links. YOu want more proof? Read interviews and look through the twitters. You want MORE PROOF? Learn the partnerships of publisher and developer, their roles, and who gets the profits mostly.

That is all the proof there is, the proof is everywhere, I will not babysit you guys giving you random ****. YOu guys are overexaggherating, photoshopping images, making stuff up, and pull out random statements out of no where. And you guys are absolute jerks, period. The proof is there. Look up Infinity Ward interviews in google and you'll find proof. Look up in youtube, you'll find proof. I know what I'm talking about. And you guys need to understand publisher/developer relationship.

If you really want that proof, look it up, and I guarantee you it's there. It's all there, and the proof of what I'm saying about the boycott being useless and such, is repeated multiple times. Here is more proof. Over 200,000 people signed the first petition, a large number doing multiple signings (I've read posts of people doing that which disgusted me). Now look at the second petition. 7,000 signs with multiple signings as well. Look at the amount of people roaming these boards. About a rough 2,000? 3,000? Now look at everyone loving online: 140,000+ people. Want proof for that number? Buy the game.

If you guys were mature in this boycott, THEN I'd give you evidence and proof layed out proving the boycott is unecessary, BUT you guys are immature jerks and I don't baby sit douchebaggs. The evidence is there, look it up. But of course, you will be too lazy to. And you'll come up with the excuse "I can't find anything I've been looking for hours (when you've been looking either not at all or for minutes, maybe even seconds" or the excuse "Obviously there is no evidence because you are telling me to look it up." Seriously, start looking things the other way.
                            KgoodOk
                            Abusing something that is unintended in most game can still get you banned. Even if it's a glitch.
                              SilentPhenom
                              @AnonymousDoesNotForgive

It is a port. Look at Xbox to PS3 ports. Wanna know what you see? Xbox codes. It. Is. A. Port. But. A. Damn. Good. One. Worth. A. Buy.

Now, Infinity Ward is not at fault. Activision is. Activision wants pay to play in future CoD games, they control prices, and who pays for DLC. Now, I'm only explaining this once on this thread, so get it right. Publishers always receive the most amount of money and profits, always. The developers get a small cut, in which they divide among eachother. Now Inifnity Ward didn't have a reason to hate on PC. Not at all. They know PC, they made games for PC, they KNOW THE EXPERIENCE. But Activision talked of pay to play. So when you put this information together, including the fact that yes, publishers largely control developer decisions, Activision told Infinity Ward to put in matchmaking. Now what if Infinity Ward said Acitivision did this out loud? Or if they announced "it won't be as good?" Or anything like that? Acitivision would get mad and either these would happen: (1:) Get rid of Infinity Ward, Treyarch is still around. Oh and that new third studio. (2:) If Infinity Ward is under contract, Activision could use that contract and maybe even take money away from Infinity Ward. Now that we see this happening, this is why it was kept quiet. Because it was so Activision wouldn't do anything to them. This is the Hidden Fear propoganda technique, it seems, used against Infinity Ward. Now, Activision has the tendency to want to drain as much money as they can from a popular money making franchise. A perfect example is Guitar Hero. Look at how DEAD it is. Want to know why? Because Activision wanted the developers to do certain things to make as much money as possible. Once it died out, they needed a new host. Look at how popular Call of Duty is. Now they want to suck out as much money as they can from consoles AND PC. Don't forget, it's all for profit, and Activision is the one getting most of it laughing to the bank. Think of it in business, you got the boss and his workers. His workers work and he gets ALL THIS MONEY. But he gives his workers a cut of it. Now they get their pay. But since they are under boss's order, they have to listen to what he says. Activision making all this money gives a small cut to Infinity Ward, and since Infinity Ward works for Activision, they have to listen to Activision. NOW DO YOU GET WHY INFINITY WARD IS NOT AT FAULT?
                                SilentPhenom
                                @KGoodOk

thank you for a proper response. I hate this stupid glitch and yes, I did use it, but only in two games. One public, one private. I honestly didn't know what the heck was happening but once after discovery on how it works and what kind of feedback to give, I stopped. It needs to get patched.

I'll spread the word that this isn't allowed so that people don't do it.
                                  AnonymousDoesNotForgive
                                  Whoa whoa whoa there buddy.

First of all you're citing references of what IW wants you to see. Given the current situation with the Publisher/Moderator/USERBASE relationship... trust isn't their strong-suit right now.

Second... you talk of photoshopped images... yet you referenced YouTube.

YouTube... a certifiable source of truthful information... *rolls eyes*

Video's made by the same kinds of people you accuse of photoshopping.

I pose this question to you sir... are you serious? No one asked you to babysit anyone. Sure, some of the responses you're getting are a bit childish or rash, but the relevant responders are asking you to post some evidence that you found through your research; Not regurgittated artificial bravado from the source of the problem. If you can't pose relevant third-party evidence, no one here will take you seriously.

I gave you cold, hard facts.

* The game's price was inflated 20% (this is basic math)

* Home internet connections have poor upload bandwidth (go to dsl reports dot com and run a test and see what I mean)

* The developers, publishers and even the moderators are turning a deaf ear and a blind eye to the community that put them on the map in the first place. This is the equilivant of spitting in your own parent's faces.

* The system is flawed and does not work as good as the older system. This was supposed to be "new and improved" not "old and inferior" (old being a p2p system used for torrents for years which might be fine for file transfers, but absolutely useless for real-time first-person shooters where ping is critical)

* The banhammer that was supposedly dropped on 2500 people did absolutely nothing to the people who level hacked to level 10 prestige. I still see them in games. Hackers still run rampant. Every patch issued is bypassed within the hour of release.

* Every patch so far has TAKEN AWAY from the games original function, not ADDED anything.

* Robert Bowling caters to the 360 community on his Twitter constantly, yet continues to ignore the PC community. Why is he even a moderator of the PC forum if he clearly favors the 360 platform in the first place? (his Twitter is evidence enough at who he responds to)

I'll stop at lucky number 7 for obvious facts and evidence. There's no trickery involved here. There's no youtubes or photoshops involved here. This is the simple cold, hard truth about what's going on. The wool has been pulled over your eyes and you seem okay with it. You haven't even addressed International players such as the poor Australians who have to pay PER meg of bandwidth. What about the screw job they received? Why haven't YOU mentioned this at all even though YOUR experience is so great? Are you so selfish in your own instant gratification that you couldn't care less of the problems of others?

What gives you the right to try to silence the voice of the world's gamers who clearly have more issue than satisfaction with a system that works against them?

I'll ask you this one last time.. where's YOUR evidence. Don't give us what IW shows us.

You know what the saddest thing is? People here photoshop pictures as you've stated... IW and Activision basically shopped this entire Game. It's shopped to wring out the most money for the least amount of effort humanly possible, and you seem to have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

(Note : I wrote this before seeing your latest response, but I'll just add, IW IS AT FAULT as well. ALL they had to do is get on their own forum... this forum and say "Listen guys, we see what you're saying, but it's out of our hands. This was Activision's call, not ours. We see your complaints and we'll forward them through the proper channels" but they couldn't even do that. Not. one. single. person. had. enough. integrity. as. a. person. to. stand. up. and. say. this. even. once. to. their. community. )
                                    dale1v
                                    phenom.
                                    A few things. The Steam forums are larger and more active than these forums, you failed to count that. People can't hate a multiplayer unless they play it....so yes you will surely see people playing...doesn't mean they are loving the experience though...
                                    Many gamers may have a complaint but do not know how to find the forums or cannot be bothered. You overlooked that.
                                    Random statements out of nowhere? What was offered in October by IW staff was a smooth multiplayer experience. I have yet to see that.

You continue to say people are "overexaggerherating" (<- that isn't a word), but looking around on the net we see complaints from a large number of different people about IWNet. You say you have evidence but by the way you build your post it sounds like a bluff.

On paper, the game was shipped with fewer MUCH NEEDED features than its predecessor and competitors on the market. there is clear video evidence of current IWNet failings on youtube.

The concern is not publisher/developer relationship. The concern is of a company delivering a substandard product far off the mark that was offered before release.  I'm usually *very* tolerant of flawed games, but this is bad.

You appear to have the very selfish, narrow-minded mindset "because I don't have a problem, the problem doesn't exist".
                                    It's also very ironic that you call people immature but then go on to call them douchebags.
                                      SquiZo
                                      Even if it would be a "good" port its still a port. And ok.. I do get ur point. They wouldnt say anything that would hurt Activision.. obviously. But does that mean they can lie all over the place? They said its NOT a port, but it is a port. They said its gonna be the same experience as before just better, its way worse. They said its a full PC game, but its not supporting my both GPUs.
                                      So thats what we are gonna have in the future? Developers and such can tell us all they want? And you wont care if thats actually true or not? great!! ur the perfect customer. Actually.
                                      So if you are happy about the game and the experience.. well then go for it. But I dont. I did play the game for quite a while... around 50 hours or so of MP. And first I was impressed. It was fun. But after a while the "new" experience of the game is getting old and ur getting down to the problems. And there are way too many. Im not even talking about letting the hole community down (no servers, no leagues, etc etc). Im only talking about the game experience itself. What made me playing online on the PC instead on my PS3? Getting to play with quite the same guys every day. Get to know ppl from all around the world etc etc. Thats whats PC gaming all about. Dont you get that?
                                      As I said allready before.. you are quite often talking about the "old" PC Community. Well dont you realize that most of this community wouldnt have existed without dedicated servers and everything that comes with them? So after all.. no matter how good the game itself is, and as I said it IS a good game, what makes me play it is my clan and the whole community. And that just doesnt work with IWNet and all its problems.
                                      And dont ever even think about calling us ALL kids... that just shows me that ur a kid...
                                        Malecite00
                                        To answer your question SilentPhantom: YES, you have been labeled, and thoroughly demonstrated to everyone that you are in fact a MASSIVE fuckwit troll. Your "ideas" are nothing but opinionated heresay that are completely wrong 90% of the time. This current thread is further evidence that your assanine prattling deservers 0 merit.

As if 2 threads depicting the workings of this recent DISASTER weren't enough, now you have a 3rd. I actually have a question for you: given your attempts to defend IW through either inventing facts or bending them, how does this latest breakdown affect that trivial campaign?

Now we have a new addition to our family of unwelcome relatives: exploding douchebags. As if the cheaters, lack of any customizability, horrendous multiplayer system, and frequent bugs weren't enough.

How does something like this make it into the final production product? Considering that it affects ALL of the rocket launcher weapons with the exception of the thumper. Moreover, what of the exploding main weapon bullets everyones talking about?

What an utter farce, but luckily we have SilentPhantom hard at work ensuring that no topic is left untrolled for very long.
                                          SilentPhenom
                                          @AnonymousDoesNotForgive

I put such a long post and the forums logged me out when I was going to hit reply....wow. ANyways, I'll not repeat everything cuz it was freaking long but here you go:

1-I see zero evidence of yours. You just call it evidence. If you look up my info. you will find evidence. If i look up yours, I will find it is overexaggerhation or just boycotters

2-When I referenced to youtube, i referenced to developer interviews about PC

3-402 does listen to PC community equally to 360 and PS3. BUT, there are more console problems than PC believe it or not, and everything you guys are asking on these forums right now, have been answered. And you guys are acting like douchebaggs, the console people are normal. If you look at an interview on YOUTUBE with Robert Bowling, he said he dislikes douchebaggs and tends to ignore them. Yeah, stop being jerks. And 402 only releases what IW tells him...and what Acitivision tells him. Those patches, are for the benefit of the game. First week of MW2, I got lag, out of a rough, 2 out of 5 games. 1 out of 5 games had hackers. After the patches and VAC mass hack-ban hammers, I have zero lag and have yet to see a hacker. Btw, level hackers shouldn't be a bother. 1:) It's not like an unfair advantage, just a cheap way to get to the highest rank. Their skill are still low. 2:) the level hackers are still banned by VAC mass hack-bans.

If anything needs to be fixed, it's these forums. One being that you guys stop being jerks, and two being that when I submit a comment, I'm not logged out. Otherwise, that's it. I'm done talking to you, you're just another boycotter. Calling statements backed up with evidence when I barely see any.
                                            SilentPhenom
                                            @Malecite00

90%? Sorry, 100% what I say is correct. And also, 90%? Are you sure you aren't pulling numbers out of your ass like you boycotters usually do? See a troll is one, how I've known it to be, one who goes "YOU ALL ARE WRONG!! THIS GAME ROCKS YOU ALL STINK!! NOOBS!! THIS IS THA BEST!!ASLDKJA: SLDJ!!" That is a troll. Now see, I am giving information that if you research, you'll find proof. But you guys are little kiddies and teens that are lazy.

I don't care if I'm seen as a troll on these boards. these boards have pretty much, no true PC gamer, just angry, lazy, blinded, sad little kids who TRY TO ACT SMART and who use sarcasm. Look, 2,000 people on this forum is not a big number. Want to know how many boycotters are left? About 7,000. How? Because look at the second petition and how many signed it. Now, see that large drop in numbers? Plus, a good amount of people are smart and do agree with me on these boards. In no way am I a troll, but, you guys define it otherwise. Listen, kids, please stay in school.
                                              SilentPhenom
                                              @Malecite00

Btw, It's SilentPHENOM. Spelling fail on you.
                                                AnonymousDoesNotForgive
                                                @SilentPhenom :

Yes. Please. Be done with us. Be done with the community, because the community doesn't need, or want you.

You still have yet to address anything I brought up. You've completely ignored International players because their problem isn't your problem, so the problem does not exist.

You're still just singing the songs IW's people and press releases have fed you.

I've been extremely factual and cordial with you, and yet you still insist on lumping me in with the 'douchebags' as you've so eloquently put it.

The fact of the matter is, you're nothing more than a mindless, witless, tactless cow that will bend over and eat what ever you're presented with from Activision or IW. You're a pathetic spineless conformist. You're an ignorant hypocrite.

And you're NOTHING that defines a "PC Gamer"

Good day to you sir. Enjoy the silence from the "intellegent" crowd, since from this point forth, you're just baiting yourself for flamers.
                                                  dale1v
                                                  "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Nowhere in that definition does it state how a troll should sound, however your most recent post has now confirmed your position as one; well done.

You have given circumstantial evidence that can easily be countered (they hold vested interest and would not be regarded sufficient in the first place), and you have only repeated what you said in your previous post.

Your sentence structure and grammar is akin to a child's own, and yet you tell us to stay in school?
                                                    Lord_CoD
                                                    @ SilentPhenom. I stick by my statement, YOU have not provided one single shred of evidence to back up any of your claims. Actually I will concede you stating the bloody obvious that the publisher gets the lion's share of the cash and usually calls the shots but that's a given, so I'm not giving you that one! Other than that you have proved NOTHING! You have a habit of making sweeping statements and then claiming them to be proof of whatever you're jabbering on about when in fact they are merely your opinions, nothing more. Your 'This is How to Get Feedback From Infinity Ward' thread is a classic example of that. No evidence, no links no PROOF, just your opinions... and OMFG do you like to share your opinions! Jeez you're so full of your own self importance that you even bump your own threads! You even now refer to yourself as famous, how self absorbed is that!? Famous my arse! Look at your own threads for the evidence dude, it's there!

Oh and of course anyone who dares to have a different opinion than you or even prove you wrong you have to start insulting and calling stupid. After all how dare they not share your opinion?! How dare they have any proof of their arguments?! Then of course there are some fantastic contradictions within your plethora of posts... I could go on and on but I think that's enough for now.

In conclusion, you are a baffoon, a halfwit with pretensions of intelligent thought, an old joke and a complete pillock. Being you must be like living under a runway! Now go away you sad little boy and play with yourself!
                                                      Rexz
                                                      It's amusing how silentphenom shows that he knows Activision is being a greedy company and is tyranting over IW yet he still support it by buying this game.
                                                        Kornsaq
                                                        @silentphenom

How can you say you are a true PC gamer and be okay with the current MW2 multiplayer game play. Hell,  I had less lag and a lot better gameplay back in the day with my old ISDN connection playing Quake/Quake 2.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you are maybe 15 years old(maybe) and your parents just bought you some bad ass alienware computer or something. And now you think you are a true PC gamer cause you have a nice setup.

Also, how about you start asking all of those 140,000 people online what game they will be playing in 3 months. I guarantee it wont be MW2 for most. At least not the "True PC Gamers",  we will be moving on happily to BF:BC2.
                                                          0G

SilentPhenom wrote:

also @AnonymousDoesNotForgive

I'm part of the PC community too, so don't say that normally to me is handicapped to you guys. I am a TRUE PC gamer. The PC community today, is a bit....immature. The community I grew up with adapted and played when we understood the developer was not at fault. We were never handicapped, we never let small limitations get the best of us. If the game was fun and awesome, it was fun and awesome. Period, thus it was worth a buy.

You guys need to get some strength and be able to not let these tiny changes bring you down. Okay, they were big changes that will affect, but be more optomistic, and don't let tiny things like "that one out of 50 games had lag in it" get to you....and don't let hate spread to you.

@SilentPhenom, You are a joke.  You have no clue what IW have done.  How can you say they are looking after people when they do not even reply to issues raised on here.  Even on twitter I have tried to contact fourtwozero and no reply this is not good support.  The only people who play on consoles are supported.  You are a joke and if you cannot see the issue with the MP and IWNet then you are blind (or an IW\Activision employee).
                                                            sveinn1984
                                                            So thats what that is... Some prick the other day was running around knifing people, if u killed him, hed still get you with his fuckign javelin.

Come over here so I can slap you upside the head you stupid ****.
                                                              sveinn1984
                                                              OH and by the way...

AMD sucks.

******* troll
                                                                Defender2803
                                                                Why is it that so many people are dumb?

This game has a lag issue...
                                                                This game has way to many hackers...
                                                                This game has connection issues...
                                                                This game has glitches...
                                                                This game has weapon balance issues...
                                                                This game will be the end of the COD series on PC...

SilentPhenom is a noob or troll or a paid troll...or all of the above...

I have played FPS games since Doom and Quake 3D...including all the COD series games. This is by far the worst game I have ever played.
                                                                  SilentPhenom
                                                                  @Lord_CoD

Alright, well, I have the evidence and what I say is facts, not opinions, period. But you are a fat lazy kid who doesn't bother to research crap so I won't bother with you.

@Everyone else

And 7,000 boycotters is a tiny number so you all can call me a troll even though that doesn't make sense lol. And AMD ftw. Trust me, they own Intel. Period.

Yes, I say period a lot. And this game is worth a buy in playing a developer's game. Anyways, i don't care about you guys in these forums, there's only like a couple thousand of you, and that's a small small number. Very small, so enjoy your time in depression. Btw, none of you are true PC gamers. Get out of the community if you consider yourself one. You all want to find loopholes in what I say to twist the words to mean something else, but I know it is pure BS. Plus, you guys got off topic on this thread, this thread isn't even about why the boycott is stupid, it's just a question you retards.

Anyways, I know PC gaming, and the PC community doesn't need you boycotters. Stop addressing yourselfes as the PC community or representing it, you are only making us look pathetic and bad.
                                                                    SilentPhenom
                                                                    @AnonymousDoesNotForgive

22 years of Pc gaming, I've been gaming since you were still developing in your mother's stomach lol. Consoles were always just there to play for their exclusives otherwise, it was always at PC. See, I am a true PC gamer, and I've been with the community for only so long. Now teens and kiddies like you, are being immature and have mindless, sensless babbling pulled out of your ass. Here is what makes a PC gamer: Maturity, Understanding, No influence to hate, Playing games just because they are awesome, Adapt and Play after seeing if changes were to be blamed on the dev or not (if so, the game is to be boycotted on, if not it is to be adapted and played), Not being a jerk, and Researching for themselves. These characteristics make a true PC gamer, and I have them all. I've played games that aren't even on a CD, they were on floppy disks for goodness sake. Since 1987, I have been gaming on PC. Since 1984 I've been playing games. Once I went to PC, I sticked to it. I still got consoles but just for exclusives and party games. And a PS3 for blu ray.

Now see, tell me, how am I a hypocrit? Yeah I supported the boycott once, but just because I thought it was dumb, knew IW wasn't at fault and ignored the spreaded hate and imaturity, and dropped the boycott (and over 193,000+ or so people, roughly, dropped it) and am supporting MW2, that makes me a hypocrit? Wrong. It'd be a hypocrit to say I love MW2 yet I am boycotting it. THAT would be hypocritical. Look kid, stay in school and stop thinking you know everything. Btw, people have been twisting my words on these forums. Which makes me LOL. And at the same time, boycott vids on youtube, have my comments erased because I would argue with the uploaders and at one point they'd see I am right, BUT they want the boycott to continue. One guy even said "you're right, but know one will ever see your comments," and him being the uploader, he deleted my comments and his that had to do with the boycott being stupid. Now this scenario, I can't give evidence for nor can you find it (and yes, I will admit that) because the comments were deleted. BUT for everything else I say, you can research it and find that what I say is correct.

Look, you boycotters are so small in numbers and all you guys are doing is giving a bad face to the PC community. And if you guys don't care about MW2 at all why are you bothering to boycott? Exactly, you guys WANT the game, but you can't handle some features taken out. It's still an AMAZING GAME. Now had Infinity Ward themeselves put in IWnet and truly ignored us (as in no patches or even some twitter comments here or there), THEN I'd support the boycott. But see, that isn't the case.
                                                                      Lord_CoD

SilentPhenom wrote:

@Lord_CoD

Alright, well, I have the evidence and what I say is facts, not opinions, period. But you are a fat lazy kid who doesn't bother to research crap so I won't bother with you.

@Everyone else

And 7,000 boycotters is a tiny number so you all can call me a troll even though that doesn't make sense lol. And AMD ftw. Trust me, they own Intel. Period.

Yes, I say period a lot. And this game is worth a buy in playing a developer's game. Anyways, i don't care about you guys in these forums, there's only like a couple thousand of you, and that's a small small number. Very small, so enjoy your time in depression. Btw, none of you are true PC gamers. Get out of the community if you consider yourself one. You all want to find loopholes in what I say to twist the words to mean something else, but I know it is pure BS. Plus, you guys got off topic on this thread, this thread isn't even about why the boycott is stupid, it's just a question you retards.

Anyways, I know PC gaming, and the PC community doesn't need you boycotters. Stop addressing yourselfes as the PC community or representing it, you are only making us look pathetic and bad.

You are absolutely frackin' priceless, really you are -- What evidence?? I've been through your sorry assed posts and found nothing that could be considered to be a solid fact... NOTHING!!! I've done my research sunshine, enough to know that you are a completely clueless moron.

Oh, and the figure of 7,000 boycotters? Did you pull that figure out of your arse? That figure is for the number of people who signed a post release petition for the game. Nowhere in it does it say that any one of them boycotted the game. In fact if you'd bother to read it you'd find that it's actually written from the point of view of people who did buy it and were unhappy with it, you pathetic little cretin.

True PC gamer my arse! Every word you type reveals you as a brainless butt muncher with all the charm and grace of a tagnut on IW's hairy arse. You know less than nothing about what being a true PC gamer means. You have no real idea of community, it's just a word you like to throw around, all your posts are about you and your half baked opinions.

Finally this one really creases me up and proves one of my earlier points -- "But you are a fat lazy kid who doesn't bother to research crap so I won't bother with you." -- You got me on the fat, or at least a little out of shape but the lazy kid thing, is that your best shot? Come on freakazoid, you can do better than that or is that why you won't bother with me, cos you can't? You don't want to enter into a battle of wits with me because I have the big guns and you're completely unarmed!!

Now sod off back under the bridge and wait for the billy goat you self obsessed, wank stain!
                                                                        SilentPhenom
                                                                        @Lord_CoD

What do you mean what evidence? Oh yeah, there's evidence. Just because I'm not posting it here doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you look it up, you'll find the evidence. LOL you make me laugh. Look kid, I know a PC gamer. I am a true PC gamer, and you aren't. Define to me a gamer. Exactly, someone who plays games. I play games, hardcore ones, since I am a hardcore gamer, and on PC. ANd games that are amazing, and MW2 is one of them.

Aside from that, it's kinda cool, now I can make a thread about something totally random and I'm instantly flamed. What does this mean? It means I can read BS all day long and laugh :D And what does that mean? Well they say laughing is good for the human body, so thanks guys, keep it coming!! :D
                                                                          Lord_CoD
                                                                          SilentPhenom, you claimed you had evidence in your posts, I read through them and found nothing but unsupported opinion, references to IW sources (like we trust anything they say right now) and YouTube. You have yet to prove anything.

The reason you get flamed is simple, you make yourself a target with your malformed ideas, your pretension to being a 'true PC gamer' and your insistence that anyone who disagrees with you is a boycotter, is stupid and is not a 'true PC gamer'. Your credibility as a 'true PC gamer' is zero. Every word you type informs readers that you know less than nothing about PC gaming. You do not know what community means although you like to bandy that word around. Your advice when someone mentions a connection issue is to tell them to set their NAT to open and all will magically be resolved. Not only is that not the case, do you even realise that if people do that they open their computers up to attack?

I am not, nor have I ever been a boycotter. My elder brother knew this game would be crap but I ignored him and bought it anyway. I hate it when he's right but he is, it's a pile of crap and I feel ripped. You may be having a whale of a time with the game but I and many others are not and we have every right to complain about a product that does not perform as it should. But you won't even acknowledge that others may have a different experience to your own and instead you insist that people posting their complaints must be exaggerating, lying or both.

You have absolutely no credibility in these forums at all. You are treated as a joke and IMHO rightly so. I strongly suggest that you go away and learn how to communicate with human beings in order that some humans may accept you as one of them, only then might someone take you seriously.
                                                                            AnonymousDoesNotForgive
                                                                            @ SilentPhenom...

Look... what we have here is an undereducated and overopinionated individual that's on some self-inflated quest to prove a point no one cares to agree with him on.

I'll point this out one more time for you Phenom, because yet again, you have no facts whatsoever and still source all your information on sources funded by Activision and Infinity ward. Last time, hopefully you can get it through that thick head of yours.

You still... to this day, have yet to address International players who pay per meg bandwidth, further illustrating your complete ignorance to how broadband services are provided and offered outside of your immediate area.

You assume I'm some kid, when in fact, I'm a 31 year old business owner/operator for an online retailer that's been in business online since 1996. I spearheaded our online retail section from the walk-in store we've had in business since 1986 (well before I started working for the previous owner). I am both MCSE and CCNA certified, I've moonlighted for several ISP's and GSR's and still have time to take care of my two retired parents, two dogs, three cars, 2 internet connections at home, a vent server, and still attend college at night in psychiatry (and clearly you've got an inferiority complex, but I digress).

Now that you can't seem to win a single arguement you weakly present, you've relegated yourself to attacking or belittling the people who disagree with you, further discrediting anything you have to say further.

You're wasting forum page space by making repeated topics on the same matter with a different weakly opinionated spin because for some reason, you've got it in your thick head that MORE is better.

You still claim to be a true PC gamer, but in all honesty, you insult the very definition of what that means. You still with all your useless threads and responses never once described your technical background, knowhow or whatever else you thought was relevant. For all we know, you're just some overopinionated fresh out of college **** with too much red bull in your system and this moronic attitude of "CAN'T GO TO BED NOW, SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET IS WRONG!" attitude. I guess that might be true since you're posting constantly and statistics show that over 70% of college grads have difficulty landing a decent job in less than 2 years.

You CAN read into things right? This forum's overall tone (go to the 360 and PS3 forums as well) is unhappy. You can try to act like the golden peanut in the proverbial turd, but guess what? You're still a peanut in a turd. The game is getting negative denotations from every platform it is presented on.

I'll conclude with that I said previously... we, the community are done with you. We don't want, nor need to hear anything you've got to say because frankly what you have to say is of little relevance to the overall tone of the forum. It's people like you, who roll over and take it up the backside from people like Acti and IW that segregate the community by trying to convert us into your "Let's be good little sheep!" mantra.

So... we'll segregate ourselves from you....

We don't want YOUR kind around here.
                                                                              Dazzler71
                                                                              this is great, others should get the chance to see soylentphenominallydaft's hilarious statements and stunningly good question dodging
                                                                              maybe the problem is that there are to many questions for him to answer so his eys...no brain just glazes over, you should ask them one at at a time to see if/how he dodges them then

bumping for more great hilarity :D
                                                                                Malecite00
                                                                                silentPHENOM is great because he skims over posts that documentally contradict him, then responds with some further contrived opinionated bullshit, and finally concludes it all with further repetition that he's somehow a "gamer".

I liked the part where you cite yourself as "hardcore", especially when your advocating a game that used a chainsaw to surgically remove that element. Its truly "hardcore" when your playing in matches that are unregulated, have massive latency differences, host advantage to 1 team (or player), and have impossible problems with networking people.

You claim that 2000 people somehow represent the boycott? What of the several hundred thousand people that are offended by this games very existence. See I know that even though you somehow enjoy pandering to Activision and playing the devils advocate, you probably find parts of this game as reprehensible as the rest of us.

Anyone thats not a total moron would loathe playing with 200ms pings over 50ms pings and forfeiting ANY choice on what kind of map they want to play. Only a complete rube would say "man I totally would rather PAY for these DLC maps instead of getting community ones for free (WHICH ARE USUALLY BETTER). Finally, you would have to be the epitome of utter simplicity to defend the outright removal of any complexity in this game and expect the rest of us to say: "Thanks IW, you truly know whats best" despite them COMPLETELY IGNORING US.

Oh right... thats EXACTLY what your trolling dumbass is doing.
                                                                                  SilentPhenom
                                                                                  @Lord_CoD

whoa whoa whoa, just hold up. I said if you LOOK UP WHAT I AM SAYING YOU WILL FIND EVIDENCE. I did not say I have ever put pure evidence there on the table, but I did say, it's definately out there, so your arguement is dead now.

@AnonymousDoesNotForgive

dude, just leave. Just go away, what are you trying to prove? Your boycott is dying out rofl. And also, IW is listening to us. They just gave 2 new replies to 402 to say on his twitter. One being the javelin glitch on PC to be fixed and another saying a big patch for PC to come. btw, patches are free on pc. Now see, I don't care about you being middle aged or whatever, for all I know, you are a stuck up 14 year old teen trying to act smart and going on wikipedia or google to find jobs to make you seem smart and claiming that you do them. Honestly, you're just ridiculous, I'm not even going to bother with you anymore. And for 31 years, you must have no life, and you are definately a nerd to be arguing as you do on these boards, so immaturely....that's of course if you ARE 31, which I doubt.

@Defender2083

Ugh, you guys redifined the word troll, nice one. I'm in no way a troll but I'm labeled as one so whatever. ANd also, I am not payed, I am just supportive to the CORRECT side. See, the thing is, I've played more fps than you and more games than you. For you to say MW2 is bad, you either are lying, haven't played too many games, or you just have REALLY bad taste in games.
                                                                                    SilentPhenom
                                                                                    @MAlecite00

Sorry, but I don't feel contradicted at all. Ever actually lol, just more bullshit to read. Now see, here's the thing. DOing 5 replies this long, takes 10 minutes. It isn't long, so why not respond?

It's ridiculous how you guys twist things, redifine, and just say random ****....lol, funny how you all sit there on your PCs anticipating my responses so you can respond back. Go outside people, it's good for you.
                                                                                      Grueber
                                                                                      "I did not say I have ever put pure evidence there on the table, but I did say, it's definately out there"

Which means you did not back any statement with evidence, hence you agree with Lord_CoD when he states ", I read through them and found nothing but unsupported opinion". QED.

"ANd also, I am not payed, I am just supportive to the CORRECT side. See, the thing is, I've played more fps than you and more games than you. For you to say MW2 is bad, you either are lying, haven't played too many games, or you just have REALLY bad taste in games."

According to which objective standards would that be? Where is the evidence? And again, Lord_CoD's argument is valid and spot on. QED^2, I would say.
                                                                                        Lord_CoD
                                                                                        @ SilentPhlegm -- blal, blah, blah... you're like a bloody scratched record. In the words of the great David Byrne, "You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything."

Change the record or take your own advice and go outside. Play with the traffic while you're at it.
                                                                                          dale1v
                                                                                          SilentPhenom, with all due respect, if you are old enough to have been playing PC for 22 years, you should be mature enough to either back up your points with third party evidence, or just ignore the thread and stop retaliating.

"whoa whoa whoa, just hold up. I said if you LOOK UP WHAT I AM SAYING YOU WILL FIND EVIDENCE. I did not say I have ever put pure evidence there on the table, but I did say, it's definately out there, so your arguement is dead now."
                                                                                          If you're presenting an argument to someone YOU must lay down sufficient evidence YOURSELF; until then his argument is more credible than yours because you have yet to provide anything.

You *should* have enough gaming experience to see that playing an online FPS at a /minimum/ of 100ms with/without cheaters and the inability to choose even a MAP is unacceptable and should be rectified immediately. Most good games for the PC have been made with tools to support (as best as possible) a player's individual preferences- take games using the Source Engine (I assume you know what the Source Engine is) for example. COD 4 opened opportunities for mapmakers, mods, etc. Infinity Ward DID take a step back with this.
                                                                                          How can you possibly say the removal of such things is better? If you have all this gaming experience under your belt you should have got used to a certain standard. You should be thinking: "out of all these games I played, they have had components X, Y, Z for a good time, so why have components X Y and Z been removed?"

You *should* be old enough to realize that in a market, there are two "sides"- the company and the consumer. You do not work for Infinity Ward or Activision so you can only be a consumer. You are in the same boat as us. You bought a game without somewhat essential features that have existed on games for years (fact) at a higher price. You can say no, but this is what has happened!

The fact is that the game has disappointed many due to a plethora of reasons and you say they are wrong but have not explained as to why.

...please... let your next post be a critical one where you carry a point across.
                                                                                            Lord_CoD
                                                                                            @dale1v

no point dude, all you'll get is the same tired & regurgitated tripe that he always comes out with, the same tired and pathetic insults, the usual blah, blah, boycotters, blah, evidence is there, blah, blah & references to Activision/IW sources, pretensions to being a 'true PC gamer', more lame insults, pretensions to being intelligent, more blah, blah, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

SilentPhlegm has no idea how to present a critical argument, evidence his points or even that an effective argument requires one to present reliable evidence oneself. He comes from the "if I say it loud enough and long enough someone will believe me" school of 'thought' (I doubt a truly original, cohesive thought has ever emanated from his brain). He does however provide some occasional entertainment on these cold winter nights.

Javelin glitch right? I'm not sure I'm MW2 but works in MW3