1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2010 9:10 AM by Dingo84 Go to original post RSS
      • 110. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
        Warlord-Chojin
        About the invincibility of the lunge..

If you watch a player initiating Commando, you will notice that the 'teleport' is not occuring so oviously on their screen.
        Instead they just appear closer to their target and knifing at point blank range. Yet what we see is often a teleport.
        So if the lunge is moving from point A to B in an instant, the shooter is not landing as many bullets as they normally would over that range. Hence the appearance of invincibility. Basically the lunge creates a void in the Commando's hitbox over the lunge range, because the shooter is still shooting in 'normal' time, while the Commandos time has been cut down, for example, from 3 seconds to 1. Matrix style.

But whether it technically is invincibility or not, it might aswell be because of the way it plays, you shoot your heart out at this guy and he is not dropping. They then regen hp off of the kill, which enables them to continue knifing despite being shot at simultaneously by mulitple players.

Latency, lag, anti-lag system only enhances the effect. 

As does lightweight and marathon.
        • 111. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
          Geemaa
          My suggestion is to swap lightweight and OMA perk slots. Make lightweight be perk 1 and OMA be perk 2. This leaves MLC to just have regular speed and not crazy LW speed. And it leaves OMA to just be regular tubes and no extra damage range.

Both completely balanced, maybe
          • 112. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
            Argus PC
            I think commando should be changed and moved to the red perks with all the other killing assisted perks such as stopping power and danger close. Those help specific weapons be more efficient so shouldn't commando be in that same tier as it assists in knifing better?

Also moving it to the Red Tier it will also take lightweight out of the equation which will stop a lot of the in your face with a knife moments. And maybe put a hinder to all the people complaining about lag and what not since the player is not moving as fast.

Marathon and lightweight together i don't really see a problem with its just with commando added it becomes said issue. And as of this moment on the PC i hardly see anyone do M/L/C combo anymore.
            • 113. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
              Road Wulf

My suggestion is to swap lightweight and OMA perk slots. Make lightweight be perk 1 and OMA be perk 2. This leaves MLC to just have regular speed and not crazy LW speed. And it leaves OMA to just be regular tubes and no extra damage range.

Both completely balanced, maybe

Here's your problem.  Scav/OMA in one class.  You want to talk infinite Noob Tubes.....

But I agree Perk slot switching is probably the answer to MLC.

Here's my switch idea:

Marathon moved to Perk 2
              Hardline moved to Perk 3
              Sit Rep moved to Perk 1.

This way you now have two different kinds of Knifing classes, but both weaker than the original.  You can Marathon/Commando  or Lightweight/Commando, not both.

Hardline acts more like a Perk 3 anyway, being a passive perk, only working when you do something to make it work.

Sit Rep, formerly Bomb Squad, used to be a Perk 1 anyway. It was only made a perk 3 to avoid using in conjunction with Ninja, and with Turtlebeaches being out in the public, it hardly matters now.
              • 114. Re: Matharon/Lightweight/Commando - Discussion/Fix Suggestion
                Dingo84
                every knifing class with commando stays overpowered.
                1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next