25 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2010 1:21 AM by MQgsvin RSS

My idea to fix the knife combo *edited*

CODfanboy2k9
      Since all the talk about OMA/Danger Close has demanded the removal of perk 1 for the tube like the old days on cod4 (but there was a work around :D) I have come with a plan to address the knife combo perks Marthron/Lightweight/Commando

Idea #1

Lightweight is moved to perk slot one, OMA is moved to perk slot two, this will mean that both Marthron/lightweight are in the same section and OMA/Danger Close in same second

*edit* - just realised this idea would unbalance the game, so in a change, Mathron moved to perk 2 and danger close moved to perk 1, that way oma users could not abuse Scavenger

Commando is tweek that the lunge does not reach across the screen and the user is not invincable like Boris from Goldeneye

Idea #2

Knife is moved into equiment as "Combat Knife" but using it removes Perk slot 1 and perk slot 3

Idea #3

Mathron tweeked to its cod4 style where it lets you only run for longer and not infintely, lightweight removed and commando moved to perk slot 2 to replace it

Feel free to add your own ideas
        • Re: My idea to fix the knife combo
          Guster
          Personally, I'm fond of

Non-commando knifing has no lunge, only the close range swipe. I've had a lot of moments where I hit the knife button out of reflex, only to watch myself lunge a ridiculous distance forward WITHOUT Comando equipped.\

Commando would add the lunge, making it equivalent to the current non-commando knifing mechanic.
            CODfanboy2k9

Guster wrote:

Personally, I'm fond of

Non-commando knifing has no lunge, only the close range swipe. I've had a lot of moments where I hit the knife button out of reflex, only to watch myself lunge a ridiculous distance forward WITHOUT Comando equipped.\

Commando would add the lunge, making it equivalent to the current non-commando knifing mechanic.

the knife animation is stupid, maybe it was intended to be a first person stabber rather than a shooter, who knows
              Good ideas, I like the one where the Marathon, Lightweight is both in Perk 1.

Lol. FPJ(First Person Jabber)
                CODfanboy2k9

CoDfAtHeR123 wrote:

Good ideas, I like the one where the Marathon, Lightweight is both in Perk 1.

Lol. FPJ(First Person Jabber)

thanks
                  o0 KEV1N 0o
                  Good solutions. Finally, someone isn't blindly defending every aspect of this game, "If you can't counter this you must suck" et al.
                    CODfanboy2k9

Antagonizer88 wrote:

Personally, here is what I think should happen. It would still make Knifing doable, but add back a bit of skill that it originally had in CoD4:

Marathon --> Extreme Conditioning
                    Marathon Pro --> Sprint Faster

Lightweight --> No Fall Damage
                    Lightweight Pro --> Faster Object Climbing

Commando --> Increased Melee Speed
                    Commando Pro --> Increased Melee Damage (yes, ALL melee would do 50 damage to start)

Now obviously, this renders the Tactical Knife pointless, so to fix that, the Tactical Knife lets you knife while shooting at the same time (extra incentive to unlock it).

IMO I just think that makes more sense than what we have going now. Infinite Sprint at fast speeds sounds like a good idea in theory, but that contributes to part of the problem.

Like your ideas, but i think lightweight should not give you no fall damage at the start of the game, I think it should be intergrated into Steady Aim, so it lets you aim faster

so like this

Lightweight - Quicker Aiming
                    Lightweight pro - Quicker Aiming + quicker turning or quicker firing from the hip (kinda like Double Tap)
                      Ya, knifing should only be a very close strike. NO lunge, and commando should make the knife lunge what it is without it. (As said before)

Marathon and Lightweight should be perk 1, OMA should be perk 2, so people can't use danger close with Noobtubes (and OMA doesn't replenish explosives).
                        Polka14

Polka14 wrote:

I think normal knife should be a normal OHK knife that takes approximately 1-1.5 seconds to take out of its knife pocket and use. Commando should allow the player to use a bayonet attached to the end of some weapons that would be equal to the normal knifing in MW2. If bayonet can not be used, then the player would have a knife out like the quick knife attachment for pistols.
                        No extra lunge with commando;no auto-aim.

I like this idea in addition to idea #1. No more abusing grenades or knives is a good idea.
                          CODfanboy2k9

Chrason wrote:

Ya, knifing should only be a very close strike. NO lunge, and commando should make the knife lunge what it is without it. (As said before)

Marathon and Lightweight should be perk 1, OMA should be perk 2, so people can't use danger close with Noobtubes (and OMA doesn't replenish explosives).

there something that would need to be added to OMA, that it removed perk 1 to stop the use of scavgner, which would epically unbalance the game

there something that would need to be added to OMA, that it removed perk 1 to stop the use of scavgner, which would epically unbalance the game

Then OMA would stay at 1, but still not replenish explosives... or flahhbangs, I get spammed with those every game
                              CODfanboy2k9

Chrason wrote:

Then OMA would stay at 1, but still not replenish explosives... or flahhbangs, I get spammed with those every game

well this is not really about OMA, its about fixing the knifers
                              • Re: My idea to fix the knife combo *edited*
                                juggernawt
                                i use the MLC combo myself on my rusher class,i really like it too

i dont run around with a tact knife but i use the class to help capture points in domination, moving fast and falling through big drops

i could see fixing the melee range so its less cheap but flipping the perks will be hurting other reasonable classes
                                  Elz
                                  Knifers aren't that big of a problem because they have to actually move to get kills and can be shoot when charging so easily, but yeah the lunge can be a little extreme some times I wouldn't mind if that got a nerf.  Also moving around perks is a stupid way to fix any thing because it affects other aspects of the game.  My fav example of this is people wanting to move OMA to the perk 2 slot thats a big fu to snipers who use stopping power and OMA.
                                    Siriusa
                                    1). Remove the range of regular knifing
                                    2). Give Commando the old range of regular knifing
                                    3). Done.
                                      CODfanboy2k9

Elz wrote:

Knifers aren't that big of a problem because they have to actually move to get kills and can be shoot when charging so easily, but yeah the lunge can be a little extreme some times I wouldn't mind if that got a nerf.  Also moving around perks is a stupid way to fix any thing because it affects other aspects of the game.  My fav example of this is people wanting to move OMA to the perk 2 slot thats a big fu to snipers who use stopping power and OMA.

OMA would remain where it was, danger close would move to perk 1, because of scavenger
                                        Pwnage19
                                        OR...

When a player equips a Grenade Launcher, they are not allowed to use Scavenger or One Man Army.
                                        That there should completely fix the whole Noob Tube Abusing that is occurring lately.

Marathon should be a 50% increase in sprint duration, Lightweight should be bumped back up to a 10% speed increase, and Commando should have a lunge of 5 feet with no invincibility. That does in fact mean that normal knifing would only work when one is next to an enemy (no lunge at all).

But because the Knife system would be so terribly reduced (Noob players saying "OMG I can't knife anymore!!"), many users would want to use Commando, so the other Tier 3 Perks would have to be boosted.

Steady Aim- Give all weapons sway, and make the Pro Version of Steady Aim apply to all weapons.

SitRep- The red aurora around Explosives is boosted and make the Pro Version of SitRep counter Ninja.

Last Stand- Only Handguns can be used, the duration is increased to 15 seconds, and Suicides grant Assisted Suicides.

Commando- Knife lunge is reduced to 5 feet and invincibility is no longer granted, also, the Pro Version of Commando is reduced Fall Damage.

Ninja- No change

Scrambler- The "Hot and Cold" effect of Scrambler is removed, and when a player is within 10-15 meters of a Scrambler User, they will experience a mini-EMP (Radar Jammed and Electronics Disabled).
                                          I SniFF GLuE
                                          Bigb, I thought you were agains't a possible change to OMA?

Yet you seem kinda determined to get Scavanger tweeked, I just find it kinda strange.

You know, OMA and Scavanger tubing is still annoying without DC, it's just the same thing bit a bit weaker.

Seriously, they should just stop OMA and Scav from resuplying explosive rounds.

It seems the simplest solution to all of this, instead of moving all the perks around.
                                            PhantomKyro
                                            I like your first idea the most. =D
                                              I SniFF GLuE

Personally, I'm fond of

This,

It's not changing a great deal, but would go some way towards dealing with the problem.
                                                Aaron_from_Ohio
                                                This thread gives me hope for this community. No fighting, people discussing things in a positive and constructive way and nobody calling other people unnecessary names or noobs. Keep up the good work folks.
                                                  Why not just fix the auto aim lunge, so instead of having a cone of death infront of you that gets wider at distance you have a smaller box of doom .
                                                    CODfanboy2k9

I SniFF GLuE wrote:

Bigb, I thought you were agains't a possible change to OMA?

Yet you seem kinda determined to get Scavanger tweeked, I just find it kinda strange.

You know, OMA and Scavanger tubing is still annoying without DC, it's just the same thing bit a bit weaker.

Seriously, they should just stop OMA and Scav from resuplying explosive rounds.

It seems the simplest solution to all of this, instead of moving all the perks around.

I am against the tweeking of OMA, but its already in the process of happening, so nothing i can do about it
                                                      I SniFF GLuE

I am against the tweeking of OMA, but its already in the process of happening, so nothing i can do about it

I doubt it'll be a huge change.

They're not going to break the perk. Why would they do that?
                                                        CODfanboy2k9

I SniFF GLuE wrote:

I doubt it'll be a huge change.

They're not going to break the perk. Why would they do that?

we will find out
                                                          MQgsvin
                                                          I wouldn't mind seeing Commando get a slight fix somehow but please do not nerf Marathon and/or Lightweight. They're already underused apart from their synergy with Commando. Some of us actually do use these three perks "one at a time" where none of them are particular gamebreaking. Please don't screw us over. ;)

Oh, and the fix to tubing could go a long way with simply removing Danger Close. That perk, bar none, by far promotes the most lame gameplay ever. Explosives are already really deadly without it; the lethal radius of eplosives is simply insane with DC "equipped". >_<

PS: Sorry for my english.