1 2 3 Previous Next 5,813 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 5:14 AM by xXMJIOLNIRXx RSS

MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread

[center:166tet4u][/center:166tet4u]
      [hr:166tet4u]hr[/hr:166tet4u]
      [center:166tet4u]MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread[/center:166tet4u]
      [center:166tet4u]Use this thread to discuss Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer.[/center:166tet4u]

IMPORTANT! Read before posting:

• 1. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
          I'll throw this idea out there again.

I have an idea for character customization that might work.

You start out with the basics.

Browse through heads
          Browse through bodies
          Browse through legs

Now after doing that, you go to the sub selections under heads:
          -Helmets
          -Gear

Helmets choose helmets, obviously, so you just browse through different helmets for your soldier to wear.
          Next, Gear. Gear adds on little tid bits that would actually affect gameplay. Like Night Vision goggles, sunglasses for flashbangs and much more.

Now, the subselections of bodies:
          -Gloves
          -Gear

Gloves, are just like helmets, no actual signifigance, just to make your character prettier.
          Gear, again, adds little tid bits to affect gameplay. Flak Jacket could be one.

Subselections for legs:
          -Gear

The gear for this category would be the same as others. Anyway, one idea would be an ammunition belt, so you'll have extra magazines.

BeardHero 420 wrote:

Secondly @Bentwood

We are definitely on the right track, but we also need to remember that this is Call of Duty, and CoD has to cater to a rather large crowd of armchair d-bags who don't know the difference between 5.56 and 7.62.  It has to be rich and in depth, yet not cumbersome or overbearing to noobs and the like. 

Now if I had my way, I'd take your system and add even more layers of realistic to the point of it being an actual shooting simulator (kinda like a flying sim - except for shooting guns).  If it was my game, I'd strip away the perks (yes - I just said I'd get rid of the perks), and add actual weight to the gear and ammunition of you personalized character - every piece of it; from the armor and helmets to the ammunition and weapon attachments.  Besides, why can't everyone have "marathon pro"?  Getting shot at makes you run fast, and you don't slow down to catch your breath.  Everyone gets stopping power and danger close, nobody gets cold blooded or steady aim (the hip-fire part) and last stand is DEPENDENT UPON WHERE YOU GET SHOT (and with what bullet).  Now we all have to rely on our skills and our choices, just like in real life.

If you ever talk gear and shooting with me, you will always hear me complain about "The Ounces" (This applies to any outdoor excursion-like activity).  Everything you strap on and take into combat has weight, and that weight slows you down and hinders your ability to manipulate your gear and weapon(s).  Sure, you could sprint around, knifing people like a madman (such as the lightweight/tacknife perk combo), but one shot will drop you pretty damn quick.  Or you could armor up with a big plate carrier, with Level III ESAPI front, rear, and side plates (all optional - I know, it's cool to brainstorm), a helmet with side chops and visor and a neck and groin plate and some knee pads and shoulder and elbow pads, but you definitely aren't moving very fast, and are therefore pretty good sniper bait.  

Then there's your weapon and its weight.  You can strap a grenade launcher, a red dot, a magnifier, a silencer and a taclight on your M4 if you want, but you now have to consider the effect that all of that extra weight has on things like your accuracy and your ability to quickly shoulder and shoot the weapon.  This would make EVERY player unique, with his own preferences and his own way to play.

Oh, but it's fun to daydream.  We are on to something though, and I hope IW is listening :)

I know this is unlikely for MW3, but its still a nice suggestion that I'd like to discuss.
          • 2. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
            Hardline Pro.
            Killstreaks…I know this has been suggested before but this is how I would like to see them...

3-5-7 customizable killstreaks. Kills from killstreak rewards do not count towards your killstreak count. You should have the ability to cycle through your killstreaks via the Dpad.

Choose 1 from each:

3 KILLS:
            UAV
            Counter-UAV
            SAM Turret

5 KILLS:
            Airstrike
            Predator Missile
            Sentry Gun

7 KILLS:
            Helicopter
            Stealth Bomber
            Valkyrie Rockets

If MW3 has ridiculous and overpowered killstreaks like in MW2, I will be a sad panda.

• 3. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
              Pretty sure there not gonna change their kill streaks now. Theyve already finished planning them out, check out fists new vid and youll see.
              • 4. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                DFlannagan11

23q wrote:

Pretty sure there not gonna change their kill streaks now. Theyve already finished planning them out, check out fists new vid and youll see.

Oh no, not f1st. I suspect it was called "MW3 KILLSTREAKS ANNOUNCED!!!1" or something similar. Yep... he's not a reliable source. The only reliable source is @[url=http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo:3lppkhne]fourzerotwo[/url:3lppkhne].

Anyway, I'd like to see the Chopper Gunner and AC-130 return with their laptop style control method. In my opinion, Black Ops' Chopper Gunner is boring.

- UAV (3 kills)
                - Counter UAV (4 kills)
                - Predator Missile (5 kills)
                - Care Package (5 kills)
                - Airstrike (5 kills)
                - Harrier (7 kills)
                - Stealth Bomber (8 kills)
                - Pave Low (9 kills)
                - AC-130 (12 kills)
                - Chopper Gunner (12 kills)

Note:

- Kills attained from killstreaks count towards your next killstreak until the 7th kill (e.g Predator Missile gets two kills, I get a Harrier. The Harrier's kills don't count towards a future streak).

- In Search and Destroy (and any other single life game types), players are restricted to UAV or Counter UAV, Predator Missile and Harrier.
                • 5. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                  since when is 402 reliable?
                  • 6. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                    one tier of perks
                    Bomb Suit: multiply damage taken from explosions by .5
                    Danger Close: multiply damage dealt from explosions by 1.5
                    Cold Blooded: invisible to UAV
                    Critical Hit: increase headshot damage multiplier area
                    Juggernaut: decrease time to regain health after taking damage from 5 to 3 seconds
                    • 7. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                      Oh no restrictions on what killstreaks you can pick for SnD! I want my SnD nuke! And nothing should count toward the streak be it a 11 kill reward or a 5 kill reward.
                      • 8. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                        .ICEheaven102

Hardline Pro. wrote:

Killstreaks…I know this has been suggested before but this is how I would like to see them...

3-5-7 customizable killstreaks. Kills from killstreak rewards do not count towards your killstreak count. You should have the ability to cycle through your killstreaks via the Dpad.

Choose 1 from each:

3 KILLS:
                        UAV
                        Counter-UAV
                        SAM Turret

5 KILLS:
                        Airstrike
                        Predator Missile
                        Sentry Gun

7 KILLS:
                        Helicopter
                        Stealth Bomber
                        Valkyrie Rockets

If MW3 has ridiculous and overpowered killstreaks like in MW2, I will be a sad panda.

Sounds like a nice idea. I liked the 3-5-7 layout.
                        • 9. Re: MW3 Multiplayer Discussion Thread
                          I must say I really liked the 3-5-7 of CoD4. There was far less camping and pretty much no boosting. Well not for kill streaks at least. Plus they weren't overpowered - you saw an airstrike icon coming in, you ran inside (which worked MOST of the time - damn cargo containers on Bog were unreliable); you saw a heli then you either hid inside or went to your LMG/RPG class.

Speaking of RPGs - I HATE those lock on launchers. Where's the skill in that? Beep, beep, fire. It made the attack helicopter utterly toothless in MW2. Get rid of those nasty high kill streaks that encouraged camping and boosting and get rid of lock on launchers.

1 2 3 Previous Next